PDA

View Full Version : 07 Honda civic

Vicious 13
09-16-2012, 02:10 PM
The motor mounts on our Honda are bad causing unwanted engine noise and vibrations...Firestone wants 800 bucks are they trying to get me?

Sherk
09-16-2012, 02:17 PM
For just the parts or labor to! If just parts, tell them to go fuck themselves

Vicious 13
09-16-2012, 02:22 PM
He think he said parts and labor bit now he's telling me my engine block is leaking and my tires are all bad and I just bought new tires I think I'm going to tell him to go fuck himself

Sherk
09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I would bro. My brother in law works as a service writer at a major dealership. He is telling me what they are doing is the oldest trick in the book. Granted with broken motor mounts you could have other issues going on because of that but I'd get a second opinion.

Skyling35
09-16-2012, 03:03 PM
If they are new tires they should have some kind of warranty of thy were brand new when you got em. My last tires had 5yr 80000 and wore fast and all were replaced free.

As for the motor mounts. The parts are cheap but the repair can be pricey due to the fact that some cars have to Have the motor and transmission lifted out or jacked up to get the mounts in.

Vicious 13
09-16-2012, 03:06 PM
They are fairly new I just looked up my year there are a ton of recalls including motor mounts

Skyling35
09-16-2012, 03:10 PM
They are fairly new I just looked up my year there are a ton of recalls including motor mounts

I'm pretty sure you can get on Hondas website and set up recalls repairs through them at a local dealership. I have to set it up on my 08 fit for the lights and a window switch. If there's a recall on it Honda will replace it as long as it is t past a certain mileage. All the specifics would be listed in the recall service bulletin on Hondas site.

Did Firestone put the tires on?

layddually
09-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Fuck that's a lot I bought poly mounts for my cars and did the work my self. Cost $125 with shipping.

Vicious 13
09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
No America. Tire company but something in the rear end cause the rear tires to wear fast that's also a recall as well as the sun visors I've replaced twice I guess 07 was a bad year but yes they fix everything as log as its not over the mileage so hopefully it works thy easy