PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Search

red crayon
09-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I usually order my supplements from various on line sites. I usually go to the place that gives me the lowest price for my total order. You know protein, vitamins and such. I have noticed that when I have a big box of things that they have a hole punched in the side thats just about the right size for a borescope. I cant tell you if my boxes are being searched or if Im just going a little nuts but I thought that I should alert Y'all to this.
We use a borescope for electric motor instection where I work. We have several different brands and the hole does match one of the cheap models. Oh and all the boxes were shipped by UPS. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sherk
09-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Ups sucks bro. If you can choose shipping method use usps. They're not much better but they don't do inspections like that.

Vicious 13
09-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I worked for ups for a while they don't really care what's in the boxes more so about sorting and getting them out I have seen dogs walk the belt but never anyone putting holes and looking

Bigmike
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Lol UPS! The hole most likely came from when the driver didn't give two shits about your pack and threw it around in the truck or threw it onto you're front steps.

Lunchbox
09-24-2012, 01:09 PM
What can Brown do for you?

red crayon
09-24-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=borescope

I will post photos as soon as I can. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that my head is playing tricks on me again. I was hit in the head and nearly died. Anyway, the only way to see if this is true is to ask a regular person, my wife agrees with me but its her job to do that.

Skyling35
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
I would highly doubt they searched it with a boroscope. My buddy worked at the main FedEx hub in central Texas. They had dogs come through 1 time in the 2.5 years he worked there. He never saw them open something unless the box was so damaged that they had to repack it. They put a sticker on all repackage aswell.

red crayon
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM

Here are a couple of the photos of the boxes I was talking about. I counted over a dozen like this that I noticed. Maybe Im just being paranoid but I would like your input anyway. Thanks.

Skyling35
09-24-2012, 02:18 PM
The top left corner? Looks like a bored employee poking boxes with a pencil/pen. I would really doubt it but in this day and age anything is possible. Personally I think they would just cut the tape and open it if they wanted to see what's inside. That's what customs does. Customs just opens the whole fucking package.

Frustratez
09-24-2012, 02:20 PM

Here are a couple of the photos of the boxes I was talking about. I counted over a dozen like this that I noticed. Maybe Im just being paranoid but I would like your input anyway. Thanks.

I work for YRC . our inspection guy just opens that shit up and looks in and tapes it back lmao

Lunchbox
09-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Could be anything bro. Someone working in their warehouse could have been bored and poking holes in a skid of boxes.

red crayon
09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Argggg Im so glad to hear this is probably just nothing. I even went and measured the distance from the sides with a micrometer. They are perfectly the same, well its off by 2 thousandths. I guess my head is just broken, lol. Thanks.

Bigmike
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Argggg Im so glad to hear this is probably just nothing. I even went and measured the distance from the sides with a micrometer. They are perfectly the same, well its off by 2 thousandths. I guess my head is just broken, lol. Thanks.

I use to work in a packing facility man an you would be surprised what some packs go through. We would throw boxes a good 30 feet from packing area to loading dock. No one cared.... and yes get bored and pop a hole in it with a pen or box cutter. You're straight man, deep breathe now bro ;)

Lunchbox
09-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I oversee manufacturing and plant operations for a pretty large facility. You would be surprised of some of the mind boggling shit some of the guys will do out there when they have downtime.

Bigmike
09-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Dude we had competitions... your new desktop was probably used as an arm wrestling table for our company wide competition. Or your fancy new server was used in a OHP comp between all the warehouse workers. The guys get bored man, like LB said you'd be surprised lol

Skyling35
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Dude we had competitions... your new desktop was probably used as an arm wrestling table for our company wide competition. Or your fancy new server was used in a OHP comp between all the warehouse workers. The guys get bored man, like LB said you'd be surprised lol

Wouldn't surprise me. I've seen it all. Guys drifting and spinning forklifts. Solid metal over an inch thick shredded like it was plastic on a wood stove. Crazy shit lol plus all you mentioned. Shit gets destroyed.

Ecto
09-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I worked at UPS sorting, unloading, and driving over the course of 7 years. They don't give a shit what's in the box. They aren't like that. Your box just got damaged plain and simple. Alot of stuff can get damaged easily in the facility with all the miles of conveyors it goes through. I can't tell you how many jams have to get cleared through the night sorting and stuff just gets mangled. It's like shoving 10lbs. of crap in a 5lb. bag

Vicious 13
09-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Small sort right here baby kick back job

Ecto
09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Small sort right here baby kick back job

I did small sort too, worked in Tulsa, OK. I used to sort about 2000 packages an hour. They would make training videos of me and send them to OKC, OK hub to train there small sort with. I loved that job :) I can still remember all the first 3-5 numbers of zip codes for every town in Oklahoma and alot of towns in other states. That was 17 years ago. Those were the good times. Single, Young, screw anything in sight.

Fit Guru
09-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Lol and I thought I was paranoid!

kazman68
09-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Lol UPS! The hole most likely came from when the driver didn't give two shits about your pack and threw it around in the truck or threw it onto you're front steps.
X2...

Frustratez
09-25-2012, 01:46 AM

Hell just tonight a guy went to bust a shit and I taped a skid of boxes to the back of his forklift ... he came out jumped on his lift and took off ....he was dragging that shit all over the dock hahaha . We do all kinds of shit when were bored.

red crayon
09-29-2012, 10:51 AM
You guys crack me up, You really know how to make a guy feel better dont ya.. . . . . .lol

zedhed
10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok guys, I worked for UPS for several months. They could care less what is in the boxes as long as nothing is leaking from the box. Under no circumstances will UPS open or look inside any box PERIOD!
If a package is leaking some kind of liquid they simply set the package aside and contact the shipper.

Now for all of you that think USPS is safe....WRONG they can and do open any package for any reason or no reason at all cuz they are an arm of the govt. So that right there says they can., and they do.

Vicious 13
10-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Only a post master or customs can open a package and they need a warrant or probable cause ups won't open it unless the dog goes off I did see a box full of weed get busted open stupid girl called the sups over before I could grab some I believe airport police came in after that and did whatever they did

bigdaddy07
10-04-2012, 06:22 PM
A little off subject, but I have a question.....I have received two packages through USPS, both had a neon green like marker marked on it. The first one I believe was marked one, and the next one was marked 2. Could they possibly be tracking how many packages I get from a certain address?

Skyling35
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
A little off subject, but I have a question.....I have received two packages through USPS, both had a neon green like marker marked on it. The first one I believe was marked one, and the next one was marked 2. Could they possibly be tracking how many packages I get from a certain address?

Received at the same time? That's how they make sure they got the whole shipment.

bigdaddy07
10-04-2012, 06:37 PM
No, I received one last week, one this week. They were seperate orders, but from the same shipper.

Skyling35
10-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I'd highly doubt it. If they wanted to track it they would just use there scan bar system to input the data and track it. So to me id say there's nothing to worry about.

bigdaddy07
10-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Your right bro, the more I think about it the more unlikely it sounds that USPS would track a package in such a way. Thanks, I just got a little paranoid, lol.

zedhed
10-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Being paranoid is a good thing in a police state such as this...

bigdaddy07
10-05-2012, 07:53 PM
True, we have a good thing going here, I don't want anything to jeopardize it. I'd rather be a little paranoid, and safe, than not to worry at all.