PDA

View Full Version : why did I do it

xdude
01-11-2013, 11:15 AM
I went to the docs and he talked me into the flu shot and the tetnis/wooping cough shot.

now of course I am stiff , sore and injection point hurts

and why do they always inject you in the shoulder joint?
cause it has to be intra muscular..

I sore and think it better to not work out ...
why did I let him talk me into it

xdude

exphys88
01-11-2013, 11:48 AM
If you've ever seen anyone die from tetanus, it's the worst thing ever. You'll be fine.

Vicious 13
01-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I have to get a tetanus shot I think like every year because of the job I do. It hurts a little but nothing crazy... They will give u the shot anywhere u want if u ask them. I haven't got the flu shot but tetanus is a must you'll b fine in a day or two

xdude
01-11-2013, 02:22 PM
the flu shot gives you a weak version of the flu ..no real fever just aches and pains in joints

they told me that the tetanus was going to hurt for 2 days... at point of inject...
so I don't need the shoulder injection.. ( wish I new that )

Ironguruera
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I'll never get the flu shot personally.

I had a tetanus a few weeks back. I didn't get an pip from it. Nothing like the 440mg/ml test my buddy made lol . In the shoulder that was rough lol. I called it thunder fuck 2012 !

exphys88
01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I'll never get the flu shot personally.

I had a tetanus a few weeks back. I didn't get an pip from it. Nothing like the 440mg/ml test my buddy made lol . In the shoulder that was rough lol. I called it thunder fuck 2012 !

I don't get it either, but I'm wishing I did now! This flu is the worst I've ever had.

xdude
01-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I had the flu last year ..but truth be told I never get the flu shot... you have about 1 in 20 shot every year and eventually it comes due .. I was out of work for a week and was getting shit from my boss.... come to find out that reason she was giving me grief is every one else was out.. well maybe if you were not such a Nazi about working from home then maybe we would not all be sick .. ( Ill stop my rant now)
the thing that really threw me for a loop was how dizzy I was .. I remember being in the shower, sneezing , and it completely threw my inner ear balance out of wack . the world was spinning at about 15 rotations a minute... I grabbed onto shower wall for support . then realised if the world was spinning this fast then the house would be in crumbling in a tornado like in Kansas. the world wasn't spinning ..
but it was so bad I was worried I was going to fall down.

this was the way it was for first 2 days .. sneeze and hang on for the ride ...
if you got the flu now ... I wish you well... I am wondering if I got the shot in time

exphys88
01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
I had the flu last year ..but truth be told I never get the flu shot... you have about 1 in 20 shot every year and eventually it comes due .. I was out of work for a week and was getting shit from my boss.... come to find out that reason she was giving me grief is every one else was out.. well maybe if you were not such a Nazi about working from home then maybe we would not all be sick .. ( Ill stop my rant now)
the thing that really threw me for a loop was how dizzy I was .. I remember being in the shower, sneezing , and it completely threw my inner ear balance out of wack . the world was spinning at about 15 rotations a minute... I grabbed onto shower wall for support . then realised if the world was spinning this fast then the house would be in crumbling in a tornado like in Kansas. the world wasn't spinning ..
but it was so bad I was worried I was going to fall down.

this was the way it was for first 2 days .. sneeze and hang on for the ride ...
if you got the flu now ... I wish you well... I am wondering if I got the shot in time

It's pretty awful, but I honestly think this is the first time I've ever had the flu. My body is just pretty resilient to it for some reason. I was just bragging bout how vie never had it too, lol.

NTL
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Flu season has been pretty bad here this year.A few weeks ago they shut school for a few day so many kids had it.My 16 year old daughter caught it but nobody else in the family yet.

kazman68
01-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I had it so bad one year, I literally had to craw to the bathroom, my joints ached so bad, fever,bad cough, I actually broke out in a rash at the end, it was wicked I was sick 7 days straight...we take for granted when were well...

exphys88
01-11-2013, 10:14 PM
I had it so bad one year, I literally had to craw to the bathroom, my joints ached so bad, fever,bad cough, I actually broke out in a rash at the end, it was wicked I was sick 7 days straight...we take for granted when were well...

It's a nasty bug. 20-40 million people died in 1918 from it.

ordawg1
01-12-2013, 12:10 AM
I get my shot every year-but still no gurantee.Try to wash your hands several times a day-and stay out of crowded places is all we can do.If you get sick-stay hydrated-Luck Guys-OD

exphys88
01-12-2013, 12:16 AM
I get my shot every year-but still no gurantee.Try to wash your hands several times a day-and stay out of crowded places is all we can do.If you get sick-stay hydrated-Luck Guys-OD

Yeah, working at a gym and having kids in preschool is a guarantee I'd get it lol.

xdude
01-12-2013, 01:54 PM
on the bright side took 2 days off ( because the shots makes your joints sore) I had a great work out this morning ... lifted pretty heavy and and got some new 52 week highs ...

kazman68
01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
It's a nasty bug. 20-40 million people died in 1918 from it.

I remember seeing a show and reading about the 1918 flu...your right nasty! Is the word for it, that is one powerful flu bug.

xdude
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
the 1918 flu was called a pandemic for a reason .. it was one of the reasons for the end of WW1 for crying out loud... both side had trouble refilling the troops..
my parents were older when they had me , I did a slight family tree for a school project.. found out that my Father was one of 13 ( yeah big catholic family) . anyhow I was surprised so many were dead ... there was a group that was older and then there was like 4 and a big gap in between... I asked what happened
and there was 3 that died in the pandemic... I realise there was a lot of them ...but can you image loosing 3 kids under 4 in a year ? . My father was born in 26 ..

I saw a special on the pandemic when the big bird flu scare. the show mention a bunch of diseases that are just plan scary that have showed up every once and a while. they mention SARS, ebola , hunta virus and a few that I never heard of .. that was the scary part.. these diseases are still in the wild and could pop out at any time..

the profiled people that were still fighting SARS years after the outbreak they were still in quarantine !

alin
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
I hate the flu shot