PDA

View Full Version : How much Food to Eat????

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM
If you ever wondered how to put on tons of lean muscle mass and keep it, well this is what my buddy carried with him for Thurs-Sunday to the Nationals in Atlanta. He is a heavy weight. 220lb
50 lbs -tilapia
30 lb- steak
30 cups sweet potato
30 lbs-asparagus
He took this thru security at the airport!! You gotta eat big to get big!!!

Skyling35
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Holy fucking hell!!!!!! 110 plus pounds of food in 4 days

FUCK that's a lot of food in a short period.

Ironguruera
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Fuck that's an ass ton of dead animals! I couldn't eat that much if I wanted to!

he must also be rich lol.

layddually
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Well guess that counts me out of being that big holy shit. I can eat that much just can't justify the expense.

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm serious guys, this is how you get really big!

Ironguruera
11-08-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm serious guys, this is how you get really big!

By big u mean fat lol. that's way to much cals for my 5' 6" midget frame to process.

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
This guy is 5'9 220lb on stage

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
You won't get fat eating like this. Problem is most people( and especially forum junkies) eat tons of shit. And throw some shakes , chicken and fish in between the McDonald's and Pizza

Ironguruera
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
You won't get fat eating like this. Problem is most people( and especially forum junkies) eat tons of shit. And throw some shakes , chicken and fish in between the McDonald's and Pizza

Lol I know what u mean. My diet is pretty good. I cheat here and there depends on what I'm trying to do.

My diet is this mon-Friday
Raw oats/ cinnamon/fruit
Protein shake

Lunch is chicken and bean chili with brown rice

Dinner is filet and quinoa or chicken and rice and veggies etc. whatever my wife or I make. If I cook its quinoa and something dead.

If I'm bulking I'll have a 4th meal of more chicken bean chili.

Throw a few shakes in there pre and post workout.

I'm pretty strict cause I don't do cardio. I'm not doing a show so 10% bf is where I stay with good diet.

I found it odd that last cycle with eating more cals but clean cals I kept losing fat yet gained mass. I attributed that to the aas as normally if I eat more I get fatter vs buffer lol.

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Well more clean calories is the key. My diets usually consist of 7-8 meals. But you can't cheat!!

layddually
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Well more clean calories is the key. My diets usually consist of 7-8 meals. But you can't cheat!!

Yea no cheating FG already yelled at me LOL.

Ironguruera
11-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Sure I can. I'm not a competitive bb. If I want a beer or 2 I have them. If I want a piece of cake etc I have it.
I'm fine with this build...for now. If I wanna take it up a notch I don't cheat as often.

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Sure I can. I'm not a competitive bb. If I want a beer or 2 I have them. If I want a piece of cake etc I have it.
I'm fine with this build...for now. If I wanna take it up a notch I don't cheat as often.

Yea you can if you want but if your trying to reach a goal and you pay me $500 I'd advise against it

kazman68
11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I think Kai Greene was eating 8# of Tilapia a day + other things rice etc...I remember a video of Kevin Levrone grocery shopping he spent like $500 looked at the camera and said "that will last me about a week" When I was gaining mass in my younger years I ate every 2 hours.

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 11:12 PM
I trained biceps with Kai in a hotel gym in Atlanta 4 years ago and ate lunch with him afterwords. Me and my wife and him and a woman( thought he was gay but they were close)I had a chicken breast and a sweet potato. He went to the buffet and had a plate of food so high I don't know how it stayed on the plate. He went back 4 times. We were laughing our asses off. I've net every top pro in the world and he was the biggest one I'd ever met. He had spandex on and his legs didn't look real! First time I've ever been shocked.

BigB
11-08-2012, 11:26 PM
My apatite is crap right now no way I could eat that much start of my journey I was eating like a horse. Don't no what happen 3rd week having to force it down. Make up for it with mass shakes.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 12:22 AM
I trained biceps with Kai in a hotel gym in Atlanta 4 years ago and ate lunch with him afterwords. Me and my wife and him and a woman( thought he was gay but they were close)I had a chicken breast and a sweet potato. He went to the buffet and had a plate of food so high I don't know how it stayed on the plate. He went back 4 times. We were laughing our asses off. I've net every top pro in the world and he was the biggest one I'd ever met. He had spandex on and his legs didn't look real! First time I've ever been shocked.

He is a monster for sure..guys just don't understand how important lots of quality food is, as I have said before this is where 99.9% of guys fail.

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I remember seeing a photo of Mike Mattarazo (sp)hotel room with 2 bottles of pepto bismol on the night stand. Lol.. I've talked to him many times over the years and he was a huge eater. He ate a lb steak at every meal. He also had quadruple heart surgery years later .

SisterSteel
11-09-2012, 12:41 AM
You eat as much as you need to and than eat some more if you want to grow. People don't seem to realize that the most anabolic substance you can put in your body is food.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 01:17 AM
You eat as much as you need to and than eat some more if you want to grow. People don't seem to realize that the most anabolic substance you can put in your body is food.

So true! Food is the most anabolic substance on earth..don't know why some guys find that so hard to believe,they think you actually grow in the gym.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 01:19 AM
I remember seeing a photo of Mike Mattarazo (sp)hotel room with 2 bottles of pepto bismol on the night stand. Lol.. I've talked to him many times over the years and he was a huge eater. He ate a lb steak at every meal. He also had quadruple heart surgery years later .

Yah, Mike was eating 6 pounds of red meat a day..his father also had heart problems, he is alive and doing well now, a bondsman in Modesto. Still a decent 220-230#

Ironguruera
11-09-2012, 01:41 AM
So true! Food is the most anabolic substance on earth..don't know why some guys find that so hard to believe,they think you actually grow in the gym.

Got a few guys at work always asking what's your secret. One ESP eats all fast and processed food. I try to help them.......I'm not their personal chief and coach lol can only help so much . Can lead a horse to water......
It's a shame cause the fast food guys works out all the damn time...u can barely tell.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Got a few guys at work always asking what's your secret. One ESP eats all fast and processed food. I try to help them.......I'm not their personal chief and coach lol can only help so much . Can lead a horse to water......
It's a shame cause the fast food guys works out all the damn time...u can barely tell.

I hear you, I tried to help a guy too..training 15 yrs and you can't tell, I wrote a diet (which he wouldn't follow) I asked him what he ate at work while there 10 hours (after working out earlier that day)

4 Diet Pepsi's (no water)
1 Bag potato chips
1 Snicker's bar

I just shook my head, he said" what you never eat anything bad?" I gave up and never talked to him again.

Ironguruera
11-09-2012, 02:26 AM
I hear you, I tried to help a guy too..training 15 yrs and you can't tell, I wrote a diet (which he wouldn't follow) I asked him what he ate at work while there 10 hours (after working out earlier that day)

4 Diet Pepsi's (no water)
1 Bag potato chips
1 Snicker's bar

I just shook my head, he said" what you never eat anything bad?" I gave up and never talked to him again.

Lol. I like your style kaz! I try to lead by example with these guys. They always ask what I'm eating for lunch or say Man U are eating again? Sure chicken chili and beans for lunch gets old some days but its hot, fresh, $5 and the girl that works there is hot as hell and loves to talk to me lol. even my wife said if she went gay she would totally bang her lol.......dream of all dreams is the wife and her scissoring lmao!

It's all about the diet! Took me ages to realize it. It's not just cals but what those cals are from.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Lol. I like your style kaz! I try to lead by example with these guys. They always ask what I'm eating for lunch or say Man U are eating again? Sure chicken chili and beans for lunch gets old some days but its hot, fresh, $5 and the girl that works there is hot as hell and loves to talk to me lol. even my wife said if she went gay she would totally bang her lol.......dream of all dreams is the wife and her scissoring lmao!

It's all about the diet! Took me ages to realize it. It's not just cals but what those cals are from.

If the scissors thing ever happens let us know ;) People just don't have the willpower, or discipline to eat the right way..it's a pain(well not to me ) to carry your meals wherever you go, but it must be done..couldn't get it though to the guy, he also said something along the lines of "well they do have chicken nuggets at work." fucking forget it...you will never be big, your wasting your time and money at the gym, nit that he trained any better, when he left he was bone dry, and drinking (of course) a diet pepsi, guy didn't drink water!!!!!

SisterSteel
11-09-2012, 09:48 AM

Exactly. I've met so many people who are like you lift only 3x week. You should be lifting 6x week. I just laugh as I walk away considering I'm bigger than most of them.

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Yea I tell my people that all the time. You grow when you rest and eat. If your training every single day your still hitting something inadvertently that you hit yesterday.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Exactly. I've met so many people who are like you lift only 3x week. You should be lifting 6x week. I just laugh as I walk away considering I'm bigger than most of them.

Agreed, people think you spend 8 hours a day in the gym...that's what I spend in a week + 2 20 min cardio sessions at home.

Encino_Mang
03-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Yah, Mike was eating 6 pounds of red meat a day..

Who can afford to eat all that.........much less have the time to prepare it......must have an assistant and deep pockets

kazman68
03-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Who can afford to eat all that.........much less have the time to prepare it......must have an assistant and deep pockets

Mike was a pro and didn't have a 'regular' job he was probably doing ok with endorsements etc...

Encino_Mang
03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Mike was a pro and didn't have a 'regular' job he was probably doing ok with endorsements etc...

That alone is probably $40-$50 of food......that's got to be like a part time job weighing, preparing, cooking and eating.....I'm sure you get sick of eating that much food to be that big....might be cool at first but dam everyday....