PDA

View Full Version : dammit to hell

zedhed
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok so I know that I have most likely a torn rotator cuff. But dam when I do ez wide grip curls I get the damdest shooting sharp pain down the outside of my arm. WTF??? (from shoulder to elbow)
Gonna try dbl curls next time and see how that goes. Also narrow grip ez curls.
Just whining here..:D

Fuelfan
11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Ouch! Been down that road myself! Do you do any rotator cuff exercises? Everyday before I lift I stretch and do rotator cuff exercises. If you don't I would totally recommend doing them before ever even picking up any weight. The way it was explained to me was that even though my Delts were getting so much stronger I wasn't building my rotator.

Vicious 13
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Use bands that really helped me out... My shoulders still pop out all the time but bands did help

kazman68
11-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Sounds like that bicep tendon is giving you issues, my rotater cuff has bad tendinitis now and it shoots pain all the way down the bicep tendon to where it ties in at the elbow. Gonna try some tb500.

Ironguruera
11-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Sounds like that bicep tendon is giving you issues, my rotater cuff has bad tendinitis now and it shoots pain all the way down the bicep tendon to where it ties in at the elbow. Gonna try some tb500.

Do a log or at least a post on the tb500. Curious how it works for ya

SisterSteel
11-28-2012, 12:31 AM
A friend of mine is running tb500 and she says it's been helping her.

I agree with Kazman, it sounds like your bicep tendon and not your rotator.

kazman68
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Do a log or at least a post on the tb500. Curious how it works for ya

Will do, slightly pulled a quad tonight on top of everything else going on, going to jump on the tb500 and back down the weights, and go higher reps/super sets/pre exaust etc..for the next few weeks.

zedhed
11-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Good to know peeps and a BIG THANKS to everybody.
FuelFan if you would be so kind list out exactly what you do for me bro and thanks man!
It def would not be a bad thing to get in the habit of.
So does anybody have any suggestions what to do for my becep tendon?

kazman68
11-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Ice/heat, I sleep with my arm elevated a bit, Nsaid's can help inflammation. Train lighter for a while it's a bitch I know..I'm going to try tb500 myself, after my quad incident last night.It needs to time to rest up..

red crayon
11-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I used to get lots of pain in my upper arm too. I changed my arm curl form and that helped a lot. A lot of guys will let the bar or dumbbell go all the way down with the arm fully extended. What they dont know is that actully hyper extends your arm. It usually causes lots of pain in the elbow and shoulder area. The trick is to reduce the range that you lift in. At the bottom keep your arm slightly bent, look at your arm when its relaxed it hangs in the slightly bent position. At the top try and hit the chest area just, one or two inches above the nipple line, about center chest. You may not think thats high enough but the biceps pull the wrist toward the shoulder area so taking it to your chin doesnt help do anything but move your shoulder. This will keep constant tension on the biceps and help reduce the pain. Do this on all the tricep exercises too.

Fit Guru
11-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Ok so I know that I have most likely a torn rotator cuff. But dam when I do ez wide grip curls I get the damdest shooting sharp pain down the outside of my arm. WTF??? (from shoulder to elbow)
Gonna try dbl curls next time and see how that goes. Also narrow grip ez curls.
Just whining here..:D

Don't do wide grip EZ curls! Lol

Vicious 13
11-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Careful w shoulders bro!!! Mine have popped out during lifts.... I almost took an 85 lb dumbbell to the face, I never use spotters but that day I had one. Thank god! I think easy that dumbbell would have been my first knockout

zedhed
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I used to get lots of pain in my upper arm too. I changed my arm curl form and that helped a lot. A lot of guys will let the bar or dumbbell go all the way down with the arm fully extended. What they dont know is that actully hyper extends your arm. It usually causes lots of pain in the elbow and shoulder area. The trick is to reduce the range that you lift in. At the bottom keep your arm slightly bent, look at your arm when its relaxed it hangs in the slightly bent position. At the top try and hit the chest area just, one or two inches above the nipple line, about center chest. You may not think thats high enough but the biceps pull the wrist toward the shoulder area so taking it to your chin doesnt help do anything but move your shoulder. This will keep constant tension on the biceps and help reduce the pain. Do this on all the tricep exercises too.

Gr8 advice and thanks bro!

zedhed
11-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Don't do wide grip EZ curls! Lol

Well yah bro! LOL
Ok but it really seems like doing the EZ curls on the narrow part of the bar is too narrow. Maybe just cuz Im not used to that...

zedhed
11-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Careful w shoulders bro!!! Mine have popped out during lifts.... I almost took an 85 lb dumbbell to the face, I never use spotters but that day I had one. Thank god! I think easy that dumbbell would have been my first knockout

Yeah had the dam thing fixed once but now its fugged again. Not even sure how or when I did it this time around.

Vicious 13
11-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Mine was baseball and football in highschool...I worked on them for years then went snowboarding and popped em both out, now I need surgery :( now that I think about it though now might b a good time

Bruiser
11-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Rotator cuff work prior to ANY upper body work. Also try Blue Heat. It's a liniment used on race horses. I go through a bottle a month! Of course I train in my garage and its been about 30-40 degrees in there this past month while training, so keeping the joints and tendons warm isn't easy! Lol

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=492

Fuelfan
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Zed,
Jump on YouTube and look up Lee Hayward's rotator cuff and you will find exactly what you need. I also grab like a 30 lb dumbbell and bend over and allow my arm to dangle relaxed for about 20 second each and that helps to rebuild that fluid sack. Give that a shot! Helped me out a ton.

zedhed
11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks guyz, much appreciation for the help.