PDA

View Full Version : FedEx, UPS investigated for online drug shipments

bdad
11-20-2012, 06:21 AM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The nation's two largest shipping companies said they are targets of a criminal probe related to their dealings with online pharmacies at the center of an international crackdown on prescription drug abuse.

FedEx Corp. and UPS Inc. made the disclosures in regulatory filings over the last several weeks. FedEx spokesman Patrick Fitzgerald confirmed the probe in a prepared statement and a phone interview Thursday.

The federal investigation of the two shipping giants stems from a blitz against online pharmacies that was launched in 2005. Since then, dozens of arrests have been made, thousands of websites shuttered and tens of millions of dollars and pills seized worldwide as investigators continue to broaden the probe beyond the operators.

Last year, Google Inc. agreed to pay $500 million to settle allegations by the U.S. Justice Department that it profited from ads for illegal online pharmacies.

A federal jury on Thursday convicted three men of operating illegal pharmacies that used FedEx and UPS to deliver drugs without proper prescriptions. Seven others have been convicted in San Francisco this year.

Fitzgerald said he didn't know if the FedEx investigation was connected to the San Francisco cases, but U.S. Department of Justice investigators based in San Francisco are looking into issues "related to the transportation of packages for online pharmacies." He called the probe "absurd" and said the Memphis, Tenn., company denied any wrongdoing

A spokesman with the U.S. attorney's office in San Francisco declined to comment. A spokesman for Atlanta-based UPS couldn't be reached after business hours Thursday.

UPS disclosed the investigation Nov. 1 in a regulatory filing reporting its quarterly earnings.

"We have received requests for information from the DOJ in the Northern District of California in connection with a criminal investigation relating to the transportation of packages for online pharmacies that may have shipped pharmaceuticals in violation of federal law," the company stated. UPS said it was cooperating with the investigation and is "exploring the possibility of resolving this matter."

Fit Guru
11-20-2012, 11:34 AM
I know first hand how many pills come thru on any given day. I was allowed to search their racks one morning looking for my own and there were hundreds of envelopes with pills in them. Maybe 1000 or more. I couldn't believe it. She kept saying I had steroids because she knew I was a BB but it was actually Tramadol.

babablacksheep
11-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Holy fuckin shit.....you know that mail order pharmaceuticals won't be around forever

Vicious 13
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I get meds through ups

Fit Guru
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Well they stopped.selling stuff like Lortab online about 6 years ago. That's how I got addicted. I was buying 600 pills a week online at $.50 a piece. I was taking 60 10's a day when I got clean. It was too easy.

zedhed
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
This fuckin Govt shit again pisses me off to no end. It has nothing to do with "our safety" and our govt "watching out for our best interest".
Its all about big pharma demanding that U.S. citizens pay the outragously high prices for the dam drugs. This is all an extended effort by big phama demanding thru their powers of lobby that govt goes after peeps using mostly Canada to get their scripts at an affordable rate.
And its fucking bullshit as usual!

kazman68
11-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Well they stopped.selling stuff like Lortab online about 6 years ago. That's how I got addicted. I was buying 600 pills a week online at $.50 a piece. I was taking 60 10's a day when I got clean. It was too easy.

Remember those days, could buy norco's online with overnight shipping.

Fit Guru
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Oh yea the little yellow gems!!! I loved those . I could actually have some scripts transferred to my local pharmacy. 120 norco 10's for $5

kazman68
11-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Oh yea the little yellow gems!!! I loved those . I could actually have some scripts transferred to my local pharmacy. 120 norco 10's for $5

That's insane...I also used to get Soma's man talking about f*&^ing you up...

Fit Guru
11-20-2012, 09:21 PM
That's insane...I also used to get Soma's man talking about f*&^ing you up...

You ever get the Soma Shuffle?? I took just 4 one time and tried to get out of my car to check the mail 10 feet away and couldn't make it.i was in severe withdrawal from opiates and someone left me 50 in my mailbox and I could get there. Lol I was fucked up!!!

kazman68
11-20-2012, 09:24 PM
You ever get the Soma Shuffle?? I took just 4 one time and tried to get out of my car to check the mail 10 feet away and couldn't make it.i was in severe withdrawal from opiates and someone left me 50 in my mailbox and I could get there. Lol I was fucked up!!!

Soma shuffle..oh yeah, I didn't drink for many years to avoid the excess calories, I did a mix of Xanax or Valium and Soma, like being drunk but better, damn good sex drugs, also did GHB, I'm sure you remember that.

Fit Guru
11-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Lol oh yea it was big for awhile around the gyms

layddually
11-21-2012, 08:05 AM
I had a ton of norco's and Valium wife fucking hid them. Said me taking norco's for a sunburn was bs. LOL

Vicious 13
11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Lol my wife keeps a close eye on how many I eat, but lately she's been eating them at night to sleep I was like AY I'm saving those

Fit Guru
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
I couldn't save Norco's. I took as many as I could get

kazman68
11-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I couldn't save Norco's. I took as many as I could get

X2 Major tolerance...plus always metabolized drugs quickly anyway.

Fit Guru
11-22-2012, 11:33 AM
X2 Major tolerance...plus always metabolized drugs quickly anyway.

We have a lot in common. Wonder if its just our age? But then again there is a certain personality that takes up BB

layddually
11-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Haha don't you hate hat shit when you have to take way more of anything to get what others do and thn an hr later it wore off already. Even stupid shit like ibuprofen if I take less that 4-6 it does nothing.

kazman68
11-22-2012, 08:29 PM
We have a lot in common. Wonder if its just our age? But then again there is a certain personality that takes up BB

I agree with personality..+ age we grew up during/around the same things, I feel like I have almost found my internet twin :)

Fit Guru
11-22-2012, 09:01 PM
I agree with personality..+ age we grew up during/around the same things, I feel like I have almost found my internet twin :)

Lol true!!