PDA

View Full Version : need target ideas...

Bigmike
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Going out this weekend to do a little gun related venting... when shit sucks in life nothing more satisfying then blowing shit up.

So to the point going out this weekend taking the 44, 45, 30-06, 280, a couple shot guns with some homemade shells, a few other home made devices that go bang, and of course the 6lb parrot cannon, and a homemade golf ball cannon modeled after my parrot cannon. So far I got a few monitors to destroy but was looking for some good ideas...

current targets:
Monitors
10 cans of hair spray and a road flare

Love to hear some good ideas for cheap targets or thing you could find easily like dead tvs

layddually
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I like melons lol.

CWB
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
the guy in my area thats licensed to sell full auto stuff also sells an explosive product thats triggered when hit by a round. I've never purchased this product but I definitely will get more information and share it. I've been promising the girlfriend that I would take her out for a day of shooting and I gotta make that happen before it gets any colder. thanks for the reminder brother and sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Bigmike
10-18-2012, 02:17 PM
the guy in my area thats licensed to sell full auto stuff also sells an explosive product thats triggered when hit by a round. I've never purchased this product but I definitely will get more information and share it. I've been promising the girlfriend that I would take her out for a day of shooting and I gotta make that happen before it gets any colder. thanks for the reminder brother and sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Not to promote any kids doing this but yea I've made tannerite before out of cold packs and aluminum dust, sadly I didn't think far enough ahead to order more aluminum dust. So my ghetto version is pop a road flare and shoot hair spray and propane tanks near it.

layddually
10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Cabellas has those targets if you have one close.

Skyling35
10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Advertise on Craigslist that you haul junk cars and drag one out there and blow it to fucking pieces!!!

Might not happen by the weekend but shit if it rolls for 60 bucks or so you can rent a truck if you don't have one and your set.

Bigmike
10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Advertise on Craigslist that you haul junk cars and drag one out there and blow it to fucking pieces!!!

Might not happen by the weekend but shit if it rolls for 60 bucks or so you can rent a truck if you don't have one and your set.

Last time we did a car it was such a huge mess... made pipe bomb out of a 20oz co2 tank and set it off in it. What was left was quickly shredded by 6lb cannon balls. Took hours to clean up.

Skyling35
10-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Last time we did a car it was such a huge mess... made pipe bomb out of a 20oz co2 tank and set it off in it. What was left was quickly shredded by 6lb cannon balls. Took hours to clean up.

Yeah I can see it being a huge ass mess for sure but fun no doubt lol

Sometimes fun is messy

kazman68
10-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah I can see it being a huge ass mess for sure but fun no doubt lol

Sometimes fun is messy

Your a lot more creative than me! LOL ..when I want to practice I go to my local range..but then again I don't have the selection you do, just my Springfield 9mm I used as an armed security guard for a hotel.

Bigmike
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Your a lot more creative than me! LOL ..when I want to practice I go to my local range..but then again I don't have the selection you do, just my Springfield 9mm I used as an armed security guard for a hotel.

Family of red necks man... we even have a few gun smiths so its one hell of a collection. Only shoot what I can afford or feel like hand loading though.

kazman68
10-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Family of red necks man... we even have a few gun smiths so its one hell of a collection. Only shoot what I can afford or feel like hand loading though.

I would like to add a few items myself..love to shoot was taught at an early age by my father (rip) and uncle who was a Vietnam vet, as well as my grandfather..learned to respect a weapon and it isn't a toy, I remember shooting a can of pork and beans on a stick with my dad's .22 when I was around 7, I'm thankful to be educated in this area, not an expert by any means. But have good solid basic knowledge, helped get my ccw, didn't have to go through a basic course first...damn sorry I'm babbling again ignore my old war stories.

SisterSteel
10-18-2012, 10:27 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun.

layddually
10-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I miss my last house yes the haunted one. My neighbor there was LaRue tactical. :)

layddually
10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I am very surprised no one has said puppies and kittens.

Skyling35
10-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I miss my last house yes the haunted one. My neighbor there was LaRue tactical. :)

They make same sick ass rifles my grandfather has one of there 7.62x51 most accurate gun ive ever shot.

layddually
10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
They make same sick ass rifles my grandfather has one of there 7.62x51 most accurate gun ive ever shot.

Yes they do. It was nice being able to walk across the street and pick up the parts I needed. Wife couldn't stand the constant shooting. They have a small range behind there shop. Some days they would have some really wicked full auto stuff.

Bigmike
10-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Decided I'm going to have some kick ass pictures for you guys come Monday. I spent all last night opening up bird shot to make homemade wax slugs from tea candle and homemade fletching rounds from mini brads. So far we are shooting monitors, potatoes, aerosol can With road flames by them, few 1gallon jugs, and a 120cubic foot oxygen tank. And what ever else i can think of between now and sunday.

zedhed
10-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Laughin my ass off. Literally sitting here laughing out loud, sounds like a kick in the ass bro.
Have fun!

kazman68
10-19-2012, 06:28 PM

I'm looking to get a good rifle, may have to look into this one.

Skyling35
10-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm looking to get a good rifle, may have to look into this one.

Larue is top of the line I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the cash laying around. They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

kazman68
10-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Larue is top of the line I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the cash laying around. They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

Any idea on $? I'm also seeing conflicting info rifle if it will fire .308 ammo do you know one way or another, again I'm no expert. Also how much of a difference is there between the 2? .308 vs 7.62x51

Bigmike
10-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Woot woot sold my 38 special taking the cash to the gun show tomorrow to get me an ak-47 for Sundays adventure!

kazman68
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Woot woot sold my 38 special taking the cash to the gun show tomorrow to get me an ak-47 for Sundays adventure!

Hot Damn! What do you expect to pay?

Skyling35
10-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Any idea on $? I'm also seeing conflicting info rifle if it will fire .308 ammo do you know one way or another, again I'm no expert. Also how much of a difference is there between the 2? .308 vs 7.62x51

I feel like be told me he paid somewhere around 3000-3300 for his 7.62x51 obr. I've put both .308 and 7.62x51 surplus ammo. No problems out of it.

I have seen people say differen things in terms of that though.

Skyling35
10-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Nice ak's are fun to shoot.

Bigmike
10-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Where I'm located I can get a damn nice ak-47 for $350-550 pending the manufacture.

layddually
10-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Where I'm located I can get a damn nice ak-47 for $350-550 pending the manufacture.

Same here. But for $600 I can get a cheap delton ar and for what I shoot it's a nice rifle.

kazman68
10-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the info guys. It will be a while but I would like a nice rifle to have on hand.

ordawg1
10-20-2012, 03:00 AM
The political signs next to the road with the TWO STOOGES are also nice to blow the shit out of-OD

kazman68
10-20-2012, 08:16 AM
The political signs next to the road with the TWO STOOGES are also nice to blow the shit out of-OD

Now that's a good idea.

layddually
10-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Wish I wouldn't have dissolved my corporation I could have bought full auto with it. Now I have to get a revocable trust.

zedhed
10-20-2012, 12:21 PM

Dam str8 on this bro!
I like your style DAWG.

zedhed
10-20-2012, 12:25 PM
BigMike, IDK if this will work real well or not but give it a shot and report back plz.
Get a few empty plastic gallon milk jugs. Then put roughly 1-2 tablespoons of gas in each one. Tell me what happens when you shoot (and hit) these.
I am thinking should be a nice little flame cloud out of it.
Oh yeah shake them up real good when you set them up. Wanna get that gas to vaproize as much as easily possible.

Bigmike
10-20-2012, 06:57 PM
BigMike, IDK if this will work real well or not but give it a shot and report back plz.
Get a few empty plastic gallon milk jugs. Then put roughly 1-2 tablespoons of gas in each one. Tell me what happens when you shoot (and hit) these.
I am thinking should be a nice little flame cloud out of it.
Oh yeah shake them up real good when you set them up. Wanna get that gas to vaproize as much as easily possible.

I'm a total Pyro it won't light up w/o a decent flame which is why I pop road flares by my hair spray and propane cans when I shoot the.

Another note I got a life size zombie at the Halloween store to shoot for lolz

Skyling35
10-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm a total Pyro it won't light up w/o a decent flame which is why I pop road flares by my hair spray and propane cans when I shoot the.

Another note I got a life size zombie at the Halloween store to shoot for lolz

Haha it would light if you shot a dragons breath shotgun shell at em.

Bigmike
10-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Haha it would light if you shot a dragons breath shotgun shell at em.

I was going to male a homemade one but I couldn't find packs of Ziploc flint.... and they were $5 a piece at the show.