PDA

View Full Version : Whos a deer hunter?

babablacksheep
11-01-2012, 11:25 AM
This weekend is the Minnesota deer firearms season runs for 2 weeks and im super exited.....its nice to have a freezer full of nice lean red meat. Anyone else goin?

Manny1983
11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Ive been wanting to go hunting forever but don't know n e one that hunts or has land to hunt on so I'm SOL I want to bow hunt though. Send me some meat lol

Lunchbox
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
This time two weeks from now I'll have some delicious backstrap jerky ready to go.

babablacksheep
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Dude you gotta eat that back strap raw

kazman68
11-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Have a friend that;s been teaching me how to butcher now, if the world ever went to shit, hunting and being able to dress your kill could make the difference between life and death.

Vicious 13
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
My ex used to go hunting all the time it actually kind of scared me :/ she also threw a gnarly right hook when we broke up

Ecto
11-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I used to when i was younger and lived at home. But now that I have a family of my own and they must be spoiled prissy women, cause they won't eat deer meat, and trust me i have tried to slip it in here and there. It would be have to be a life or death situation before they would ever let it pass their lips again.

kazman68
11-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I used to when i was younger and lived at home. But now that I have a family of my own and they must be spoiled prissy women, cause they won't eat deer meat, and trust me i have tried to slip it in here and there. It would be have to be a life or death situation before they would ever let it pass their lips again.

Personally, I don't mind deer meat, my aunt made bbq deer sandwiches, it tasted just like pulled pork or beef..awesome..might give that a try?

Ecto
11-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Personally, I don't mind deer meat, my aunt made bbq deer sandwiches, it tasted just like pulled pork or beef..awesome..might give that a try?

hahaha. Yeah, I love deer meat, and grew up on tons and tons of it. My girls even know when i use ground turkey in spaghetti.....that damn picky. The only deer meat they did like was jerky. I had to give a whole deer away cause they won't eat the burger or steaks. There's no fooling these picky palates of women. at least at my house.

kazman68
11-01-2012, 08:29 PM
hahaha. Yeah, I love deer meat, and grew up on tons and tons of it. My girls even know when i use ground turkey in spaghetti.....that damn picky. The only deer meat they did like was jerky. I had to give a whole deer away cause they won't eat the burger or steaks. There's no fooling these picky palates of women. at least at my house.

Ack, I would have paid for you to ship it to me, deer is good lean red meat.

NTL
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
We get a processer to make dear summer sausages with peppers and cheese added. It's dam good and on 10 bucks for a 4inch by 10 inch log.

SisterSteel
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I hadn't even seen a deer till I moved to the states let alone hunt one. I've heard it's pretty boring hunting deer. Sitting in a stand and waiting for it to walk by. I don't have the patience for that.

red crayon
11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Here in Ky its a big deal, everyone goes hunting. I go hunting as often as I can. I dont like to kill deer or anything but I do like to eat them. The last deer I killed I had to track it down and it wasnt dead when I found it. It was crying. I shot it in the head but I dont kill anymore.

Vicious 13
11-02-2012, 04:12 AM
I Don't think I could shoot a deer I will damn well say I could but I don't think I could actually do it maybe a bear though

kazman68
11-02-2012, 04:31 AM
I Don't think I could shoot a deer I will damn well say I could but I don't think I could actually do it maybe a bear though

If you were hungry enough you could..

Vicious 13
11-02-2012, 04:33 AM
O yea if it were me or the deer that thing is good as dead lol

kazman68
11-02-2012, 04:40 AM
O yea if it were me or the deer that thing is good as dead lol

Rofl...survival of the fittest!

Fuelfan
11-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm sitting here getting ready to head to the gym eating some deer jerky! I got me a 6*7 about a month ago and had most of it turned into jerky. Fantastic treat for me. Keeps me away from the sugar.

Fuelfan
11-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Gym fuel!!!!

babablacksheep
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Love me some jerky

Dath
11-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Here in Ky its a big deal, everyone goes hunting. I go hunting as often as I can. I dont like to kill deer or anything but I do like to eat them. The last deer I killed I had to track it down and it wasnt dead when I found it. It was crying. I shot it in the head but I dont kill anymore.

Do they allow hunting in KY on Sunday ?
Have a friend thats lives in Virginia and he has told me there's no hunting on Sunday.

kazman68
11-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Gym fuel!!!!

Nice..Love jerky myself..awesome,