PDA

View Full Version : Doing my 1st show

Frustratez
11-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Doing my 1st show on may 5th. NPC Battle of the bodies in Tulsa, OK. I think it'll be a cool experience. I got a buddy entering also. Any advice or pointers for me brothers ? I need some brotherly motivation!

Fit Guru
11-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Contest prep is what I do for a living. I've trained novice , national level and Pro bodybuilders and figure,bikini and physique. PM me!

kazman68
11-14-2012, 12:59 AM
What's your pre-contest diet look like? You working with a nutritionist? ( I would suggest it).Go easy on the cardio at first, let the diet and training work for you, increase cardio only if needed. Get everything you need as soon as possible to make sure your ready, posing trunks, choice of tanning dyes, read as much as you can. Are you going to carb deplete/carb or fat load? What about sodium loading/depleting, potassium loading etc...Are you going to use a diuretic (make sure you know what your doing here,guys have died from this) or like Paul Dillet locked up on stage and had to be carried off..so much goes into getting ready for a show, may just want to keep it simple the first time, and learn as you go, your also going to want to switch to distilled water a few days before, Fit and I may be able to help you here, I guess it depends on how serious you want to get. As I said may want to keep it simple and if you decide to keep doing it learn the more inner workings, sorry I wasn't trying to overwhelm you, but guys don't realize how much you have to do to 'peak' for that day. If I said anything you already know about I'm sorry, don't know how much you know about contest prep.

mj_0360
11-14-2012, 06:31 AM
lol damn. Please keep us posted on your progress bro, subbed!

Fit Guru
11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Kaz you just confused the Hell out of that Boy!! Lol

Lunchbox
11-14-2012, 10:16 AM

Lol.. Kaz just spewed out years of knowlede in a handful of sentences. My brain went on overload just trying to read it!!

Fit Guru
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Lol.. I know. No offense Kaz. I know where your coming from. Keep it simple! Lol

Frustratez
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
*brain overloaded * lol figured I'd email fit have him help . Figured I'd keep it simple and learn. Kaz your a fuckin knowledge monster

Fit Guru
11-14-2012, 11:02 AM
He's been around the block a few times.

kazman68
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM

I kind of realized that after I posted..sorry, guys just don't realize how much goes into contest prep..I've stayed with guys at their house for the last few days before a show, to fine tune them as much as possible, it;s hard especially the first time. One guy (like Dorian) can eat a shit ton of carbs, when loading, other guys get too much and they spill over holding a film of water under their skin. If you've got Fit your in good hands, but if you ever have questions, you can hit me up as well..good luck and have fun! First time hitting that stage is a rush, the lights are so bright you can't see into the audience. Practice your posing and remember you won't have a mirror to go by onstage. I always went for the X let them come to me, I was the one to beat. Fit will understand :)

Also pick music that suits your posing style/routine, Metallica "wherever I may roam" was a favorite because of the slow intro, I would come onstage after the music began to roll, sorry showing my age and babbling again..sigh

Fit Guru
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
No Kaz I love what you have to say. Everything you say is on point. You know how it's done. Everyone has a "little " different approach but who's to say ones better than the other. I'm a little conservative on the last week. I even learned something new from trial and error. My approach didn't fail I just saw I needed to add a little more water the last 2 days than I was allowing. I'm sure that may change again one day too. Always learning .

kazman68
11-14-2012, 09:14 PM
No Kaz I love what you have to say. Everything you say is on point. You know how it's done. Everyone has a "little " different approach but who's to say ones better than the other. I'm a little conservative on the last week. I even learned something new from trial and error. My approach didn't fail I just saw I needed to add a little more water the last 2 days than I was allowing. I'm sure that may change again one day too. Always learning .

I'm with you on conservative, I would rather come in a little smaller, and ripped/dry, then bigger and bloated. LOL, I was watching one show and everyone was impressed with the shw, he was huge but smooth,( I said he won't win) the bantamweight won the overall! Gotta love it..

MuscleAddiction
11-14-2012, 09:18 PM
I have 3 shows under my belt (1-2005, 2-2007) and plan on competing in July 2013. Everything said above is so true...and the posing is extremely important to start NOW!!! Practice your mandatories, if you can find someone who can coach you, and just give it 150%!!! You will either love it or hate it...obviously I love it, the reason for my absence for 5 years was due to my baby girl and just being daddy!!! Now she wants to see daddy on stage flexing his muscles :D!

kazman68
11-14-2012, 09:29 PM
I have 3 shows under my belt (1-2005, 2-2007) and plan on competing in July 2013. Everything said above is so true...and the posing is extremely important to start NOW!!! Practice your mandatories, if you can find someone who can coach you, and just give it 150%!!! You will either love it or hate it...obviously I love it, the reason for my absence for 5 years was due to my baby girl and just being daddy!!! Now she wants to see daddy on stage flexing his muscles :D!

Good deal MA! I'm sure your daughter will be proud,seeing you on stage. Also very true on the mandatory's and quarter turns. Let us know when your going to do another!

Frustratez
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
That's fuckin cool shit man . She will be proud to see dad up there !

Fit Guru
11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
I added up 39 shows I've done since 1985. I took a break(retired) in 1997 and came back in 2008 because someone pissed me off and I wanted to compete against them and was in the best shape of my life at 45 years old. I won both shows in the masters and open then retired again. Because of my injury I don't think ill ever do it again but never say never.

kazman68
11-15-2012, 12:07 AM
I added up 39 shows I've done since 1985. I took a break(retired) in 1997 and came back in 2008 because someone pissed me off and I wanted to compete against them and was in the best shape of my life at 45 years old. I won both shows in the masters and open then retired again. Because of my injury I don't think ill ever do it again but never say never.

Awesome Fit, I haven't done that many, but I know what you mean about people talking shit/pissing you off. One time the guy never showed up and the other suddenly dropped weight( the night before the show) to make lhw, so he didn't have to compete against me.

MuscleAddiction
11-15-2012, 12:36 AM

Nice bro...I will be 42 on Saturday, so it is great to hear you being in the best shape of your life at 45...I hear that a lot, muscle maturity you call it? Going to compete in the Masters and Mens Open, I will go for 2 divisions why not! Never say never bro, if it is in your blood, it will creep back up on you like an addiction!

MuscleAddiction
11-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Good deal MA! I'm sure your daughter will be proud,seeing you on stage. Also very true on the mandatory's and quarter turns. Let us know when your going to do another!

You, Fit, and myself are seasoned vets! All pretty much the same age, I will let you know when the show draws near...I will pick your guys brains a bit ;).

MuscleAddiction
11-15-2012, 12:40 AM
That's fuckin cool shit man . She will be proud to see dad up there !

You will do it bro...and you will do well! Like I tell my little girl "whatever you put your mind to, you can do it!!!"

Fit Guru
11-15-2012, 12:52 AM
You, Fit, and myself are seasoned vets! All pretty much the same age, I will let you know when the show draws near...I will pick your guys brains a bit ;).

Oh yea! No reason not to get it right with all this experience.

kazman68
11-15-2012, 01:28 AM

Lots of knowledge here...if only guys would utilize it instead of going blindly into a show, one guy told me he ate nothing but tuna for 2 months and wondered where his muscle went, well he really didn't have any to begin with, he was the one guy in a show that you say wtf is he doing up there every show has at least one.

MuscleAddiction
11-15-2012, 01:32 AM

Lots of knowledge here...if only guys would utilize it instead of going blindly into a show, one guy told me he ate nothing but tuna for 2 months and wondered where his muscle went, well he really didn't have any to begin with, he was the one guy in a show that you say wtf is he doing up there every show has at least one.

I love the brotherhood here!!! You don't have to tell me twice!!!

Ironguruera
11-15-2012, 02:31 AM

Lmao kaz!

U mean like this joker?

malaki26
11-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Lmao kaz!

U mean like this joker?

lol

kazman68
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Lmao kaz!

U mean like this joker?

Rofl, yes, guys with no tan, hair on their back, no muscle or a gut hanging over their trunks.

Ironguruera
11-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Rofl, yes, guys with no tan, hair on their back, no muscle or a gut hanging over their trunks.

My buddy said in Washington etc there's a hand full of these idiots at every show!

U would think a close friend or relative would sit then down and set them straight lol.

I mean sure we all start somewhere.....but he has no business on stage!

Lunchbox
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Fk me... did my ex wife send you a picture of me from two years ago??

:eek:

kazman68
11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
My buddy said in Washington etc there's a hand full of these idiots at every show!

U would think a close friend or relative would sit then down and set them straight lol.

I mean sure we all start somewhere.....but he has no business on stage!

I swear some guys look into a different mirror, one guy at the gym was maybe 5'8 170# with about 10-12% bf he kept talking about how huge he was..sigh..the only thing huge on him were the zits on his back and his floppy man boobs.

Fit Guru
11-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I saw a guy come on stage in coaching shorts. Back then you didn't have to weigh in in your posing trunks. The number 1 mistake people make in a show is color!

kazman68
11-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I saw a guy come on stage in coaching shorts. Back then you didn't have to weigh in in your posing trunks. The number 1 mistake people make in a show is color!

True, Iv;e seen some bad jobs, streaks everywhere, or guys who paint their body and leave their face white. Lunch your doing a great job keep it up!

Fit Guru
11-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Oh the white face kills me. I had a teen do nationals and at the last minute I couldn't go. I told him everything to do and this was his 5th show that year. When I saw his onstage pics his face was white. I fuckin freaked out. Come to find out his brother talked him out of painting his face. Said it looked stupid. Uugghh!!

Fit Guru
11-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Here he is. Only pic I could find but you can see the difference in his face

kazman68
11-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Here he is. Only pic I could find but you can see the difference in his face

Why would it look stupid? It looks stupid not matching..I know some guy who shaves his whole upper body, back and everything but leaves his legs hairy, I think it look silly myself. I'm all about the symmetry.

Fit Guru
11-19-2012, 01:20 AM
His brother had never been to a show. In the hotel room he probably looked tan. He got a modeling contract out of that show. He's in Hollywood now pursuing acting. He completely quit weight training. He /we uses BB to get him a modeling contract and it worked

layddually
11-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Wish I could compete some day. But I don't see that happening. Just to many things against me.

kazman68
11-19-2012, 02:00 AM
His brother had never been to a show. In the hotel room he probably looked tan. He got a modeling contract out of that show. He's in Hollywood now pursuing acting. He completely quit weight training. He /we uses BB to get him a modeling contract and it worked

Good work Fit! Guys don't realize how bright those lights are and how they can 'wash you out'. Competing can be fun but it's also a lot of work.

Fit Guru
11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I've got lots of people photo shoots and interviews thru my contacts. It helps being friends with Palumbo and contact with Gaspari and BSN.me and Dave have similar views on dieting even tho I don't always run Keto. Most of my women run Keto diets because I thinks it's nessesaey for women if the want to be really lean.

kazman68
11-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I've got lots of people photo shoots and interviews thru my contacts. It helps being friends with Palumbo and contact with Gaspari and BSN.me and Dave have similar views on dieting even tho I don't always run Keto. Most of my women run Keto diets because I thinks it's nessesaey for women if the want to be really lean.

I've talked to" Jumbo" via a few e-mails years ago, very,very knowledgeable guy. Did wonders for Toney Freeman.

Fit Guru
11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I've talked to" Jumbo" via a few e-mails years ago, very,very knowledgeable guy. Did wonders for Toney Freeman.

Well he has his critics but who doesn't . I talk to Chad Nichols alot thru FB. He's a nut case. I love his political views and rants.