PDA

View Full Version : Disability Claim

Fit Guru
10-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Has anyone applied for disability or friend or family member? Was it approved first time? How long? Friend of mine has been out of work a year with back trouble. He seems to get around with a limp but I have no idea how bad you have to be. Only people I know on disability are just crazy!! Lol

Vicious 13
10-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Ta fairly easy to get w the right doctors it can take time though I've been on disability for a few months never permanent but I know people tht are just fat and they are on it I could go on it permanently because of my knee but that's not the lifestyle I want to live so I'll gut it out till I really can't walk anymore but to answer your question you need to right doctors the right paperwork patience and u need to stay on them

Fit Guru
10-13-2012, 12:52 PM
They actually sent him to the State disability Dr. I've heard this could be good because they just want to verify the disability.

Fit Guru
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
They actually sent him to the State disability Dr. I've heard this could be good because they just want to verify the disability.

Vicious 13
10-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Yea they did that to my boy and normally fakes get scared ad don't go but my boy just went to them yea I have pain and yea they approved
It they told him it's surprising how many people get scared and don't go

Nelson303
10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Super easy. If you have past military history. Even easier. Mental is the easiest. Well for me anyway.

Fit Guru
10-13-2012, 02:20 PM
He said the exam was a joke. He also said everyone in the waiting room look like they've never worked a day in their life and he's a real clean-cut well-dressed person. He said the doctor told him to own everything. He was kind of coaching him through what to say about the pain so he could write it on-paper

Vicious 13
10-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Yup part of the problem in this country disability pays very well I was getting about 80% of what I was making weekly at work and then without the 86 miles of driving it's almost like I was making more

Fit Guru
10-13-2012, 03:15 PM
He said the exam was very confusing. One second seemed like the Dr was being sensitive then the next giving him test that didn't even relate to his injury. He said he has no idea how it went. I've heard 80% get denied first time but I have 2 other friends that were never sent to.a SSI Dr and approved in 3 months. Who knows?

Manny1983
10-13-2012, 04:20 PM
My girl is actually in the process of trying to get on disability because she has epilepsy and it just keeps getting worse. We asked her doctor before if she could get surgery to correct it but he said she does not yet meet the criteria to be recommended for surgery by which insurance would pay. We asked about disability he said basically you fill out the application and it's about 3-6 months before you find out but most people don't get approved until they've applied 3 or more times regardless of weather or not they qualify. Also he said his only role is to verify her condition and past treatment nothing more.

Nelson303
10-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Manny, it takes time and is bullshit. There is a non profit advocacy group that will help. Each state is different. My X works for large non profit here. They help with all that. PM me. If you want I bet she can find a group in your state. And with what your doc is saying to your wife. Ask for a 2nd opinion. Don't know your insurance deal but?? Shit give it a shot.

kazman68
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
My girl is actually in the process of trying to get on disability because she has epilepsy and it just keeps getting worse. We asked her doctor before if she could get surgery to correct it but he said she does not yet meet the criteria to be recommended for surgery by which insurance would pay. We asked about disability he said basically you fill out the application and it's about 3-6 months before you find out but most people don't get approved until they've applied 3 or more times regardless of weather or not they qualify. Also he said his only role is to verify her condition and past treatment nothing more.

You always get denied the first time, then you have to file a 2nd, wait to be denied, at the 3rd time, you can hire an attorney(which I did) The hearing lasted 10 minutes, I had a huge case file on his desk..I waited about 2 yrs to be approved in 10 mins. They want to discourage you...they have no problem taking out taxes for ssdi right away..and ssdi is not welfare! It's like insurance you buy into through payroll deductions, the more you've worked the more you can get from ssdi, some people are also eligible for ssi as well...for people who haven't worked ssi is all they can get to me if you haven't worked and get money from the government that's welfare. You do get back pay usually split into 2 payments and of course the attorney's get their cut as well.

malaki26
10-13-2012, 07:40 PM
You always get denied the first time, then you have to file a 2nd, wait to be denied, at the 3rd time, you can hire an attorney(which I did) The hearing lasted 10 minutes, I had a huge case file on his desk..I waited about 2 yrs to be approved in 10 mins. They want to discourage you...they have no problem taking out taxes for ssdi right away..and ssdi is not welfare! It's like insurance you buy into through payroll deductions, the more you've worked the more you can get from ssdi, some people are also eligible for ssi as well...for people who haven't worked ssi is all they can get to me if you haven't worked and get money from the government that's welfare. You do get back pay usually split into 2 payments and of course the attorney's get their cut as well.
the same thing happened to my mom

Fit Guru
10-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Yea that's pretty much everyone's story

Fit Guru
10-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Holy shit he got approved! Big lump sum and monthly check! The lady said " that was one of the fasted I'd ever seen"

kazman68
10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Holy shit he got approved! Big lump sum and monthly check! The lady said " that was one of the fasted I'd ever seen"

Great news brother!

Vicious 13
10-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Yea my buddy got approved first go after he went to their doctor

Bruiser
10-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Back injury is the hardest to get approved for because it's also the easiest to fake. So they have to really take their time to weed out the losers. We were lucky with our 6 year old son though. He has Autism and he got approved in a matter of 4-5 months. It's been an absolute gift! We have been able to afford in home therapy for him and in a year's time he went from being completely non-verbal to reading at a 3-4 grade level! We have been SOOOOO fortunate.

Fit Guru
10-16-2012, 09:55 PM
That's great news!

Bruiser
10-17-2012, 07:42 AM
That's great news!

Thanks man. He's my little angel. I couldn't imagine my life without him or him any different. That kid is an absolutely amazing person...

ordawg1
10-20-2012, 03:09 AM
I reallly can't see it if not absolutely needed. I have fought cancer since 1985 and lost a kidney in the " 60"s overseas. ( military) Never colllected one cent or benefits for any of it and never will.It makes a person weaker and they fold-is a huge problem in the US today. How can you be disabled and be a BB ? Just sayin-OD
Add-not talking about your boy Bruiser-but others. Wow

Bruiser
10-20-2012, 06:52 AM
I reallly can't see it if not absolutely needed. I have fought cancer since 1985 and lost a kidney in the " 60"s overseas. ( military) Never colllected one cent or benefits for any of it and never will.It makes a person weaker and they fold-is a huge problem in the US today. How can you be disabled and be a BB ? Just sayin-OD
Add-not talking about your boy Bruiser-but others. Wow

Agree 100%. That's what makes it hard for families like mine to get a claim to go through, because of all the people working the system. I had an older sister with MS who barely got her claim to go through and I would have to carry her to the bathroom! I've got a cousin with ALS who is in a motorized wheelchair already and can't get disability! People who work the system should be forced to live the lives of the people with real disabilities...

kazman68
10-20-2012, 08:08 AM
I have a legit disability 2 actually, but I still work part-time...I'm hoping to get back to full time...I got real bad a few years, couldn't even go to the gym. But as I got better I went back to work, So for me it was a temporary disability thing. What I have a problem with is ssdi can be garnished for things (which I have no problem with, mine was for child-support and it also took a payroll deduction from my job) but a guy I know gets ssi which is what you get if you have never worked! And he cannot be garnished for any reason, I think that;s bs, if you owe something you should have to pay up...I did and it didn't bother me. But he gets off Scot free not having to pay any past bills, child suport etc..

Vicious 13
10-20-2012, 09:29 AM
T

Bruiser
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Every month between the 1st and 6th I have to go to the SSI office to turn in pay stubs for my son's disability. And I always see people walk in yapping on their iPhones and as soon as they hit the door they start limping! I wanna rip their fucking heads off! One time a few months ago, I shit you not... this lady in her 40s (looked like a bar whore) is up at the counter next to me and they tell her that her disability claim went through. She gets all excited and leaves. When I walk out she is outside on her cell phone telling someone how "it went through, so let's go to the bar tonight to celebrate!". WTF!?

ordawg1
10-20-2012, 01:06 PM
No problem with folks like you Bruiser...............more than happy to see my tax $$ go your way. I have seen thse lazy ass punks come back from the desert(ME) and they took a single round in the arm and a they get this PTS $$$. I got the shit blown out of me-two survived ( one as me) and have never even used my GI bill or ANY fed funds.Plus-many of you guys know me personally and I fight my cancer head on.Need more ALPHA and less pussies.Hell-I box thse 30 yr old pussies at the gym and knock the shit out of them. Is no wonder there are more women working and some guys need more test-they have a vagina and no COCK !! LMAO.Hope your family does well Bruiser and God Bless all you ALPHAS that are out there working daily and paying your way.-Thanks-OD

Frustratez
10-20-2012, 01:15 PM
No problem with folks like you Bruiser...............more than happy to see my tax $$ go your way. I have seen thse lazy ass punks come back from the desert(ME) and they took a single round in the arm and a they get this PTS $$$. I got the shit blown out of me-two survived ( one as me) and have never even used my GI bill or ANY fed funds.Plus-many of you guys know me personally and I fight my cancer head on.Need more ALPHA and less pussies.Hell-I box thse 30 yr old pussies at the gym and knock the shit out of them. Is no wonder there are more women working and some guys need more test-they have a vagina and no COCK !! LMAO.Hope your family does well Bruiser and God Bless all you ALPHAS that are out there working daily and paying your way.-Thanks-OD

Your motivation OD I love it

Bruiser
10-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Nothing but respect for you OD!

Vicious 13
10-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Damn I don't know if I'd put the gloves on w u od

kazman68
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM

Hey brother, I always thank our service men,A lot of my family have served(uncle left a couple legs and fingers in Vietnam) I couldn't get into the military because a couple conditions...sounds like you really took it for our country, thank you for serving/protecting us. /salute

Bruiser I feel your pain, I've seen it all...when I was on disability I was a SICK man couldn't walk up a flight of steps without keeling over.But as I said I got better I went back to work..I think it's how it should be.

Fit Guru
10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey brother, I always thank our service men,A lot of my family have served(uncle left a couple legs and fingers in Vietnam) I couldn't get into the military because a couple conditions...sounds like you really took it for our country, thank you for serving/protecting us. /salute

Bruiser I feel your pain, I've seen it all...when I was on disability I was a SICK man couldn't walk up a flight of steps without keeling over.But as I said I got better I went back to work..I think it's how it should be.

I agree. I think some people do get better and don't report it and just milk it

Vicious 13
10-21-2012, 01:38 PM
There is long term and short term dissability

Fit Guru
10-21-2012, 05:35 PM
There is long term and short term dissability
Is there? Or just reevaluations?

Vicious 13
10-21-2012, 06:43 PM
When I went on disability they told me
It was only for 3 months to
Let me knee rest I guess if it's not
Better in those three months you can go back for a reevaluation but I know people that are on disability long term and they don't need to go get reevaluated

Fit Guru
10-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Oh ok