PDA

View Full Version : Just squated 4 Plates!!

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I've worked legs 4 times in 10 months and been going light on squats because of my neck. The bar is too painful after surgery. Well felt good and went up to 405lb for 10 reps! All the way down .thats a huge step for me. Glad the legs are still strong.

layddually
11-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Good job! Hell I'm not injured and can't do 405 for 10 reps.

kazman68
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I've worked legs 4 times in 10 months and been going light on squats because of my neck. The bar is too painful after surgery. Well felt good and went up to 405lb for 10 reps! All the way down .thats a huge step for me. Glad the legs are still strong.

Great job!

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I know that doesn't sound like alot but to have only squated a couple times in a year ill take it. Ill let y'all know how sore I am tomorrow. It's gonna be bad. I did 26 sets of quads alone

kazman68
11-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I know that doesn't sound like alot but to have only squated a couple times in a year ill take it. Ill let y'all know how sore I am tomorrow. It's gonna be bad. I did 26 sets of quads alone

You beat the shit out of them LOL...

SisterSteel
11-08-2012, 10:16 PM

26 sets dayum. Looks like you're trying to make up for the year off in no time. lol

bigcivic
11-08-2012, 10:40 PM

Holy Hell bro I wouldn't b able to walk

Fit Guru
11-08-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm gonna hurt tomorrow . I can already tell. My Ass was cramping up!

neoclassical
11-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Great work! You'll be breaking the toilet seat for sure. :cool:

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I've got a bad knee so I time legs around the knee pain. At my age I'm not risking injury. I do want to compete again next year but its not a necessity. I went out 4 years ago on top so I retired happy but injury to my neck and all I'm getting that itch again.

Ironguruera
11-09-2012, 02:29 AM
26 sets!!?!

Have fun getting in the car or sitting on the toilet in the next few days. I take it nice and slow 1st leg sessions after a lay up.

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Yea I'm sore as fuck today!! Especially my ASS!!

NTL
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Good job on 4 plates.

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Even more sore as the day goes on. Tomorrow is going to be a bitch

kazman68
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Even more sore as the day goes on. Tomorrow is going to be a bitch

Hope you don't have to walk up any steps soon.

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Dude just getting outta the car is murder. Sitting down anywhere and getting up is horrible . I did 5 sets of Bulgarian dead lifts for my hams also along with leg curls. I'm dieing

Ironguruera
11-09-2012, 09:23 PM
What's a Bulgarian dead? When u do stiff leg deads how locked out are your knees?

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
On Bulgarians you use 2 dumbells( I used 5b) feet shoulder width apart. Knees slightly bent. Drop the dumbells as far down your shins as u can. In way up tensing hams and glutes. Don't lock out at the top. I do 10 reps.

SisterSteel
11-10-2012, 01:46 PM
On Bulgarians you use 2 dumbells( I used 5b) feet shoulder width apart. Knees slightly bent. Drop the dumbells as far down your shins as u can. In way up tensing hams and glutes. Don't lock out at the top. I do 10 reps.

Not sure why they are called Bulgarian Split Squats b/c the Bulgarian Oly Team doesn't do them. Their whole program is comprised of only 6 lifts. They may call it that b/c back in the 80's Abadjiev (the national coach) released a lot of misinformation to the world so no one would know what his Olympic weightlifting team was doing.

Ironguruera
11-10-2012, 03:10 PM

I assume u meant 50 lb dumbs. I saw jay cutler doing then like this. I prefer them to the bar they seem to work better for some reason.

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Not sure why they are called Bulgarian Split Squats b/c the Bulgarian Oly Team doesn't do them. Their whole program is comprised of only 6 lifts. They may call it that b/c back in the 80's Abadjiev (the national coach) released a lot of misinformation to the world so no one would know what his Olympic weightlifting team was doing.

I have no idea. This is what I've always called them. Don't remember where I learned them.

SisterSteel
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I have no idea. This is what I've always called them. Don't remember where I learned them.

I'd be willing that Ivan A. put it out in the 80's when he was releasing all the misinformation to the world. Just a history lesson for those who don't know who Ivan Abadjiev is.... he was the National Bulgarian Oly coach and took them from last to first in just a decade. His team also had all the WR's back in the 80's. They actually changed all the weight classes to change the WR numbers. Most say that was done b/c it was widely known that he had his lifters use heavy doses of AAS to be able to handle the rigorous 2x a day, 6x week training sessions that lasted 6-8hrs each day.

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey whatever they're called or where they came from I can't sit on the toilet today!

SisterSteel
11-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Hey whatever they're called or where they came from I can't sit on the toilet today!

That's all that matters.... is that they work.

Another great Oly assisting lift is RDL's with a snatch grip (very very wide grip). That will increase your ROM and also hit your lats a bit because they help stabilize the bar with the wider hand grip.

kazman68
11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Weren't they called Romanian deadlifts as well, when using a barbell? I personally have grown found of using the dumbbells lately.

red crayon
11-10-2012, 10:52 PM
I say what ever works, thats the ticket! I do what Id call old school Hack Squats with the bar behind my legs and squat down till the plates touch the floor and back up. lol I get a lot of strange looks but it helps me keep my back strait. I sometimes do box squats too. It helps me get the legs down where they need to be. Yes I do pause at the bottom. I have also done regular squats at the 20 rep per set deal. It freaks the young guys out, lol.
405 for 10 is a lot of work! But the results will be amazing. You did a great job there.

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Weren't they called Romanian deadlifts as well, when using a barbell? I personally have grown found of using the dumbbells lately.

Romania, Bulgaria ? Aren't they all the same? Lol

kazman68
11-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I say what ever works, thats the ticket! I do what Id call old school Hack Squats with the bar behind my legs and squat down till the plates touch the floor and back up. lol I get a lot of strange looks but it helps me keep my back strait. I sometimes do box squats too. It helps me get the legs down where they need to be. Yes I do pause at the bottom. I have also done regular squats at the 20 rep per set deal. It freaks the young guys out, lol.
405 for 10 is a lot of work! But the results will be amazing. You did a great job there.

Yup, done the old school barbell hacks..they work..I had a situation where I had to work out at home with limited equipment, and these where a staple in my leg routine, also do sissy squats sometimes..people also look at me when I do deep stretch's between sets then do iso-tension, instead of gabbing after a set. FitG I don't know there all eastern bloc's so who knows who came up with them first... :)

SisterSteel
11-11-2012, 02:31 AM

You should try that movement using 25lbs plates and put a 1x4 under your heels. That will make your quads shake like a leaf in the wind. You can also use a cambered bar to and that'll make performing the lift a lot easier in terms of comfort.

striker1488
11-12-2012, 05:28 PM
so can you move today. I bet your ass feels like someone donkey kicked it!!

Fit Guru
11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Today was OK. First day I can tie my shoes since thurs. just about recouped now.

kazman68
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
You should try that movement using 25lbs plates and put a 1x4 under your heels. That will make your quads shake like a leaf in the wind. You can also use a cambered bar to and that'll make performing the lift a lot easier in terms of comfort.

Yup, very true..that;s how I did mine - the cambered bar I didn't have.

SisterSteel
11-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Yup, very true..that;s how I did mine - the cambered bar I didn't have.

It seems like most gyms these days don't offer more than a crappy straight bar. Most don't even have a Texas Power Bar.

kazman68
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
It seems like most gyms these days don't offer more than a crappy straight bar. Most don't even have a Texas Power Bar.

This is when I worked out at home, but your right. Larry's gym was the only place I saw unique bar's etc..He even had an old school Zane leg blaster.

SisterSteel
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
This is when I worked out at home, but your right. Larry's gym was the only place I saw unique bar's etc..He even had an old school Zane leg blaster.

Nice. I tried it but there's no substitute to doing front squats Olympic style.

Fit Guru
11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Nice. I tried it but there's no substitute to doing front squats Olympic style.

I hate those!!! Ugh!!

SisterSteel
11-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I hate those!!! Ugh!!

I find nothing builds quads like narrow stance, Olympic style front squats. I may be a bit biased though since I used to compete in Olympic Weightlifting.

Fit Guru
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
I find nothing builds quads like narrow stance, Olympic style front squats. I may be a bit biased though since I used to compete in Olympic Weightlifting.

No your right. I just hate them!!!

kazman68
11-13-2012, 12:41 AM
No your right. I just hate them!!!

Agreed on both accounts...I guess I wasn't referring to Zane's leg blaster as the best thing out there ( it wasn't bad), but merely Larry's gym had more unique things then any other gym I've seen, true hardcore Powerlifting/Bodybuilding gym, even had a couple Olympic lifters.