PDA

View Full Version : Any Photographers or Hobby Photographers

Bigmike
11-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm looking for a good condishioned Canon T3i for my girls Christmas gift. I'm willing to make a trade or pay out for a reasonable price. This is not a joke so please, only if you're serious. It meens a lot to me that I get her this for Christmas. We had some hard times with medical bills and we had to sell a lot of belongings to friends including her old T2i.

If you know of any resources for well priced used or new T3i's please feel free to drop a line. I just can't afford to shell out $650 for a new one.:(

zedhed
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Hope you find it bro. I know exactly what youve been thru.

Skyling35
11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Best bet if you don't find someone with one is local camera stores. Mos of them deal in used gear. There used to be a chain called Wolfe camera that dealt in lots of used cameras. I'm not sure if they are still in buisness though.

Skyling35
11-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Also if you know what your looking for and know how to check one out. Pawn shops have lots of digitalis and give people chump change for them.

You just need to ensure the pawn shop would let you bring it back if it didnt check out ok at a camera shop.

Bigmike
11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
That's actually a good idea on the pawn shop... I know one that is about 100feet away from a camera store. The problem is a T3i is a decently high end camera and the T4i just came out. People are still holding on to the T3i's for some reason, figured it would be like a damn ipod or iphone. As soon as the 4th gen is out everyone wants to sell the 3rd gen.

I've actually found the body only for $459 so I'm going to see if the lenses from my old school 35mm canon will fit it. If so then I'll go with that. I'm crossing my fingers on edge wanting to know so bad but stuck at work till 5pm. She's going to cry if I get her this, tears of joy of course.

Skyling35
11-01-2012, 02:43 PM
If I remember correctly cannon did make the lenses interchangeable between digi and the 35mm. I can't swear to it but I believe that's how cannon did it.

Bigmike
11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
If I remember correctly cannon did make the lenses interchangeable between digi and the 35mm. I can't swear to it but I believe that's how cannon did it.

I'm hoping and preying man! I know little to nothing about this stuff but thank god for google... I at least know what to look for to check and see.

Bigmike
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Woohoo! Found it on IBuys brand new with the 55mm lens for $549, way better than $800 instore and ~$700 amazon. She's going to lose it on Christmas morning.