PDA

View Full Version : Honey !?

Frustratez
10-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Is honey good for post workout? Or anything else? Had a physique competitor tell me to eat boiled eggs and honey after a workout since I'm lactose mass gainer makes me live in the bathroom

kazman68
10-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Is honey good for post workout? Or anything else? Had a physique competitor tell me to eat boiled eggs and honey after a workout since I'm lactose mass gainer makes me live in the bathroom

It was good for right before I stepped on stage to pose, hot coffee or tea with loads of Honey, helped the vascularity pop out.

Ironguruera
10-19-2012, 06:36 PM

Have u tried carnivor by muscle meds? It's steak derived protein. I'm also lactose intolerant. My physique thanks me loads when I switched to carnivor. It's an isolate as well so ideal for post workout. it says it has bcaa in it , but I add more lol.
Sometimes I add carbs post sometimes not.

kazman68
10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Lactose is nasty.....I knew this dumbass who mixed powdered milk/with liquid milk, because he was to cheap to buy protein powder. No one wanted to spot him on squats. Fucking tool.

Ironguruera
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I hear ya kaz. Took me forever to figure it out. While some whey shakes doesn't upset my stomach I got noticeably leaner when I dropped whey. My buddy said whey spikes insulin pretty good unless its a blend with cassein or egg in the blend. He said easy way to check is with a glucose meter.

My other buddy wants to lean up but he drinks tons of milk all day. He said its ok via paleo diet. I'm like yeah if u followed the rest of the fucking diet lol.
he says its easy cheap protein. While it is that and its biological I don't feel it's an ideal diet food. Tons of sugar/carbs in milk. if it was raw milk i would be more on board. Raw milks illegal in NV.

I keep lactaid pills at home and in my work/gym bag for when I want a cheat meal or something worthwhile. If my wife is going to make white chocolate ginger cheesecake....u bet your ass I'm having a slice or 2!

Sorry don't wanna derail thread.

F dairy lol.

fwiw I have 2 jacked Friends. One competes. I asked them both hey do u do protein shakes? They both said no. they just eat a good clean meal after training .....go figure lol. I would consider them both to be in elite mr/mrs physique and bb class physiques for sure.

kazman68
10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Whey hits quick, but if you want to slow it down add some fats, I have a shake before bed with 2 tbs peanut butter, + tastes awesome. I wouldn't recommend milk for anyone trying to lean up.I have a little cheese sometimes and low carb yogurt. I knew a pro who didn't use any supplements at all..nothing not even vitamins every $ went to aas. Personally I want to be big/cut but healthy as well. As far as derailing threads I think I'm the king of that. :)

SisterSteel
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I hear ya kaz. Took me forever to figure it out. While some whey shakes doesn't upset my stomach I got noticeably leaner when I dropped whey. My buddy said whey spikes insulin pretty good unless its a blend with cassein or egg in the blend. He said easy way to check is with a glucose meter.

My other buddy wants to lean up but he drinks tons of milk all day. He said its ok via paleo diet. I'm like yeah if u followed the rest of the fucking diet lol.
he says its easy cheap protein. While it is that and its biological I don't feel it's an ideal diet food. Tons of sugar/carbs in milk. if it was raw milk i would be more on board. Raw milks illegal in NV.

I keep lactaid pills at home and in my work/gym bag for when I want a cheat meal or something worthwhile. If my wife is going to make white chocolate ginger cheesecake....u bet your ass I'm having a slice or 2!

Sorry don't wanna derail thread.

F dairy lol.

fwiw I have 2 jacked Friends. One competes. I asked them both hey do u do protein shakes? They both said no. they just eat a good clean meal after training .....go figure lol. I would consider them both to be in elite mr/mrs physique and bb class physiques for sure.

When I want my skin paper thin I drop all dairy. Whey bloats the shit out of me but I also prefer to stick with just solids.

Frustratez
10-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Have u tried carnivor by muscle meds? It's steak derived protein. I'm also lactose intolerant. My physique thanks me loads when I switched to carnivor. It's an isolate as well so ideal for post workout. it says it has bcaa in it , but I add more lol.
Sometimes I add carbs post sometimes not.
im checking it out now !

Ironguruera
10-20-2012, 01:33 AM
im checking it out now !

Check allstarhealth.com
They have free shipping on it all the time.
I like chocolate as my go to. I also buy a small fruit punch it tastes like hawaiin fruit punch lol. I find it curbs my craving for something sweet after I train.
Heard the cherry vanilla is nasty. The caramel is kinda artificial to me.

Frustratez
10-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Check allstarhealth.com
They have free shipping on it all the time.
I like chocolate as my go to. I also buy a small fruit punch it tastes like hawaiin fruit punch lol. I find it curbs my craving for something sweet after I train.
Heard the cherry vanilla is nasty. The caramel is kinda artificial to me.

Im ordering it now. got the carnivore mass for the carbs makes it easier on me so I dont have to throw some extra shit in for the carbs http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/musclemeds-carnivor_mass.htm

Ironguruera
10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
I've had a sample of the mass. Tasted good and didn't mess with my stomach.

I got a few samples for this rug muncher at my work. She wants to bulk up lol.

I use karbolyn or ripe fruit for carbs post workout.

I think the chocolate one is rich. My buddy didn't care for it for some reason. I told him we are no longer friends and to delete my phone #.

Ironguruera
10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
How are u digging the carnivor?
my only beef lol is they don't list the amount of bcaa in it. It's in the Ingredient list but that's it lol.

Fit Guru
10-27-2012, 02:41 PM
It was good for right before I stepped on stage to pose, hot coffee or tea with loads of Honey, helped the vascularity pop out.

I got sick as a dog backstage after eating honey the first time. They had to vary me to the bathroom to throw up. I could barely stand at prejudging. I was the one to beat but felt like shit. I slept all day and when I woke I looked unreal. Finished 3rd cause I couldn't even flex at prejudging. The place went crazy with Boo's cause I was the clear winner that night. But looked like death that morning when it counted. Every time I see someone drinking honey backstage I cringe.

kazman68
10-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I got sick as a dog backstage after eating honey the first time. They had to vary me to the bathroom to throw up. I could barely stand at prejudging. I was the one to beat but felt like shit. I slept all day and when I woke I looked unreal. Finished 3rd cause I couldn't even flex at prejudging. The place went crazy with Boo's cause I was the clear winner that night. But looked like death that morning when it counted. Every time I see someone drinking honey backstage I cringe.

Man that sucks.... all that work down the toilet (no pun), it is bee puke after all.. :)

Fit Guru
10-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Man that sucks.... all that work down the toilet (no pun), it is bee puke after all.. :)

Lol not that made me laugh!!

kazman68
10-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Lol not that made me laugh!!

Remember when guys would take niacin before going onstage? One guy took to much and turned as red as a cooked lobster, he was itching so bad he couldn't hold still.

Fit Guru
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I used to take 500mg years ago but not the last year I competed. During the show was fine but after PJ sucked til it wore off

Tituse
10-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Honey is great for health so we must add honey in our daily meals.
Honey is great to reduce and maintain body weight, heal wounds and cure arthritis. Honey prevents from mouth disease, hair loss and used for the treatment of ulcer.

baby1
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
A good article on honey post workout

http://www.musclecoalition.com/showthread.php?3680-What-Are-the-Benefits-of-Eating-Honey-After-Exercise&p=62167#post62167