PDA

View Full Version : Carb Cycling

Frustratez
10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Okay I need a little help with this. I got a buddy that is cutting down and wants to carb cycle . he is not training for a athletics or training to maintain his lean muscle. his workout week is like this for example.

Monday: Bi's tri's
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Chest
Thursday: Legs, Cardio "hes wanting to cut cardio because som bb.com article said screw cardio for fat loss"
Friday: Back.

now from my understanding carb cycling is more for keeping lean not cutting or for more of a athlete.

I think Keep daily carb amounts low and space them out for pre and post workout is better for cutting. What do you guys think?

SisterSteel
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Well, first thing I would do is change his split completely. He can't effectively train legs and than back. You can squat and than pull the following day.

I would change his split to something like this:
Mon: Chest
Tue: Legs
Wed: Arms
Thurs: Shoulders
Fri: Back

That would give him sufficient time for the body to recover from hard training sessions.

You can cut, maintain, and bulk using rotations. It is not just for keeping lean. Rotations help keep you fuller and allow you to push your training while dieting. This is the rotation I would use for the above schedule:

Mon: Med
Tues: High
Wed: Low
Thurs: Med
Fri: High
Sat: Low
Sun:: Low

He shouldn't do cardio on High Days. He can do them on Med and should do them on Low Days. Now this is just a starting point. He may need to adjust things.

Frustratez
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Well, first thing I would do is change his split completely. He can't effectively train legs and than back. You can squat and than pull the following day.

I would change his split to something like this:
Mon: Chest
Tue: Legs
Wed: Arms
Thurs: Shoulders
Fri: Back

That would give him sufficient time for the body to recover from hard training sessions.

You can cut, maintain, and bulk using rotations. It is not just for keeping lean. Rotations help keep you fuller and allow you to push your training while dieting. This is the rotation I would use for the above schedule:

Mon: Med
Tues: High
Wed: Low
Thurs: Med
Fri: High
Sat: Low
Sun:: Low

He shouldn't do cardio on High Days. He can do them on Med and should do them on Low Days. Now this is just a starting point. He may need to adjust things.

Thanks I will pass the info on :)

SisterSteel
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks I will pass the info on :)

Something else I forgot to mention. When the carbs are high, the protein is low, and you don't add any additional fats. When the carbs are low, the protein is high and so is fat.

That's why I call it a rotation. You rotate things. I don't like to call it carb cycling b/c I like to adjust more than just carbs.

Frustratez
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Something else I forgot to mention. When the carbs are high, the protein is low, and you don't add any additional fats. When the carbs are low, the protein is high and so is fat.

That's why I call it a rotation. You rotate things. I don't like to call it carb cycling b/c I like to adjust more than just carbs.
so you think this is more effective than low carbs all together? hes 18% bf I might add and a hard cutter.

SisterSteel
10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
so you think this is more effective than low carbs all together? hes 18% bf I might add and a hard cutter.

Yes, I do think it's better than just low carbs. How's he eating currently?