PDA

View Full Version : Cant get my girls car tag renewed!

Frustratez
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
So my girlfriend got a 2000 mustang v6 about 8 months ago and her dad said they would take care of the title.. well they got the car insured and all that so I thought oh guess the titles taken care of and never asked about it. Well now her tags out and her dad said "I'd go get your title put in your name and get the tag renewed" so when I told him hey you said you took care of her title for her he got really pissed off at me and said he never said such a thing... I got pissed back and said I WOULD OF TOOK CARE OF IT BACK THEN! BUT YOU TOOK THE FUCKING TITLE AND WE HAVENT SEEN IT SINCE!. No telling how much that shits going to cost now....so I tried going to get the tag renewed and they wouldnt let me since the titles not in her name. Is there someway I could get around the title being in her name? When I renewed my civic I Just showed my insurance registration and license .. they never asked about the title...

Bruiser
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Kick him in the jimmy

Frustratez
11-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Kick him in the jimmy

lol that wont magically make the car title be changed and get this shit... the guy that sold her the car put it on there as he gave it to her so the title would of only cost tax on a dollar !

Skyling35
11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Kick him in the jimmy

^^^^ this is all I know you'll be able to do since its not in your name, or her dad will have to get the tags.

Bigmike
11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I would play stupid. Hit hte DMV when a diffrent person is working and try to renew if they ask for the title tell them politley... last time I renewed I only needed my Insurance card and lincense, that's all I brought; Can we make it happen with that?

Dath
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Obviously ever state is different....I've renewed before with little as plate number and ID and a check. But of course the vehicle was registered to me.... All you can do is kiss ass like Big mike all but suggested and hope....or get the title handled. There with definately be some assessment/late fees applied. Shitty bro.

Bigmike
11-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Pay for the tags online everything you need is on your registration. Hit dmv's web site and try that way.

kazman68
11-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Pay for the tags online everything you need is on your registration. Hit dmv's web site and try that way.

Good luck, dmv sucks, and I hate people who don't follow through with what they say...