PDA

View Full Version : Add

chrisotpherm
11-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Does anyone else have adult add?

I had it as a kid and here recently am having some of the same focus I did as a child. Doing some testing for it now just need my bro's right now as its messing with my mind.

kazman68
11-21-2012, 05:28 AM

I had it as a kid and here recently am having some of the same focus I did as a child. Doing some testing for it now just need my bro's right now as its messing with my mind.

I have bi-polar and it can cause interference with focusing on things,staying on task etc..it's not easy but hang in there, not sure how yours works, mine comes and goes with little or no warning.

Vicious 13
11-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Aderral

Bruiser
11-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Aderral

Yum. Lol. Actually I used to take Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) as a preWO! Fucking awesome!

Bruiser
11-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Not to sound too hippy... but have you tried switching to organic, non processed foods? My 13 year old has real severe ADD and we're able to control it with diet and DHA omega chews. No joke. When he eats processed foods he goes batshit crazy. We did the same thng with my 6 yr old son who has Autism. As long as he's on organic foods and takes his DHA, he does a LOT better. Give it a try.

Lunchbox
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Not to sound too hippy... but have you tried switching to organic, non processed foods? My 13 year old has real severe ADD and we're able to control it with diet and DHA omega chews. No joke. When he eats processed foods he goes batshit crazy. We did the same thng with my 6 yr old son who has Autism. As long as he's on organic foods and takes his DHA, he does a LOT better. Give it a try.

Thats quite interesting Bruiser!

Nelson303
11-21-2012, 10:17 AM
I have BPD. So add is at the top with odd. And aderol and gear is a bad mix. That's what my dr says. And Bruiser is on to something. Once I cleaned out my diet my OCD and add stepped back a little. Sounds gay but I do yoga sometimes for add. It helps looking at the camel toe to fix it. Kidding. But Ganga helps a lot. And it's legal here.

CWB
11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm actually suffering with some severe focus issues myself. after many conversations I think theres a very good chance I suffer from adult attention deficit disorder. I plan on speaking with my neurologist about the possibility of trying Adderol to help with this. I will definitely share anything I find that helps with this. wishing you the best of luck with your issues brother.

Nelson303
11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Sorry about the camel toe. But hypnosis worked really well. And another form of therapy (talk). Can't remember name. But it helps. Hypnosis can bypass certain stuff so you have less trigger points to cause problems. Pm me if you like. Dealing with it for years. But I blow glass in my garage. So kinda great for add.

Ironguruera
11-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Diet is a huge trigger for add. ESP things with red food dyes. My 2 Friends that have add read this and got huge red slurpees in high school. Holy crap 20 minutes later I wanted to jump out of the moving car to get away from them lol.

Try cleaning up your diet as others have suggested. Organic, fresh fruit, veg, meats.

I bet you will find you feel much better add wise.

Costco has reasonable organic meats if u have a Costco by you. Trader joes is also good for meat. It's easy to pick up organic produce anyplace these days.

kazman68
11-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Diet does help and fish oil has so many benefits, one being anti-depressant, focus issues. Like Brusier said.

SisterSteel
11-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't eat anything processed and take in EFA's as well as veggies but still need my adderall. I'm able to take less than my doctor prescribes me but I wouldn't be able to drop it completely.

red crayon
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
I guess we are all suffering from some type of brain problem. I have had a TBI and sometimes its like running around in a fog. Its no fun at all! What I hear, sometimes, isnt what you said. Then what I say isnt what I intended to say. Does that make any sense? My mouth doesnt cooperate with my brain. Im on meds for this brain problem too, carbamazepine (carbatrol). : (

kazman68
11-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I guess we are all suffering from some type of brain problem. I have had a TBI and sometimes its like running around in a fog. Its no fun at all! What I hear, sometimes, isnt what you said. Then what I say isnt what I intended to say. Does that make any sense? My mouth doesnt cooperate with my brain. Im on meds for this brain problem too, carbamazepine (carbatrol). : (

Makes sense, I have episodes like that too..

bigcivic
11-26-2012, 03:56 PM
I have add. Diet does nothing for me used to b on adderal now on concerta some days r better than others. I drive.my wife crazy always got a million projects goin on usually takes me forever to complete them tho just jump into something else. my son also has adhad and my wife has anxiety issues

red crayon
11-27-2012, 01:32 AM
I always get the same thing from everyone, Im sure you guys do too, Oh you look fine there is nothing wrong with you. They dont understand that its inside my head. I know its not working right. : ( I often start a task and get tunnel vision, kinda. I have to finish that task, No matter how long or what it takes, I have to get it finished. How do you explain that stuff to the regular people? I dont know.

chrisotpherm
11-27-2012, 07:43 AM
I really appreciate all the help and shared stories. Have debt with it for years but recently if I don't write it down I can take one stop and have to come back to get what I was suppose to be doing. I will have my results two weeks. I believe they will put me back on meds. 30yrs now bad having to go back on this journey suks but have to do something as being military I have to be on my A game all the time!!! Plus its having affect on my marriage and son who also has severe adhd. I will begin to look a diet as well. Thank you all again!!!