PDA

View Full Version : Flu season

ordawg1
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM
looks to be a real bitch.How many gys get a flu shot ?Be sure to stock up on your flu remedies and share with your bros here if they work for you.Keep plenty of hand sanitizer in the car and your gym bag. Gyms- schools-markets etc are a breeding ground so let's be careful guys and gals.Damn-I hate flu season and it goes all the way thru Feb. This year is starting early. -Luck-OD

Skyling35
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
No flu shot for me. When I have gotten the shot I still get the flu. Waste of fuckin money if you ask me unless your at risk due to other diseases.

Vicious 13
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I've watched to much conspiracy theory lol

Bruiser
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I've watched to much conspiracy theory lol

I agree with ya bro. My 6 year old son was diagnosed with Autism. Since we stopped the vaccinations he has done a 180. We run a support/social group for families living with Autism and have seen the same thing with every person we know. I don't care what the (rigged) "studies" say, first hand experience tells me there is a HUGE connection. So no, we don't even do flu shots in our house.

Guys, if you disagree with me here please don't start an argument about this with me (not that any of you would) because this is a very personal issue to me and my family and I'm just sharing my opinion here and not looking to argue. Thanks guys/gals.

Bruiser
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Now, on the subject of flu and germs. There's always four things I stay stocked up on during the cold and flu season.

1. Zinc
2. Vitamin C
3. Lysol
4. Hand sanitizer

Load up on C and Zinc. And actually you can use both to help promote muscle gains as well. Pick up some ZMA to take at bedtime (helps increase Test and promotes restful sleep) and take either chewable C or a powder like Emergen-C with your preWO supplement (for some reason the rapid absorption of C seems to increase the effect of preWO stims/pump products). Every morning, noon and night spray your house down with Lysol.

layddually
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I agree with ya bro. My 6 year old son was diagnosed with Autism. Since we stopped the vaccinations he has done a 180. We run a support/social group for families living with Autism and have seen the same thing with every person we know. I don't care what the (rigged) "studies" say, first hand experience tells me there is a HUGE connection. So no, we don't even do flu shots in our house.

Guys, if you disagree with me here please don't start an argument about this with me (not that any of you would) because this is a very personal issue to me and my family and I'm just sharing my opinion here and not looking to argue. Thanks guys/gals.

100% agree with you. When vaccines increased autism increased. It doesn't take a scientist to put 2 & 2 together. But Unfortunatly the American public have been dumbed down to believe the government is here to protect them and they would never do anything to hurt us. LOL it will never end until the sheepeople wake up.

Nelson303
12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Bruiser. I'm with you. All bull shit. But now out here only private and charter schools are only ones that will not make your kids get them. Cant enter public system without all shots and records. Sucks.

Vicious 13
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Last time I went to the doc he injected me the something for pain and something for inflation... Whatever it was messed me up bad... Went to er next day to be hooked to an Iv

Bruiser
12-04-2012, 03:51 PM
100% agree with you. When vaccines increased autism increased. It doesn't take a scientist to put 2 & 2 together. But Unfortunatly the American public have been dumbed down to believe the government is here to protect them and they would never do anything to hurt us. LOL it will never end until the sheepeople wake up.

The problem is this: the AMA is who supervises vaccination and does the studies. It's also the AMA who sets the safety protocols for vaccinations. So there's no way in hell that they're gonna say what they're doing is outright causing the increase in Autism Spectrum Disorder.

You wanna talk conspiracy? The state educational system lets school districts set their own standards for how often children must get vaccinations or boosters done. Usually it's EVERY year. But what worries me is the fact that schools get anywhere from 2-5x the amount of money from the state for every child enrolled who has a disability! How can anyone look at that and NOT think the schools want to cause this? Wtf?!

exphys88
12-04-2012, 06:37 PM

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because 2 things happen does not mean that one caused the other, it's basic research science. It's one thing to argue conspiracy theories about the AMA, but it's bad science to conclude that just because at the time that vaccines increased, autism increased that that amounts to proof. Not to mention that every single study except the one done by a criminal has concluded no connection, including studies done that the AMA has no connection to and studies done in other countries. Additionally, the preservative that was accused as being the culprit is no longer being used and we're still seeing a high rate of autism. And, the fact that kids get vaccines right around the age that autism first appears is just a coincidence because even in kids that aren't vaccinated, they start showing signs of autism at the same age.
The problem is that we have lay people with very little knowledge about research and/or medicine fighting fights with experts in the field. A similar situation would be if I was diagnosed with cancer, a really difficult type of cancer and arguing with the nations top cancer expert on what the best treatment would be.

exphys88
12-04-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry Bruiser, I know you asked nobody to argue because it's personal for you, but it's also personal for me. I have 2 small children who have to go to school with kids that aren't vaccinated and it pisses me off when i keep reading about the increasing rates of diseases that are easily prevented and were once hardly ever heard of.

Bruiser
12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry Bruiser, I know you asked nobody to argue because it's personal for you, but it's also personal for me. I have 2 small children who have to go to school with kids that aren't vaccinated and it pisses me off when i keep reading about the increasing rates of diseases that are easily prevented and were once hardly ever heard of.

Fuck you. I'm done with this forum.

Vicious 13
12-04-2012, 06:56 PM
What diseases are we talking about here?

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Fuck you. I'm done with this forum.

really? Just because myself and every reputable medical organization disagrees?

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
What diseases are we talking about here?

whooping cough reached epidemic levels in 2010. 10 babies died in CA from it, which is preventable by vaccine.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/features/california-whooping-cough-epidemic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

Vicious 13
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Ido t know if I had that vaccine as a child I guess I'm not educated enough o really speak on the matter here I just watch a lot of tv

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Ido t know if I had that vaccine as a child I guess I'm not educated enough o really speak on the matter here I just watch a lot of tv

measles is up 250% in the US too.

layddually
12-04-2012, 07:25 PM
There is a chemical in vaccines known to cause autism. I wasn't just pulling shit out of my ass with that. The levels that are in the vaccines are only safe for say a 300lbs man not a child.

Yes and let's talk about measles I was given the vaccine for that a week later I had it. Having the measles right before hitting puberty fucked up my test production.

layddually
12-04-2012, 07:34 PM
This, however, is the second recent judgement to come to this conclusion. Earlier this year a US court also ruled that the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine can cause autism.
In a ruling that kept very quiet in the press, the US Court of Federal Claims has conceded that the mercury-based preservative thimerosal, which was in vaccines until 2002, caused autism in the case of one child.

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:43 PM
This, however, is the second recent judgement to come to this conclusion. Earlier this year a US court also ruled that the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine can cause autism.
In a ruling that kept very quiet in the press, the US Court of Federal Claims has conceded that the mercury-based preservative thimerosal, which was in vaccines until 2002, caused autism in the case of one child.

You're quoting a court case, not a scientific study, lol. Not to mention that EVERY single study ever done has never found a link.

And, you are pulling it out of your ass that a chemical in vaccines causes autism. It's never been demonstrated. If you're referring to thimerosal, then why since we stopped using it has autism continued to skyrocket?

I challenge you to find one scientific study that has found a link, I can produce many that have not. There have been many done, including meta-analysis of many large studies in multiple nations.

And your experience with measles only reinforces that you should've had the vaccine sooner.

layddually
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm done arguing this is a dead end subject. You go right ahead and trust your kids health to a government that is corrupt by big pharma.

Bruiser
really? Just because myself and every reputable medical organization disagrees?

No. Because I said just don't come at me about it, and you purposely did. And any forum that would have a fucking cunt like you as a moderator... I won't no part of.

exphys88
I'm done arguing this is a dead end subject. You go right ahead and trust your kids health to a government that is corrupt by big pharma.

do you know why we no longer have polio? Have you ever met someone who had that disease?

it's not the gov that I trust, it's all the medical associations that support the research. and, my own ability to discern the research.

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
No. Because I said just don't come at me about it, and you purposely did. And any forum that would have a fucking cunt like you as a moderator... I won't no part of.

I never mentioned you in my post. I responded to the other guys rant about ama conspiracy theories.

If you are going to take the time to spread ignorant information, you should be prepared to be called out on it. This has nothing to do with your kid, it has to to with the spreading of misinformation by people who don't know what they're talking about and are going off of emotion and not science. The science is very clear.

Bruiser
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
You're quoting a court case, not a scientific study, lol. Not to mention that EVERY single study ever done has never found a link.

And, you are pulling it out of your ass that a chemical in vaccines causes autism. It's never been demonstrated. If you're referring to thimerosal, then why since we stopped using it has autism continued to skyrocket?

How many times have those kids who've been diagnosed since gotten vaccinated BEFORE they stopped using Therm? Of course there's still gonna be cases of it genius! You can't undo the damage that's already done! And if you trust the fucking vaccines so much, why are you worried? Your kids are vaccinated so there shouldn't be anything to worry about right? And with that I bid you fond FUCK YOU!

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:54 PM
How many times have those kids who've been diagnosed since gotten vaccinated BEFORE they stopped using Therm? Of course there's still gonna be cases of it genius! You can't undo the damage that's already done! And if you trust the fucking vaccines so much, why are you worried? Your kids are vaccinated so there shouldn't be anything to worry about right? And with that I bid you fond FUCK YOU!

the rates of autism of kids that have not been vaccinated with that preservative have continued to grow. If it was thimerasol, why haven't the rates of new borns decreased. Why can't you or any other anti vaccine nutcase produce a shred of scientific evidence of a connection? why does every single reputable science and medical organization claim there is no link?

exphys88
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. This forum supports science, not conspiracy theories. If you have actual science to back up your claims, we'd love to see it.

ineedtogrow
12-04-2012, 08:03 PM
as for the Autism thing. when my daughter was born she was coming along very well with all of her learning steps. she was starting to talk and do a lot of really smart things before she was a year old. Then we took her in to get her immunization shots, she ended up getting a slight fever 101* was the highest we recorded and it didn't last very long. soon we started noticing that everything that she had learned was all going away and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. after taking her to the doctor for many test we found out that she had Autism. she is my only child that I will ever get immunized when they are supposed to be. I know without a doubt in my mind that if I didn't take my daughter in to get immunized when I did that she probably would be fine today. if you could have seen her eyes change like I had to you would understand

exphys88
12-04-2012, 08:08 PM
as for the Autism thing. when my daughter was born she was coming along very well with all of her learning steps. she was starting to talk and do a lot of really smart things before she was a year old. Then we took her in to get her immunization shots, she ended up getting a slight fever 101* was the highest we recorded and it didn't last very long. soon we started noticing that everything that she had learned was all going away and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. after taking her to the doctor for many test we found out that she had Autism. she is my only child that I will ever get immunized when they are supposed to be. I know without a doubt in my mind that if I didn't take my daughter in to get immunized when I did that she probably would be fine today. if you could have seen her eyes change like I had to you would understand

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. autism would've hit around the same age with or without vaccinations. It happens in kids that don't get vaccinated too. They experience normal development, and then at about 1-3 things start to slow down or regress.

correlation does not equal causation.

layddually
12-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Mr science wouldn't under stand because there is no chart in front of him to explain it because he can't figure shit out on his own.

exphys88
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Mr science wouldn't under stand because there is no chart in front of him to explain it because he can't figure shit out on his own.

You do realize that nearly all autism cases develop the exact same way without vaccines? Care to explain how that happens? I could easily say that at the age of 1 I got my kid a new pair of nikes and soon he started regressing in his development. Therefore, since the nikes came along at the same time as autism, it must've been the nikes.

why, when we compare rates of autism between kids vaccinated and those not vaccinated, there is no difference?

ineedtogrow
12-04-2012, 08:15 PM
new studies have shown that if the woman gets sick at all during pregnancy the chance of your child having Autism is a lot greater. I really don't know what the hell causes it, but I know that there weren't nearly as many kids 30yrs ago born with Autism as there is today.

layddually
12-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Your the one that brought up the measles vacc. That's a very sore subject with me. It literally made my life a living hell. How is it a week after getting that vacc i came down with meales? I for get you have all the credentials there to back up your knowledge.

exphys88
12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
new studies have shown that if the woman gets sick at all during pregnancy the chance of your child having Autism is a lot greater. I really don't know what the hell causes it, but I know that there weren't nearly as many kids 30yrs ago born with Autism as there is today.

you are correct, we are finding quite a few risk factors, with sickness being one of them. another is the age of the father. there is no doubt that the rate is growing and it's probably environmental, but really the case is closed on vaccines. The first argument was thimerasol, which is no longer used and the rates are still growing.

exphys88
12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Your the one that brought up the measles vacc. That's a very sore subject with me. It literally made my life a living hell. How is it a week after getting that vacc i came down with meales? I for get you have all the credentials there to back up your knowledge.

It actually takes a while for a vaccination to provide protection-about 4 weeks for most with mumps, I'd assume measles is similar, here is a link to the cdc website.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/mumps/vac-faqs-tech.htm

"How long does it take to develop immunity to mumps after vaccination with MMR?

In one study, 86.6% of vaccinees had evidence of mumps seroconversion at 4 weeks after immunization and 93.3% had evidence of seroconversion after 5 weeks. However, seroconversion may not result in immunity. About 80% of persons who have received one dose can be considered protected and 90% after two doses."

exphys88
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/48/4/456.full

studies showing no link between vaccines and autism:

studies showing no link between thimerasol and autism:

ineedtogrow
12-04-2012, 08:23 PM
you know, I gave myself the first pin on a cycle and 24hrs later I was sick as a fucking dog. I got the flu. 4 days later I still have it, but i'm not about to quit cycling.

SisterSteel
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
The Flu is going to be terrible this year. It's warmer than usual down here so it's going to run rampart. The cold kills off the flu as well as the mosquitoes. I'm not a fan of cold weather but it's necessary.

ineedtogrow
12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
even though i have always felt that the immunizations gave my daughter Autism it still hasn't stopped us from immunizing our other children. we don't do it when they are supposed to get them, but they do eventually get them.

ordawg1
12-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Whoa folks-I am sorry I started this thread now.I was merely asking for ideas about what kind of prevention you use -so could pass on to one another.Is OK to agree to disagree-but lets stay on topic.I sincerely apoligiize if I started something as was not my intention I assure you.I can close the thread-but I would think that healthy discussion helps everybody-Thanks-OD

exphys88
12-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Not your fault at all OD. It's a sensitive topic and sometimes emotion clouds judgement.

Fit Guru
12-05-2012, 01:25 AM
This thread needs to stop!!! We are friends here and this is not going to seperate us!!!

ordawg1
12-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Agreed-OD