PDA

View Full Version : Gun or gear?

Ironguruera
10-24-2012, 09:58 PM
going to look at a sig p220 .45 cal in a minute here. A customers father passed and he is selling it. he said its nib. It's just the blue version nothing fancy. I'll check it out and see if its a German or USA variant.

If I get the gun might not have enough or my other half of my gear lol.

Been itching for a .45 for ages. After all Mayan apocalypse is in December lol.

I might have enough for the gear as well depends on how the next few months are at work.

Skyling35
10-24-2012, 10:11 PM
That may very possibly be the most difficult question ever.

I could never choose.

Nelson303
10-24-2012, 10:13 PM
I choose gear. Well I did anyway. Got stocked for the end. Just in case shit hits the fan. Got enough guns. Stocking up on shells and test. Besides I'm a shotgun guy. Cheaper shot per injury ratio.

Ironguruera
10-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Fuck any sig guys in here??

Ok the blue p220 is in fact 100% German. Frame, barrel, slide all German with matching serial #'s. I field stripped it and man its excellent inside.
However the blue is not 100%. It was in a holster and has surface blueing worn off on slide, de-cocker etc.

He wants $600 for it. Comes with leather nice holster and few hundred rounds of ammo.

He also has a USA p220 stainless steel frame/slide with crimson trace laser grips. $650 but I'm sure he will take $600

I know the German one is worth more. plus it's just another blue gun in the safe. Wife will never notice lol. The stainless is heavy sob and as clueless as she is she might notice.

It was like a toy store. He had like 10 guns for sale all very nice lol!

Never enough time, money, gun, juice lol!

Thoughts?

mj_0360
10-24-2012, 11:58 PM
I say gear.

Ironguruera
10-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Lol mj. You gear whore.

mj_0360
10-25-2012, 01:19 AM
well, you will actually put the gear to good use.

Ironguruera
10-25-2012, 01:23 AM
I'll double check with my car tuner. He also has ffl and sells guns at the repair shop lol! My kinda place....Cars & guns.

I'll run it by him with the details and probably pick it up tomorrow after the gym.

.45 acp.....my precious!

Gear is always around. All German sigs are pricey when u can find them!

Vicious 13
10-25-2012, 06:44 AM
I've never been a big gun guy I feel like u never get your money's worth I like shotguns cause u can get them cheap and go out and shoot clay is go w juice any day guns will always b around but your favorite source may not I like to have a nice stock pile I'm still holding onto some stuff from everyone's favorite uncle

kazman68
10-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I love Sig, damn good guns , I always wanted to try a .357 Sig semi-auto, local gun shop has one but it's out of my range now, maybe in a few months, I wouldn't want to have to make a choice between the 2.

Nelson303
10-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Benelli. S4. 12gauge. 8 round mag. Best home protection and cheap to piss off the neighbor.

kazman68
10-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Benelli. S4. 12gauge. 8 round mag. Best home protection and cheap to piss off the neighbor.

Nelson your a shotgun man, what's your opinion on semi-auto shot guns? Don't have much experience with them except shooting my grandfather's old pump action.

Nelson303
10-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Will catch a lot of flack for this but. Semi only. Benelli has the best firing and recoil recovery. For faster shots. It will shot all 8 shots before the first shell hits the ground. After tons of field research and military. And gunsmiths. Semi. Is the only option. And 2nd is winchesters 1187. Think is model number. Not sure. But totally different gun. But I would Rep for Benelli.

kazman68
10-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Will catch a lot of flack for this but. Semi only. Benelli has the best firing and recoil recovery. For faster shots. It will shot all 8 shots before the first shell hits the ground. After tons of field research and military. And gunsmiths. Semi. Is the only option. And 2nd is winchesters 1187. Think is model number. Not sure. But totally different gun. But I would Rep for Benelli.

Thanks for the information, that was the route I was thinking but wanted to get more a more experienced opinion..thanks again Nelson.

Ironguruera
10-25-2012, 11:50 PM
I love Sig, damn good guns , I always wanted to try a .357 Sig semi-auto, local gun shop has one but it's out of my range now, maybe in a few months, I wouldn't want to have to make a choice between the 2.

I've shot one. Very nice! The recoil an feel felt like a .40cal but easier to control for some reason. .357 sig is an amazing round. Just pricey and hard to find sometimes.

Ironguruera
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM

I got it guys! $560! Gave me the holster, 2 sig mags, all factory shit, 3 boxes hollow points.
Wish the range was open at night lol!
I'm going to own those steelie pop ups at 20 yards this weekend. Can't wait!

kazman68
10-26-2012, 12:48 AM
I've shot one. Very nice! The recoil an feel felt like a .40cal but easier to control for some reason. .357 sig is an amazing round. Just pricey and hard to find sometimes.

The .357 sig has a .40 casing doesn't it? Man you make me want one even worse..

Ironguruera
10-26-2012, 01:09 AM
The .357 sig has a .40 casing doesn't it? Man you make me want one even worse..

Hmm I'm not certain on the .40 cal casing its necked down that's for certain I have a caliber book someplace lol.

The ballistics on the .357 sig are very hard to beat....in a auto loading handgun anyways.

I've also shot .50 desert eagle and .500 magnum. The magnum was insane lol.

U should also look into a FN herstal 5.7. That's one bad ass round and gun! Very nice gun, not cheap....but awesome stuff never is.

I wanted a p226 in .357 sig for ages. I opted for a .40 cal instead. if u are going to go oddball calipers.....hard to beat a 10mm!

Fit Guru
10-26-2012, 11:07 AM
My Dad died and left me several guns. I sold my favorite 357 but still have a nice one left. There all for sale tho479480481482
Stern Ruger 357
Frontier 22
Smith and Wesson .38
Lawman MKIII .357

Vicious 13
10-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Excuse me ignorance I'm not really a gun guy but What would b a nice inexpensive pistol for me to buy I've always just had shotguns

MULCH63
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Excuse me ignorance I'm not really a gun guy but What would b a nice inexpensive pistol for me to buy I've always just had shotguns

Well not a Sig.... they are a little pricey but worth it. Are you looking to carry and conceal

MULCH63
10-26-2012, 02:05 PM

I got it guys! $560! Gave me the holster, 2 sig mags, all factory shit, 3 boxes hollow points.
Wish the range was open at night lol!
I'm going to own those steelie pop ups at 20 yards this weekend. Can't wait!

Very nice. I'm look'n for a P938...wifey is carrying the 238.....I carry the baby Glock (26) but a little bit of a PITA.....

Vicious 13
10-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Not looking to carry or conceal that's my mom... Just looking for something fun to mess w and teach my wife to shoot just I. Case

Ironguruera
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Not looking to carry or conceal that's my mom... Just looking for something fun to mess w and teach my wife to shoot just I. Case

For a awesome plinker get a .22. A browning buck mark or a ruger.

I always break gun newbies in with my browning buck mark before I let em handle anything bigger.

If u want a great all around caliber for fun get a 9mm. My wife got a hard on for shooting when I let her handle the 9mm for the first time. She can handle it but kicks way more then a .22. She loves it.

A good reliable gun. Get a glock or a s and w. m and p are nice. Springfield xd is also very nice and lots of safety features.

For safety if get the xd. I like the glocks trigger far better then the xd. The glock is all business you are the safety basically lol.

kazman68
10-26-2012, 06:22 PM

Kind of depends what you want revolver?/semi auto? A certain caliber, my Springfield Sub Compact XD 9, 9mm was hard to pass up, looks like a Glock but has a pin at the end so if you have it holstered all you have to do is look or feel the pin to know it's out (and gtg) Also a grip safety. I carried this as my sidearm doing armed security, light and easy to conceal, I picked it, a pancake holster, and a box of Gold Dot Hollow points for almost $600 even, two clips 16 round and a 10 round. Case and accessory's

you will get a lot of different opinions as everyone has there favorites.My G/f has a very easy time handling this as well, which I;m happy to know. Just my 02c on a good weapon.

http://averageguyreviews.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/springfield-xd9-subcompact-full-review/

Ironguruera
10-26-2012, 08:34 PM
See u can't go wrong with an xd! I also have a sub compact kaz. In .40 cal with a trigger job.

Prob one of my only guns I've never had a malfunction in is the xd. Take down and cleaning it is also a breeze!

Vicious 13
10-26-2012, 11:24 PM
That looks pretty sweet and for under 5 I can work w that...maybe I'll go into turners tomorrow and take a look it's just hard cause I really know nothing about guns and I feel I'm being taken advantage of

kazman68
10-26-2012, 11:55 PM
That looks pretty sweet and for under 5 I can work w that...maybe I'll go into turners tomorrow and take a look it's just hard cause I really know nothing about guns and I feel I'm being taken advantage of

Any questions you have you know will be answered by someone here..if you want to educate yourself a little first..up to you, I hate shopping for something I know nothing about, like you said how do you know if your getting screwed?

Vicious 13
10-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Exactly I always like to have a little knowledge lot of people will buy any bs someone says

chrisotpherm
10-27-2012, 07:48 AM
I have a KAHR CW .45cal and Absolutely love it.

Vicious 13
10-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Alright u guys done did it now I
Off to turners to take a look I'll find a couple I like in my price range write them down and then come see what you guys can tell me because of course the salesmen is going to say they ate all the perfect gun for me

Ironguruera
10-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Cool man. Happy to help. I went retarded researching guns my 1st time lol.

Yeah check out M and P smith and Wesson

Glock

Xd

All fantastic guns for the money.

The XD is a winner IMHO all around. The several safeties and great for a women or new gun owner. They like to easily see its loaded and u must have a firm grip on the handle or the grip safety won't let the gun fire it slide rack back.

Vicious 13
10-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Ok check it out I went and saw the xd I like the stainless steel and black w the 4 inch barrel I did like the sub compact too but the bigger one turned me on...the wanted like 6 something for it but I was advised thu should go for between 3 and 5 and not to pay 5.... That was at turners at ammo bros they are having glocktoberfest but there were a lot and like a said I'm a noob and the more they talked the more indecisive I was so c'mon guys what's my next move ps trying to get one quick since I have to wait 10 days and I'm going out to the desert nov 8 weekend

Ironguruera
10-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Ok check it out I went and saw the xd I like the stainless steel and black w the 4 inch barrel I did like the sub compact too but the bigger one turned me on...the wanted like 6 something for it but I was advised thu should go for between 3 and 5 and not to pay 5.... That was at turners at ammo bros they are having glocktoberfest but there were a lot and like a said I'm a noob and the more they talked the more indecisive I was so c'mon guys what's my next move ps trying to get one quick since I have to wait 10 days and I'm going out to the desert nov 8 weekend

Www.budsgunshop.com

There site is a little lame as far as they don't group things well but have a look.

The way they work is u buy the gun online and they ship it to a local gun store near u. When it arrives at that store the store will register the gun before u get it.

It's called an FFL transfer. Buds will have a list of approved gun stores near you but I would call and verify that they do it .....and what they charge for the ffl transfer. Usually $25 to transfer and $25 to register gun and get blue card.

I've bought 2 guns from buds. Great place!

$300-$500? U won't find and xd for $300 unless used and at that price I'd be Leary unless I field stripped it. If they won't let ya strip it tell then to stick it in their ass. New my xd sub compact was $470 blued with the "kit" which is a holster, easy mag loader, mag holster, and 2 magazines the extended grip and small one.

Also be aware there is a few XD models now. The original is the XD. They now have an XD M, and an xd S.

The original XD is still great and will be much cheaper. The M has a better trigger, match grade barrel, different grip. I shot the M a good amount and was not overly impressed for the price. Felt a glock was still a better shooter.

SisterSteel
10-28-2012, 05:55 PM
If I had a gun I may start shooting random people who get on my nerves so I say gear.

Vicious 13
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
The xd there is like 6 something as well for the stainless steel black one like turners said they go on sale on a few weeks though... What about a 9mm flock any favorites for a good price I'm not usually cheap bit this is my first pistol

kazman68
10-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Like Iron said the XD is a wonderful weapon..I have never heard a bad thing about it..$500 is about what I paid for mine.

Ironguruera
10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Can't go wrong with a glock. I like the trigger on them.

The only word of caution is if the gun has a round chambered......there is no safety on the glock. The trigger is the safety lol. my smith m and P are also like this. honestly nothing flawed with this at all after all cops and LE carry glocks all the time. IMHO the sooner one learns to never pull the trigger or gun goes bang every time the better.

That's why for a newbie or my concealed carry piece ...I wanted a little more safeties on it so I could carry hot and ready to rock. So the XD was a better fit. Grip safety, 2 loaded round indicators. Makes it simple to be safe!

Can't go wrong with either and u might consider a older glock gen 3 or a used gun and save some cash. Just ask what the return policy is on a used gun if its broken.

layddually
10-31-2012, 07:44 AM
I need more ammo it's almost dec 2012. Also need more test incase I cant get any more. Only have a few thousand rounds of ammo:(
I also have an s&w mp 5.56, glock 9mm, mossburg 12ga, Remington 30-06, walther .45, and a couple bullshit 380's.

Ironguruera
10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
I need more ammo it's almost dec 2012. Also need more test incase I cant get any more. Only have a few thousand rounds of ammo:(
I also have an s&w mp 5.56, glock 9mm, mossburg 12ga, Remington 30-06, walther .45, and a couple bullshit 380's.

Agreed. I'd love an ar-15, big ass rifle lol, some shotguns.

U can never have too much guns or ammo lol.

kazman68
10-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed. I'd love an ar-15, big ass rifle lol, some shotguns.

U can never have too much guns or ammo lol.

Agreed!

c/s
11-06-2012, 06:00 AM
man i wish i had the money. would love to get a 45..and ar-15..sumtimes i go out to the fields and shoot rabbits and doves and pretty much anythin i see movie or flyin

mryar
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM

Agree 100%. I have a Benelli M4 and it is as good as it gets for shotguns.

Also AR15's are nice. rainier arms has the VLTOR VIS upper receiver on sale. I have one on one of my AR builds, and its the best of the best. Always build your own AR15, you get much better components. I like noveske barrels, VLTOR uppers, magpul stocks and magazines, and YHM handguards, gas blocks and back up iron sights.

teddybear
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Right now do to current events (ie. new gun laws flyn everywhere) I would say get the gun/guns while you can. Its turning into the USSA around here shesh.

Ironguruera
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Right now do to current events (ie. new gun laws flyn everywhere) I would say get the gun/guns while you can. Its turning into the USSA around here shesh.

I got it. Don't care for the grip thickness. Going to sell it shortly.

zedhed
01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Funny I had the same dilemma not too long back.
I went with the gun, did an AR-15 build with 2500 rounds of ammo.
Glad I did, oh and a bunch of high capacity mags too!
I consider it an investment in my family.

kazman68
01-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Very true!

Ironguruera
01-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Guy at work is buying my XD. If the day pans out as I plan.....I'll sell him that, and buy the glock .45 all in the same day. I've wanted the glock g21 for ages just kept buying other guns lol.

Then just gotta sell the sig p220, and maybe look for a Walther PPS

Vicious 13
01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
How much for your xd

Ironguruera
01-27-2013, 01:27 PM
How much for your xd

Well I had $200 worth of custom trigger work done to it by springer precision. I also included a crossbread super tuck concealment holster for it which costs about $90.

I'm selling him the whole setup for $550 I felt that's fair maybe its worth a tad more. I never shoot it and don't wanna be married to it I wanted to sell it lol.

I can pick up a gen 3 glock g 21 locally for $550. If they still have any. If not I will cry like a 3 yr old and throw myself on the floor of the gun shop and have a tantrum lol.

The sig p220 (.45acp) its all German made I'd like $700 for it shipped

teddybear
01-27-2013, 10:15 PM

I got the same set myself

zedhed
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
LOL good for you bro.
Now trying to decide weather to buy a hand gun or get a pistol caliber upper for the 15....tuff decisions, and then 9mm or 45. ACP.
I know the 45 has the power but there are a lot more 9s around if ammo were to become scarce and its cheaper to shoot too.
Hmmmm...

teddybear
01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Get the hand gun because if things start getting banned then you will still be able to get parts for this and that.IMO

Ironguruera
01-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Get them all zed lol. I have a sweet .22 for cheap range shooting. A few 9mm as u said cheaper ammo and easier to find.
.45 acp is awesome and honestly a touch more then .40cal but barely. I find .45 easier to control. .40 is a snappy bastard.

I got lucky today. Guy at work bought my XD. The gun shop by my house is closed Monday.....NOOOO lol. I found another shop nearby and he was $25 cheaper! He was actually closed but ups was delivering. He was like we are closed. I said that's nice.....I have cash in my hand u wanna sell me a glock g21??? He said ok come in lol.

Like teddy said. High capacity anything is going to impossible to find if they do ban.

zedhed
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
HA! good story Iron.
The one thing I hate about gun stores is the peeps in there just shooting the shit. Then when you go in an wanna do business its like not only does the whole dam town know your business but it takes forever. Small family owned gun shops...not Cabelas etc.

BigBones
02-09-2013, 07:31 PM
going to look at a sig p220 .45 cal in a minute here. A customers father passed and he is selling it. he said its nib. It's just the blue version nothing fancy. I'll check it out and see if its a German or USA variant.

If I get the gun might not have enough or my other half of my gear lol.

Been itching for a .45 for ages. After all Mayan apocalypse is in December lol.

I might have enough for the gear as well depends on how the next few months are at work.

Get the gun! There is nothin like blowing off steam at the range. It's even better when you got your girl to shoot. Kinda makes me want to jump her bones now that I think of it. :)

ceo
02-09-2013, 07:42 PM
you can always get gear. Guns may not be so easy to get in the near future though! LOL!

Ironguruera
02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
I got a kel tec for ccw and a glock g21.

Looking to sell the sig p220

zedhed
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
America is running dam scared!
It is virtually impossible to find 5.56 ammo among others....gee I wonder why?
yeah right!

Ironguruera
02-14-2013, 09:21 PM
America is running dam scared!
It is virtually impossible to find 5.56 ammo among others....gee I wonder why?
yeah right!

Lol I hear ya! same shit happened hen Obama got elected. Ppl ran scared.

My buddy is going to the gun show this weekend. I told him let me know if there is any ammo. He said there is supposed to be an epic amount of ammo available.

teddybear
02-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Epic amount of ammo, and probley epic prices to.Those politions you try to outlaw guns/ammo have increased there sales big time.Opposite affect ???

Ironguruera
02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
I know that's the funny thing. Ppl at work that had no guns where like OMG are u buying an ar15 yet?!?! I think I am!

I said no wtf is the big deal about assault rifles?? U burn up ammo stupid fast. I'm not rich lol. $200 in ammo is nothing for an ar.

All of the sudden everyone has to buy it while they can lol.

I'm more of a pistol guy. don't get me wrong I've shot some sick ar and ak guns over the years. Awesome guns. Just not of my interest.

This shit annoys me with no ammo being available! Hope its over soon.

My buddy is going to call me with the ammo prices.
I bet its stupid high....and that they sell out early!!

slinsane
03-01-2013, 12:03 AM
look at a silde fire on you tube, a legal addon for saiga, ak, or ar that approaches 900 rounds a minute, not quite as fast as fully auto but dam close, legal and no special license required, they created this for handicapped ppl

My dick in a box
03-06-2013, 10:36 PM
This is where I'm at now. I've been saving up on the side but not quite sure on what to buy first, start my gear collection for my upcoming cycle or my first 1911.

AgentYes
03-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Gun. Semi auto while you can.

Ironguruera
03-07-2013, 01:31 PM
This is where I'm at now. I've been saving up on the side but not quite sure on what to buy first, start my gear collection for my upcoming cycle or my first 1911.

Gear will always be around.
Get the gun. u can give it to your grandson someday if u take care of it.

What 1911 are u looking at? I'd suggest a colt or a higher end Springfield armory trophy match. don't go cheap on a 1911 they are finicky guns.

Ironguruera
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Gun. Semi auto while you can.

Not my bag. Rather get a pistol,Shotgun,rifle. semi auto are fun but just pound through ammo aka money! I could care less if they ban them. Except if they ban one gun.....what's next?!

My dick in a box
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Gear will always be around.
Get the gun. u can give it to your grandson someday if u take care of it.

What 1911 are u looking at? I'd suggest a colt or a higher end Springfield armory trophy match. don't go cheap on a 1911 they are finicky guns.

Good point.

I was looking at the Springfield Armory RO or a Ruger 1911.

Leaning towards the RO, I've seen some reviews where they shake the Ruger and you can hear things jingling around inside while the RO is tighter all around and supposedly made for competition right out of the box...not that I'm looking to compete or anything.

I really wanted a AR or AK but it's all just priced waaaay too high, not to mention ammo and even mags are hard to find. I'm hoping any ban gets thrown out the window and the prices come down as well as availability coming back.

For now it'll just be the 1911 and perhaps a Remington 870.

AgentYes
03-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Not my bag. Rather get a pistol,Shotgun,rifle. semi auto are fun but just pound through ammo aka money! I could care less if they ban them. Except if they ban one gun.....what's next?!

They probably will start with high capacity magazines not new in my state. I still say get your AK15 now. Do you want to not have one?

And a glock ;)

My dick in a box
03-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Pass on the glock, never been a glock fan, nothing against em, I'd own em if I didn't have to buy it lol.

Ironguruera
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Good point.

I was looking at the Springfield Armory RO or a Ruger 1911.

Leaning towards the RO, I've seen some reviews where they shake the Ruger and you can hear things jingling around inside while the RO is tighter all around and supposedly made for competition right out of the box...not that I'm looking to compete or anything.

I really wanted a AR or AK but it's all just priced waaaay too high, not to mention ammo and even mags are hard to find. I'm hoping any ban gets thrown out the window and the prices come down as well as availability coming back.

For now it'll just be the 1911 and perhaps a Remington 870.

I wouldn't even consider the ruger 1911. Save up and get a higher end 1911 or expect to have some issues. I'm not familiar with the Springfield RO. I shot a trophy match and it was nice. At $1000 it damn well better be lol.

What don't u like about the glock? Don't like the polymer feel?

I didn't care for the glocks when I was a newby. I've come full circle. They aren't the end all be all, but fine firearms.

I can shoot dust off a nats back with my G21 glock .45 acp lol. the g21 has a very large grip that fits my big hands far better then a 1911's single stack grip.
How a gun fits your personal hand is key!

My dick in a box
03-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't even consider the ruger 1911. Save up and get a higher end 1911 or expect to have some issues. I'm not familiar with the Springfield RO. I shot a trophy match and it was nice. At $1000 it damn well better be lol.

What don't u like about the glock? Don't like the polymer feel?

I didn't care for the glocks when I was a newby. I've come full circle. They aren't the end all be all, but fine firearms.

I can shoot dust off a nats back with my G21 glock .45 acp lol. the g21 has a very large grip that fits my big hands far better then a 1911's single stack grip.
How a gun fits your personal hand is key!

The RO is made with all the same specs as the Trophy Match but they cut back on all the bells and whistle like grip area. I just can't for the life of me remember what it's call but yea it's all the same process as the TM just that they cut back to make it affordable.

I don't like the block life feel, and even how it looks. I'm not against owning one I just don't see myself buying one unless it was really cheap.

Maybe after this I'll start reloading too since the prices are shooting even higher than they already were.

Ironguruera
03-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Ammo prices will come down and availability will come back. This same bullshit happened when Obama was 1st elected and ppl ran scared buying up everything in sight.

I won't lie the glock isn't a great looking gun. My m and p smiths are far nicer looking guns.

Gun grips are subjective to the person. What fits your hand might not for mine or vice versa.

Get what u like buddy. A nice 1911 is hard to beat!

My dick in a box
03-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Ammo prices will come down and availability will come back. This same bullshit happened when Obama was 1st elected and ppl ran scared buying up everything in sight.

I won't lie the glock isn't a great looking gun. My m and p smiths are far nicer looking guns.

Gun grips are subjective to the person. What fits your hand might not for mine or vice versa.

Get what u like buddy. A nice 1911 is hard to beat!

Thank you! Yes, SW MP's are nice. I want a MP40 so I can swap for a barrels if I want and they feel AWESOME in my hands.

That's comforting. I'm tired of everyone talking about it like it's the end of the world. I'm looking forward for all that to come back, buying my 1911 and my gear!

Ironguruera
03-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I have a regular m and p and a pro line m and p. The pro line has a factory worked over trigger, great sights and 1" longer barrel. It's def nicer then a standard m and p. my regular m and p I had burwell gunsmithing do his trigger magic on. It's epic now. I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it.......she was like wow look how great I shoot this gun!! I was like hun that gun has trigger work done to it I would hope it shoots better lol! I let her keep it and got the pro line for myself and sold the sig sauer I had given her.

Layddually2
03-15-2013, 08:21 AM
:-( needed money to help grow business so I sold my ar and 1000 rnds 5.55 for $2200 but I only paid $700 formy ar. Now i have three stripped lowers and working on getting three complete uppers 5.56,7.62,6.8. And also trying to spring fora vulcan arms .50bmg $1900 is a bad price.

Ironguruera
03-15-2013, 08:37 PM
That 6.8 is a bad mother!!

Sold my sig p220 hooray!!

My dick in a box
03-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Just found out that the LGS raised the price of the 1911 I wanted by about $120 :mad:

The one I was looking at was sold and the new price is with the difference the LGS had to pay to replace it. Thanks Obama

Ironguruera
03-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Just found out that the LGS raised the price of the 1911 I wanted by about $120 :mad:

The one I was looking at was sold and the new price is with the difference the LGS had to pay to replace it. Thanks Obama

Prices on all guns and ammo is at all time highs right now. It's a combo of profiteering and supply and demand. Ppl are paying any price to get things which just keeps raising prices.

A gun shop by me wanted $24 for 1 box of 50 rounds of 9mm. I wanted to shoot them with my .45 lol. I was like really? I'll pass. That's obscene! It was $10-$15 a box months ago. I don't need it.....I want it. Big difference!!

My dick in a box
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Prices on all guns and ammo is at all time highs right now. It's a combo of profiteering and supply and demand. Ppl are paying any price to get things which just keeps raising prices.

A gun shop by me wanted $24 for 1 box of 50 rounds of 9mm. I wanted to shoot them with my .45 lol. I was like really? I'll pass. That's obscene! It was $10-$15 a box months ago. I don't need it.....I want it. Big difference!!

It's sad to see! I saw 500rd .22lr for $50-$70! Used to be $20 and we used to get 9mm for $13-$16 too but now $22-$30 depending on which LGS.

I almost bought a New Frontier AR15 for $1000 yesterday. This was at a gun show/market. I was just looking for a 1911 that I liked or a nice shotgun. Saw that AR at about 3/4's of the way and decided that if I don't find what I came for I'll buy that AR. I didn't find anything good so I went back and low and behold a dude drop his hand on it and said he'd take it. Offered $900 and started writing a check.

I was so stunned at my potential loss that I froze up and didn't bother to offer more in cash.

Ended up drowning my sorrow in the 1911 that I wanted lol. I drove over to the LGS and checked the price again but with cash and it came out to like $929, total just over $950. No pics yet, gotta wait 2 weeks :mad:

Ironguruera
03-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Ouch on the 2 weeks. I've bought most of my guns same day. Often on my lunch break from work lol.

Yeah with guns I've learned here today gone tomorrow. If u want it and can afford it....don't hesitate.

I feel u made a better choice with the 1911 over the ar anyways.
.223 ar ammo is the hardest to get right now. if there is a war again .223 ammo becomes hard to find as well.

My dick in a box
03-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Ouch on the 2 weeks. I've bought most of my guns same day. Often on my lunch break from work lol.

Yeah with guns I've learned here today gone tomorrow. If u want it and can afford it....don't hesitate.

I feel u made a better choice with the 1911 over the ar anyways.
.223 ar ammo is the hardest to get right now. if there is a war again .223 ammo becomes hard to find as well.

Yep, our laws here suck on that but in a way it's good because it helps(I hope) some ways but for it's better than not being able to own period. I just wish we had CCW permits that were actually given out.

I think you're right, I probably would be spending a lot more money trying to use that AR had I bought it and getting a bench to shoot at the rifle side of the range would be a huge hassle that includes showing up; up to 5hrs before range opens and still be on the waiting list for a bench after the range opens.

My dick in a box
03-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Just watched some Todd Jarrett vids on youtube. Jeeeeezus his recoil control makes it look like he's shooting a damn bb gun!

Ironguruera
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Just watched some Todd Jarrett vids on youtube. Jeeeeezus his recoil control makes it look like he's shooting a damn bb gun!

I'll check that vid out.

Also check out Jerry meculik do his revolver shooting with reload

Layddually2
03-17-2013, 06:39 PM
.223 price is one reason I'm building a 7.62x39 AR. Shop I buy my parts from has 500 rnd boxes of 5.56 for $499 lol um no thanks. I would rather pay the $50 a box for .50bmg even though I don't have one yet.

My dick in a box
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
I'll check that vid out.

Also check out Jerry meculik do his revolver shooting with reload
Daaaaaaaamn he hit the world record with that lightening speed reloading! He probably didn't even have enough time to get burned from the revolver lol.

.223 price is one reason I'm building a 7.62x39 AR. Shop I buy my parts from has 500 rnd boxes of 5.56 for $499 lol um no thanks. I would rather pay the $50 a box for .50bmg even though I don't have one yet.

Good idea, I might have to look into building an AK next.
But .50 BMG is :o:o
http://holidaygifgiver.com/media/images/gifs/262/262_original.gif

Ironguruera
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Lol Jerry is no joke!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I 1st saw that video!

He does use what's called a moon clip. Which holds all the bullets in place to be inserted into the cylinder all at once......but still holy reload batman!!

zedhed
03-19-2013, 10:49 PM
^^^Dam I could watch this all day long^^^
IF you look close you get some boob action there. I like it!

zedhed
03-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Wife and I got some very good news on her cancer, so I bought a 375 H&H mag. Now I have to figure out what the hell to do with it. But its cool anyhow!:cool:

My dick in a box
03-20-2013, 03:15 AM
^^^Dam I could watch this all day long^^^
IF you look close you get some boob action there. I like it!

YES! I want to know who this girl is and if she has vid of her doing this but with less clothes on!

Wife and I got some very good news on her cancer, so I bought a 375 H&H mag. Now I have to figure out what the hell to do with it. But its cool anyhow!:cool:

I'm sorry to hear your wife has cancer but very happy that you both have good news about! My mother had cancer but she's alright now and has made a full recovery. Congrats on the new rifle(I think it's a rifle), go shoot it!

zedhed
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks bro.
Yeah less cloths on fosho! And diff views too!

zedhed
03-20-2013, 02:21 PM
YES! I want to know who this girl is and if she has vid of her doing this but with less clothes on!

I'm sorry to hear your wife has cancer but very happy that you both have good news about! My mother had cancer but she's alright now and has made a full recovery. Congrats on the new rifle(I think it's a rifle), go shoot it!

Yep bro its a rifle. A few things I need get done to it before I shoot it tho. Scope should be here very soon. Glass bedding and get some ammo.
375 H&H caliber is maybe just a tad much for most north american game with the exception of large griz and brown bears. But what the hell, always wanted one and now I have it. Maybe use it on ferrel hogs down state. Good all around bullet weight is 270 grn spitzer.

zedhed
03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Funny!
http://www.crazyshit.com/cnt/medias/30257-naked-babes-shooting-guns

My dick in a box
03-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Funny!
http://www.crazyshit.com/cnt/medias/30257-naked-babes-shooting-guns

They need to do that over. MOAR girls and less of the soda splashing.

Now I can't decide on to start saving up to start buying my gear or small time reloading setup. I'm planning to jump on cycle mid-late May or early June.

I gotta stay on track and get my gear :o

Alton
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Well I am also a fan of guns.. currently I have glock 19... but wanna buy new gun, one of my favorite guns. yes I am talking about Desert Eagle .50, I love that gun because of his beauty and permanence.. Here I got of that gun for those who are not introduced with that.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/24/e507c214aa3e4ea6a195203ad66564ec/l.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FKyi275z_dE/UAvnlEFkW9I/AAAAAAAAFT0/-vekH9j2XMM/s1600/IMI-Desert-Eagle-50AE.jpg

My dick in a box
04-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Nice!

I got my 1911 and my test should be in my hands soon. :cool:

Ironguruera
04-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Well I am also a fan of guns.. currently I have glock 19... but wanna buy new gun, one of my favorite guns. yes I am talking about Desert Eagle .50, I love that gun because of his beauty and permanence.. Here I got of that gun for those who are not introduced with that.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/24/e507c214aa3e4ea6a195203ad66564ec/l.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FKyi275z_dE/UAvnlEFkW9I/AAAAAAAAFT0/-vekH9j2XMM/s1600/IMI-Desert-Eagle-50AE.jpg

Do some research about the .50 DE before u get one. I know the .44magnum variant had FTE issues. Had a friend with one and even after a few trips to DE they couldn't fix it....

I've shot the .50 DE cool novelty or Alaska carry gun for bear etc.....to expensive to shoot and far to powerful for daily carry or home protection. U will kill 15 neighbors with a .50 round lol.

I've also shot a .500 magnum. Now there's a cannon for ya! makes the .50 look tame.

zedhed
04-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I am now that happy owner of an H&H 375 magnum (Zastova rifle). Maybe gonna hunt wild pigs with it...

babablacksheep
04-12-2013, 03:34 PM
BOar hunting is a blast....they're some big mean animals

zedhed
04-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah I think Im looking forward to getting into it. Have to find a farmer that is having trouble with them downstate.

mondtster
04-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Two New toys I want are the S&W trrs8 357mag and the Coonan 357mag...shoots same ammo so ill buy in bulk

My dick in a box
05-03-2013, 02:55 AM
just bought a handgun reloading book. any of you reload your own ammo?

Ironguruera
05-03-2013, 10:22 AM
just bought a handgun reloading book. any of you reload your own ammo?

not yet. U can't get primers or lead right now either. The calm after the storm is coming. Now that I have a .45acp I'll prob look into it more.
Can't wait for ammo to be regular not ass rape pricing again!

My dick in a box
05-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Yea I can't wait for everyone to stop with the ass raping ammo prices too. Reloading looks fun and theraputic.

There's primers here but I didn't see bullets.

Willis
04-25-2016, 03:43 AM
Bringing this thread back to life...Anyone got anything new or building?

NTL
04-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Just picked up the ruger lc9s and 380lcp. Also put crimson laser on both.

Ironguruera
04-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Just picked up the ruger lc9s and 380lcp. Also put crimson laser on both.

I love my ruger lc9s pro. They really sweetened up the trigger on these new S models

Ironguruera
04-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Bringing this thread back to life...Anyone got anything new or building?

Grand power x caliber!
One bad ass gun!
Barrel spins vs browning tilt up for coil reduction.
Under 3lb single action trigger. Stock!

The new bersa pro xt thunder, arsenal strike one , and canik tpx (I think that's model) and this grand power x caliber are the hot new competition guns out.

Ironguruera
04-25-2016, 12:46 PM

Here is that new bersa pro xt Thunder on left with grand power x on the right. The bersa has a better trigger then grand power but both are under 3 lb in single action. The bersa comes with 5 mags! Ready to run and gun 😎

The bersa is my buddies. He has about every gun out lol.

Willis
04-27-2016, 11:47 PM
^^Those look sweet, I havent ran any of those 2 in the pic.

I just finished up another AR to add to the work line. Basically all BCM parts...14.5" Enhanced LW Fluted Barrel in 5.56, KMR Alpha 15" Hand guard, Raptor Ambi Charging Handle, geissele SD-C trigger group, and a few other things..

Building a F1 Lightweight build for a buddy of mine. It will be a pretty AR, not for field use..

Too bad none of you guys live in the same town, some of my guys flew so we could all train together. All retired Team guys. Tomorrow we have the whole range to ourselves. Next week as well but we are putting on a class..

Ill throw in a pic of one of my Glock 17s I'm working on. None of the mods will negatively affect reliability on the gun. Still not done, need to send it out for some slide work and a RMR, then coating. Wont stay pretty long. haha.

Ironguruera
04-28-2016, 12:41 AM
^^Those look sweet, I havent ran any of those 2 in the pic.

I just finished up another AR to add to the work line. Basically all BCM parts...14.5" Enhanced LW Fluted Barrel in 5.56, KMR Alpha 15" Hand guard, Raptor Ambi Charging Handle, geissele SD-C trigger group, and a few other things..

Building a F1 Lightweight build for a buddy of mine. It will be a pretty AR, not for field use..

Too bad none of you guys live in the same town, some of my guys flew so we could all train together. All retired Team guys. Tomorrow we have the whole range to ourselves. Next week as well but we are putting on a class..

Ill throw in a pic of one of my Glock 17s I'm working on. None of the mods will negatively affect reliability on the gun. Still not done, need to send it out for some slide work and a RMR, then coating. Wont stay pretty long. haha.

Match grade barrel? Threaded for suppressor?

I love my G21 glock. One of the best
.45 made IMHO unless u wanna pay stupid money! Although my dads sig p220 elite carry has one of the nicest triggers I've ever felt even compared to some nighthawk customs and my buddies cz custom shadow which both are double the cost or more of his sig and the recoil of the .45acp is the best I've ever felt in they sig elite. Pops is now eyes the sig p226 elite. I'm trying to convince him to man up and get the sig x5 competition gun. I've shot one and holy shit amazing gun. Slide and trigger were smoother then bearings in an oil bath! Just amazing!

Willis
04-28-2016, 04:52 AM
Match Drop in, so no gunsmith needed. Yes sir threaded for a can. ;-)

I only have 17s and 19s for carry and secondary. Oh and my M&P9 VTAC. They are the tools for me. If I carry the 19 I will carry extra 17 mags, only one 19 mag which is in the 19.

Sig's are amazing firearms! I won't carry them for work though. And the only .45's I own are 1911's. And yes nighthawks are sweet! So are STI's. I really want a Dan Wesson 1911, I like the man himself so I would like to own one of his pieces. But I have more gear I have to update to modern times. lol. Just like I fought myself against running a RMR on my pistols, but I need to stay up with times.

One of my buddies does pistol competition and getting involved with 3 gun. I won't say his name, but he is ranked one of the best in the world...He has some really cool race/comp pistols.

Have you shot any F1 lightweight AR's yet? They get down!

kazman68
08-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Anyone selling any rifles along the M4 or AR-15 line? Had to sell mine when I first got to Texas and looking at replacing it soon, have some .223 and 5.56 ammo already on hand.