PDA

View Full Version : Insanity

ordawg1
12-05-2012, 12:41 PM
anybody here try that workout ? Looks to be a real bitch-but also looks to be decent.I am a big guy-but LOVE crazy ass cardio /circut type of routines.Am too damn old to get monster big again-but insane cardio really makes me feel GREAT !!I actually did Zumba classes with the bride and was great.Sounds kind of gay-but lots of pussy to look at and that inspires the hell out of this old dawg:D LOL.Any of you guys/gals do crazy ass cardio routines ?Thanks-OD

Vicious 13
12-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Insanity IMO is good... My wife was doing it with two of her friends before the whole baby thing... It's very intense and really produces results

Fuelfan
12-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I like to do 36"box jumps and jumprope supersets. I usually do 8 sets of 15 box jumps with 200 rotations on the rope. That beats my ass!

vinchenzo79
12-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I did P90X years ago, very comparable to insanity. I dropped a ton of weight bro. Didn't get Tony Horton ripped though. At that time i was really over weight an prior to the gym an AAS. It works man, hard as shit though!! Dropped a lot fat fast an felt really good. If I tried to do it again, id prob pass out lol. The plyometrics was no joke too. It's like the Richard Simons of cardio. 😆

kazman68
12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
It looks to be a good program..I love that red-head lady on the commercial sexy...

ordawg1
12-06-2012, 02:27 AM
It looks to be a good program..I love that red-head lady on the commercial sexy...

I'll have to check out that red head. Just something about redheads that make me go wild .To be honest-I like most all women lol-OD

exphys88
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM
It's all good. The best type of cardio is the type you're most willing to do IMO.

I'm currently doing my Triple 3 in preparation for climbing season and a tough mudder in June:

Sets of 20
3 sets
No rest between lifts, 3 min rest between each circuit.

Squats-bench-row

Step ups-lunges-dips

Shoulder press-heel raises-pull ups

3 days/week I do an hour of cardio and abs.

This workout is an absolute killer. Going from 20 squats to 20 bench and then 20 rows w no rest is insane. Once I get 20 on all 3 sets, I raise the weight.

Fit Guru
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
It's all good. The best type of cardio is the type you're most willing to do IMO.

I'm currently doing my Triple 3 in preparation for climbing season and a tough mudder in June:

Sets of 20
3 sets

Squats-bench-row

Step ups-lunges-dips

This workout is an absolute killer. Going from 20 squats to 20 bench and then 20 rows w no rest is insane. Once I get 20 on all 3 sets, I raise the weight.

Your doing a "tough muddier"? We just had one. My friends just had a bunch of pics. I didn't go

exphys88
12-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Your doing a "tough muddier"? We just had one. My friends just had a bunch of pics. I didn't go

Yep, June of next year. This is the time of year that I'm in the best shape because of mountaineering.

Although I'm fat by bb standards I'm very fit cardiovascular wise. I have passed so many climbers at 13,000 ft and know they're thinking, "how the hell did that guy just pass me?"
I train smart and hard, but I know if I don't drop my bf down, some of the obstacles will be too tough for me.

ordawg1
12-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Sets of 20
3 sets

Squats-bench-row

Step ups-lunges-dips

That is one great workout IMO.I did your other workout for 3 months and was awesome. I had to tweak a bit-but my cardio for climbing-hiking -rafting was stellar.
What compounds are you using to prepare for mudder ? OD

exphys88
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
That is one great workout IMO.I did your other workout for 3 months and was awesome. I had to tweak a bit-but my cardio for climbing-hiking -rafting was stellar.
What compounds are you using to prepare for mudder ? OD

Just test and mast. 500 test, 450 mast for 3 months, then cruise on 300 mg test up to race day. All AP gear.

kazman68
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'll have to check out that red head. Just something about redheads that make me go wild .To be honest-I like most all women lol-OD

I hear you brother!

ordawg1
12-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Just test and mast. 500 test, 450 mast for 3 months, then cruise on 300 mg test up to race day. All AP gear.

PERFECT !! Where do you hit at 7 out on 300mg ? I am guessing pretty high and you are using an AI ? Thanks-OD

exphys88
12-06-2012, 10:03 PM
PERFECT !! Where do you hit at 7 out on 300mg ? I am guessing pretty high and you are using an AI ? Thanks-OD

That puts me at 1000-1100-7 days out. Estrogen stays around 30 w/o an AI.

ordawg1
12-06-2012, 11:29 PM
That puts me at 1000-1100-7 days out. Estrogen stays around 30 w/o an AI.

PERFECT-those are great numbers-OD

mryar
12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I tried insanity for a few weeks, good stuff. I wouldn't run that program all by itself, too much plyo and not enough anything else. I wish they did a rotation of exercises in the video (still keeping it cardio). Will kill your ankles in 2 weeks or less. I like to use it 1x a week when I'm not playing basketball. (in addition to a std weight lifting progrm). When I do insanity (though I only have the trial disk), I usually follow them through the warmup, then when they go back to the ply, I do situps and alternate between what they do and situps/pushups.

I run in the woods and play a fair amount of basketball and insanity still ruins my ankles, not sure how other people get through the program without issues

ucsdguy29
01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
im going to do it...do you guys lift as well on days when you do the insanity/p90x workoutS? how is your energy level? I won't give up lifting but wonder how much energy I'll have to keep up with my weight regimen as well

ordawg1
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
im going to do it...do you guys lift as well on days when you do the insanity/p90x workoutS? how is your energy level? I won't give up lifting but wonder how much energy I'll have to keep up with my weight regimen as well

I do extreme cardio on days when I don't lift.On days when I lift-I limit cardio to one hour.-OD

SisterSteel
01-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Isn't it just plyo training? Plyo's def help cut bodyfat with the HIT style of cardio. Many professional athletes use that style of conditioning in their training regimen.

ordawg1
01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Isn't it just plyo training? Plyo's def help cut bodyfat with the HIT style of cardio. Many professional athletes use that style of conditioning in their training regimen.

Mostly-but it makes me feel better than the Zumba class where I am in there with 98 % women !! Actually in all honesty-I kinda like the Zumba as it gives me more time to check out the scenery lol.Damn Insanity is super fast and hard to look around -OD

bigmike88
02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
My buddys on round 2 and he's shedding fat like its his job. I loose concentration and focus tho =\

Ebo10
04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I loved insanity for the first two workouts. I could tell it was kicking my ass into great shape, but, after that I noticed my ankles where taking a serious beating along with my bad knees from baseball, I was a catcher all the way thru college so my knees have some serious issues.
It's a great high intensity training tho. I can see it helping with explosion strength I'd recommend to any wrestler, baseball or football player looking to condition for the upcoming season.