PDA

View Full Version : F$%^&N Trigger Point

knights
10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
So i was "diagnosed" with having a trigger point in my trap just next to my shoulder blade.....fucken painful as shit, feels like the muscle is always contracted and wont release. Anybody else have this and what did you do to fix it?

Vicious 13
10-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Never heard of that

Nelson303
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh yes. I have this behind left shoulder blade. From my work. But, the answer is shots. I had shots. Can't remember name. But made a cushion between nerve and muscle. After about 6 months the trigger point becomes less inflamed and then...... Fucking pain. After everything it cramps up. So then 6 more months of pt and deep tissue massage. Still there. Doc told me unless I quit gym and work for a year at least. Then try shot again and shit. It hurts. But shot makes it heal faster. Good luck.

kazman68
10-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Had them in my glutes, when I had piriformis syndrome painful as hell, used a hard foam roller it was agony (put a pencil in mouth to use as a bite stick) I also slept on a heading pad..when It got better starting stretching it, had a deep tissue massage. Wish you the best I know I was in agony for a few weeks..

NTL
10-26-2012, 06:22 PM
What causes this to happy? It sounds like something you want to avoid happening.

kazman68
10-26-2012, 06:32 PM
What causes this to happy? It sounds like something you want to avoid happening.

It is most certainly something you'd like to avoid.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0215/p653.html

SisterSteel
10-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Like Kaz said deep tissue massages will help to get it to release. I'd use a rumble roller instead of a foam roller. A muscle relaxer wouldn't hurt either.

red crayon
10-26-2012, 08:33 PM
What ever the cure is Im interested in knowing what fixes it. Id appreciate it if you would keep us updated. Ive heard about this but never knew what fixed it. All the injuries I have had and know about, in the gym anyway, were in the lower body area and just minor injuries. Such as a groin pull, abdominal muscle pull and a smashed foot, dropped a plate on it. My foot swelled up but thats all, it was a 45 pound plate. I tried to load two at one time, a very dumb move.

knights
10-26-2012, 08:54 PM
mine started out with a tear in my trapezius around the number 5 cervical vertebrae. Now its basically always contracted....will not release, feels like a golf ball underneath. have been doing ALOT of research....primary suggested cervical epidural....FUCK THAT SHIT. leaning more and more towards trigger point injections in conjunction with deep tissue and manual stretching of the area. This shit sucks bad.....for those of you that have never had this.....imagine a muscle flexed and never releasing...just stays flexed.

zedhed
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Um
Trigger Point Therapy guyz and galz.
Google it.
Can do it yourself and it works pretty well.