PDA

View Full Version : Rowing

Orange24
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
This be ok for cardio a couple times a week?...maybe 15-20 min. I do NOT want to lose ANY muscle ..

neoclassical
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Rowing's great for cardio, just set the damper between 3 and 4 (resisitance of water) and keep your stroke rating between 20-26 at 2:00 min per 500 meters....

Orange24
12-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Awesome awesome . This ok when trying to bulk?

Orange24
12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Rowed for 15 mins today. Actually really liked it. Looked really pumped after

neoclassical
12-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Awesome awesome . This ok when trying to bulk?

Should be fine, as long as your calories are high enough. If you heart rate is getting to high, reduce your split time per 500 meters rather than your stroke rate.

chrisotpherm
12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
When I was bulking last year I made it mandatory to row. As it helped develop my back muscle and is a great alternative cardio for low impact. I didn't loose any muscle mass from use and actually gained from the continually movement. Slam down a protein shake 30mins for you do any cardio and will help with muscle atrophy issues imo.

ordawg1
12-19-2012, 03:25 AM
I row EOD for approx 45 minutes and then go to my spinning session with a bunch of insane women.I have plenty of mass-OD

Orange24
12-19-2012, 03:46 AM
What pace u go at OD

ordawg1
12-19-2012, 01:50 PM
What pace u go at OD

I vary it greatly-more HIIT or just pure interval.Neo has great suggestions-I have a lil difficulty reading the monitor due to vision.I play more with my heart rate and adjust from that point.But-I don't really feel that cardio makes a guy lose mass. Or-at least for me as I am a beast lol-Luck-OD

Ironguruera
12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
I row EOD for approx 45 minutes and then go to my spinning session with a bunch of insane women.I have plenty of mass-OD

U just go to pick up on the women don't you?

neoclassical
12-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I vary it greatly-more HIIT or just pure interval.Neo has great suggestions-I have a lil difficulty reading the monitor due to vision.I play more with my heart rate and adjust from that point.But-I don't really feel that cardio makes a guy lose mass. Or-at least for me as I am a beast lol-Luck-OD
^^^^^
Hell yeah!
I rowed in highschool and college, and while I super lanky at the time (6'4 190#), I feel I developed the foundation of my lat spread from this. I do super sets with wide gip pulls ups to bent over rows and finally pullovers. This has allways givin good results, but adding in the rower allways seems to bring out that v-taper just a little bit further.

ordawg1
12-20-2012, 01:47 PM
You guys are absolutely correct about going for the women !! lol But-I also believe most BBs don't do enough cardio-or maybe not enough duration.I vary from rowing to spinning-yoga ( lots of women in nice positions) Eliptical - treadmill and stairmaster.That way the lil hotties can check out monster wheels on the old man.Yoga isn't really cardio-but is great for lots of things like breating and stretching.I have tried a few Zumba classes and they purely kick ass-PLUS.......lots of WOMEN.IMO cardio gives a guy more of a 3 D look -not just big and blocky.Have fun guys-OD

SisterSteel
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
It's a misconception that if you do cardio you'll lose all your size. I train BJJ 4-5x week for 2hrs each time and I don't have an issue keeping my size. Just adjust your diet accordingly and you'll be fine.

Ebo10
04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
It's a misconception that if you do cardio you'll lose all your size. I train BJJ 4-5x week for 2hrs each time and I don't have an issue keeping my size. Just adjust your diet accordingly and you'll be fine.

Amen! You are what you eat! Wait,,, does that make me a pussy?

Tituse
10-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Orange,
Rowing is great workout to burn fat, boost stamina and lose weight. Rowing builds strength, tone muscles and improves coordination. Rowing improves heart health, strengthens the immune system and reduce the risk of cancer, stress, cardiovascular and disease.
website (http://www.grayslakechiropractors.com/libertyville-chiropractor-2/)
--------------------
Atkinson Chiropractic
15 Commerce Drive #108 Grayslake, IL 60030 (847)-223-3158

red crayon
10-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Tituse, You are right. Rowing has other benefits as well. If you want to try and add more cuts to your back its a good way to improve the definition in your back muscles. I have also found that I can reduce the size of my love handles, the area in the lower back just above the hips on both sides, by doing a few sessions of rowing. A couple of 30 minute sessions for a few weeks. It helps my waist appear smaller.