PDA

View Full Version : Garlic for bp

layddually
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Woo hoo I have been taking 4k mg of garlic a day and my Bp today is 122/70. It usually closer to 140-150/80-90

Bruiser
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Nice! I've been doing the same thing for a while now. It also helps with acne as well.

Ironguruera
11-30-2012, 10:39 PM
4k?!? Lol I ordered some but its extract 500mg iirc. Where did u get 4grams protocol lay?

I was also hoping it will help with acne as I've read it helps with both.

Ironguruera
11-30-2012, 10:40 PM
My bp had been higher then usual since my last cycle. I used to be 120/78. Lately its 130-150/70.

layddually
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
4k?!? Lol I ordered some but its extract 500mg iirc. Where did u get 4grams protocol lay?

I was also hoping it will help with acne as I've read it helps with both.

Actually I used 1 a day and it lowered slightly so I took two a day and it worked better so I took 4 a day. And now Bp is great I haven't been this low in years. Now that Bruiser mentioned it my acne is much better.

kazman68
12-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Glad to hear layd, garlic has a lot of health benefits.

Ironguruera
12-01-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm sold lol. Hurry up amazon!! I was hoping to get it before the weekend. Hopefully it shows tomorrow.

Ironguruera
12-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Actually I used 1 a day and it lowered slightly so I took two a day and it worked better so I took 4 a day. And now Bp is great I haven't been this low in years. Now that Bruiser mentioned it my acne is much better.

So yours are 1000mg pills then? That's nicer. Mine are only 500mg ea. I'll try 3-4 and see what happens.

layddually
12-01-2012, 05:16 AM
So yours are 1000mg pills then? That's nicer. Mine are only 500mg ea. I'll try 3-4 and see what happens.

Yea mine are 1000 mg took a little looking to find them.

Bruiser
12-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Shit, I get mine at Family Dollar! Check Walmart and Target too. You can find the 1000mg for cheap. And don't buy into the "tasteless" garlic, it's bullshit. I take 2 of the 1000mg 3xday for a total of 6g. Here's some of the benefits I've noticed and read about:

1. lowers blood pressure
2. helps fight acne (natural antibiotic)
3. Increases circulation
4. Increases vascularity
5. When the kids are fighting, burp and blow it on em... puts em right in line! Lol

Ironguruera
12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Bruiser---the odorless is bullshit huh? Time will tell lol.

Good thread guys. I'm a bit of a hippy and prefer natural remedies over scripts if I can.

Bruiser
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Bruiser---the odorless is bullshit huh? Time will tell lol.

Good thread guys. I'm a bit of a hippy and prefer natural remedies over scripts if I can.

I've never noticed a difference in garlic burps with the "odorless" compared to just the cheap ones. Plus the "odorless" are usually at least 3-4x the price.

Vicious 13
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I saw a guy acting all drunk one time... I asked him what was up and he was like garlic for my Bp... We gave him some and we're like wtf he needs to go to sleep...we saw him hour or two later he was good as new... it was weird

Ironguruera
12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I've never noticed a difference in garlic burps with the "odorless" compared to just the cheap ones. Plus the "odorless" are usually at least 3-4x the price.

I'll let u know. I got some body first brand that's extract/odorless for $3 for the bottle. If that's 3 times the price but only $3....lol that's fine.

Bruiser
12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll let u know. I got some body first brand that's extract/odorless for $3 for the bottle. If that's 3 times the price but only $3....lol that's fine.

I get a 200ct bottle of 1000mg capsules for $2-3 usually.

Ironguruera
12-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I get a 200ct bottle of 1000mg capsules for $2-3 usually.

Mine just arrived. Down the hatch they went if I'm burping garlic later I'll throw them right in the trash lol. If rather let my baboon heart race lol.

Bruiser
12-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Mine just arrived. Down the hatch they went if I'm burping garlic later I'll throw them right in the trash lol. If rather let my baboon heart race lol.

Add in some dessicated liver tabs and your farts will smell like someone shit in a hot metal garbage can. Lol

Ironguruera
12-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Add in some dessicated liver tabs and your farts will smell like someone shit in a hot metal garbage can. Lol

Lmfao!!! I actually do take those! I also find this egg protein gives me horrid farts. I had to use Ozium to de stink my car hahahahahha.

kazman68
12-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Lmfao!!! I actually do take those! I also find this egg protein gives me horrid farts. I had to use Ozium to de stink my car hahahahahha.

Bill Grant's ex wife (old school bb) said between the liver tabs and all the egg whites he ate, they had to have a new front seat put in their car, it smelled that bad, she had had it professionally cleaned and said nothing could take the horrid odor away.

bbcoach
12-01-2012, 09:26 PM
man i am going have to try this!!! sometimes i think my head is going to explode!! lol

Ironguruera
12-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Bill Grant's ex wife (old school bb) said between the liver tabs and all the egg whites he ate, they had to have a new front seat put in their car, it smelled that bad, she had had it professionally cleaned and said nothing could take the horrid odor away.

I believe it!! I was horrified how bad it smelled after 5 minutes. I left something in the car and had to grab it. I thought I left a tird on the seat Hahahahah. Good old Ozium air freshner tamed that horrid smell. That Ozium is awesome lol!

If I do double scoops of the egg protein I could knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

One day I let one rip at work. I was alone and it was like 5 minutes to close. A co-worker was walking through my work area and almost fell over lol.

kazman68
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I believe it!! I was horrified how bad it smelled after 5 minutes. I left something in the car and had to grab it. I thought I left a tird on the seat Hahahahah. Good old Ozium air freshner tamed that horrid smell. That Ozium is awesome lol!

If I do double scoops of the egg protein I could knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

One day I let one rip at work. I was alone and it was like 5 minutes to close. A co-worker was walking through my work area and almost fell over lol.

Gotta love the protein farts, I went to the Arnold Classic Expo one year with a girl I was dating, and walking through the crowd you would hit 'pockets' all she could keep saying was omg...holding he nose.

Ironguruera
12-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Gotta love the protein farts, I went to the Arnold Classic Expo one year with a girl I was dating, and walking through the crowd you would hit 'pockets' all she could keep saying was omg...holding he nose.

Lmao! My buddy said the same at the Olympia expo. "Smells like a huge fart in here!"

ordawg1
12-03-2012, 03:31 AM
I am using Niacin and Hawthorn berry-is the garlic better than those ?BP is a constant battle for me.I also heard that hot peppers helped ?Any input ? Thanks-OD

layddually
12-03-2012, 04:07 AM
I am using Niacin and Hawthorn berry-is the garlic better than those ?BP is a constant battle for me.I also heard that hot peppers helped ?Any input ? Thanks-OD

I use niacin as well it's suppose to help lipids. The hawthorn berry doesn't work for me. Garlic works way better and if it does start getting high and you really want it down cayenne pepper extract but be prepared for fire ass after.

exphys88
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Niacin is the only thing ive seen to actually work. It works well on hdl especially.

Ironguruera
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM

I just started using garlic myself so time will tell.

Cayenne pepper is suppose to work well. I found it made my stomach feel like I swallowed hot Coles lol. I haven't noticed anything from Hawthorne but maybe we aren't using enough.

Orange24
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Sting ring!!!

kazman68
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM

OD, I think garlic is just as good as the other's imho the more you throw at it the better you will be, fish oil also comes to mind, your my boss, but that won't stop me from advising you if meds are a LAST RESORT, please check into it..as I said before heart issued are important to me, I feel it's my obligation to warn people about it...it's all out of concern bro...

ordawg1
12-03-2012, 09:26 PM
OD, I think garlic is just as good as the other's imho the more you throw at it the better you will be, fish oil also comes to mind, your my boss, but that won't stop me from advising you if meds are a LAST RESORT, please check into it..as I said before heart issued are important to me, I feel it's my obligation to warn people about it...it's all out of concern bro...

No worries there Kaz-if you and Lay says it works-I am headed down to pick it up. I will stay with my niacin-hawthorn-oils and cayenne and just add the garlic. My lipids are GREAT-but my BP has been weird so Doctor has me on meds as well as all this.Did almost 2 hours cardio( split) today and one gallon of water-this also seems to help. BP is a killer and I am on it. I am open to ALL suggestions. Not too sure about my asshole getting fired up-but at my age might feel good LOL-Thanks guys -OD

kazman68
12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
No worries there Kaz-if you and Lay says it works-I am headed down to pick it up. I will stay with my niacin-hawthorn-oils and cayenne and just add the garlic. My lipids are GREAT-but my BP has been weird so Doctor has me on meds as well as all this.Did almost 2 hours cardio( split) today and one gallon of water-this also seems to help. BP is a killer and I am on it. I am open to ALL suggestions. Not too sure about my asshole getting fired up-but at my age might feel good LOL-Thanks guys -OD

Rofl, Just want you to be ok bro..my lipids are excellent too, which saved my life, the mega high bp (they couldn't get readings sometimes) and atrial fib did a number on me, like I said my heart had stopped beating correctly(Ventricular tachycardia is a pulse rate of more than 100 beats per minute, with at least three irregular heartbeats in a row.) for 9 secs in the hospital due to an experimental med. I am thankful to be here and take my meds religiously, they have definitely helped heal my heart.

layddually
12-03-2012, 11:37 PM
If you take a pepper capsule and have a little on your meals through out the day helps with heartburn and fire ass. The garlic and other stuff is a must.

ordawg1
12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Am on it-hoping not bad " FIRE ASS" !! Your story scares the shit out of me Kaz.I have had bad luck with my health as many of you know. I'll do anything to feel healthy-Thanks-OD

Ironguruera
12-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Kaz---tb500 is said to repair the heart iirc.

I got some krill oil and garlic guys.

I'd like to get mine back down to 120/78 again. Last dr visit it was 134/70 but when I sliced my hand open before turkey day at er it was 155/80 ...but I'm sure I was nerved up. I just did 90 in a 40mph zone trying to get to urgent care before they closed lol....stupid lady lied and they had been closed for 30 minutes lol. Epic fail.

I'll let u guys know how the garlic works for me.

kazman68
12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Kaz---tb500 is said to repair the heart iirc.

I got some krill oil and garlic guys.

I'd like to get mine back down to 120/78 again. Last dr visit it was 134/70 but when I sliced my hand open before turkey day at er it was 155/80 ...but I'm sure I was nerved up. I just did 90 in a 40mph zone trying to get to urgent care before they closed lol....stupid lady lied and they had been closed for 30 minutes lol. Epic fail.

I'll let u guys know how the garlic works for me.

I was wondering about the TB500 and the heart, with the regenerative properties I could see that. Coreg is also a big med that helps control bp as well as heal heart tissue, I know my heart has healed quite a bit, I;m curious to what my ejection fraction is now. OD I'm glad your looking after your health, I know you battle with other issues, and I can see you being one tough,stubborn,sob...but have the brains to know your not bulletproof. I hope you continue to get better.

ordawg1
12-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Started garlic and cayenne caps today.This is in addition to Hawthorn-salmon-Omega-Krill oils and Niacin-plus one med from the doctor.No " fire ass " so far. Will post you guys and see where BP goes. Thanks-OD

red crayon
12-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Before I came here I did all my body building "Naturally" So I had to learn a lot about Vitamins. Some of the ones you have discussed here Red pepper and such need to be taken with a meal. It prevents the fire ass,lol. If there is a smell with the garlic same thing. The only thing that I know of that gets rid of the bad fart smells is Fabreze. Its usually caused by incomplete digestion and methane. Probiotics help too. You might also want to check out some antioxidants too. Like Vitamin C and resveratrol.
I found that spacing my protein intake out throughout the day helps with the smell, oh and chlorophyll helps take most of the bad fart smell away. Use the kind made from alfalfa it works best. Gezz now my head hurts, I think I used it to much. lol.