PDA

View Full Version : Army reserve

Vicious 13
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Who's got some info for me?

red crayon
01-04-2013, 09:46 PM
I would go to the National Guard instead. My son is in the National Guard and I think its the best.

Vicious 13
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks I'm going to look thy up right now.

red crayon
01-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I would recomend the Air Force National Guard but they are all good!

kazman68
01-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Who's got some info for me?

Good deal Vicious, it's a long story but I scored well on the asvab and planned to enlist then eventually go to officer;s training school (this was my recruiters best idea for me) and I was in Cinnci to join, me and a guy made a wrong turn into the restaurant where we were supposed to eat and went into the bar instead, ordered a beer each and 4 show up Happy Hour! I got so drunk I failed the Breathalyzer the next day, one of those what if moments for me again, I salute you for your interest.

Gman13
01-04-2013, 11:24 PM
I ask the same question about the reserve one day and I was told , if I was gonna do it, do it all the way ! And I have to say it was the best experience of my life. I've been out since 2007. It was great for me and my family. I have 2 deployments under my belt and from my experience the reserve guys got the shortest deal when it came to deployments and allot of them where k.I.a do to lack of training .you have to keep in mind that yes they will pay for your schooling and medical , but you are giving them your life. Allot of people forget that and think it's all about the free schooling but le t me remind you that we are a nation at war and there's no telling when you will be called to serve your country. Not trying to scare you , just keeping it real with you brotha

Vicious 13
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I hear ya. Id b doing it mainly to buy another house w a better loan. Maybe it's the wrong reason

Gman13
01-04-2013, 11:31 PM
In that case than I would have to say , hell no !

red crayon
01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
What ever the reason is it wont hurt to check into it. For most people it opens their eyes and they realize what the military really does. They protect us and risk their own lives to keep everyone else safe! I was in the Air Force and my son is in the Army National Guard. He has been to Iraq and Afganistan. I went to California. Its a sign of the times. I got a good conduct medal and he got a bronze star. What ever you decide it never hurts to collect all the facts.

AgentYes
01-05-2013, 07:07 AM
What ever the reason is it wont hurt to check into it. For most people it opens their eyes and they realize what the military really does. They protect us and risk their own lives to keep everyone else safe! I was in the Air Force and my son is in the Army National Guard. He has been to Iraq and Afganistan. I went to California. Its a sign of the times. I got a good conduct medal and he got a bronze star. What ever you decide it never hurts to collect all the facts.

I like this. As mentioned it's not the scholarship program some people think it us, but looking into it won't hurt and probably will be enriching in several ways.

Minxen33
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Go Army!!!

Vicious 13
01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
It's something I'm going to look into for sure.

babablacksheep
01-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Vicious you should pm christopherm he is a army drill sergeant....I bet he's got some info for ya

Vicious 13
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Your right I forgot about that! Thanks bro

chrisotpherm
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
You need to PM me ASAP!!! I am currently serving and will help you!!!

chrisotpherm
01-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Bump. I will help you brother!!!