PDA

View Full Version : Best Chest

ordawg1
01-21-2013, 02:27 PM
movement in your opinion.Or-I should say-" which one gives YOU the best results " ??Also-more weight or reps ? Let's hear it-long discussion at my gym yesterday -Thanks-OD

zedhed
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Well I have had pretty nice results from BBL BP. But I fuggled my shoulder twice doing them so thats out for me. Now am strictly doing Inc Flys and Flat Flys. The jury is still out on what they do for me.
My max bench was 315 and thats when I hurt my shoulder the second time.

Lunchbox
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I find BBL BP to be the most comfortable for me. DB Press seems to put more strain on my elbow and shoulder. So I just stick to fly exercises with DB's.

Right now I am sitting at 365 lbs for 3 reps as my max.

Orange24
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Definitely a small incline on bench press. And heavy dips. 55+ lbs belt attached.

zedhed
01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Even doing the Gironda dips I never got that much out of them. When I was doing 5x5 I was strapping on 90 Lbs.

NTL
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
I have added inches to my chest with dumbbells. I seem to grow the most with reps in the 12-16 range.I will also through in some cables to burn out at the end of workout.

Fuelfan
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
I like decline bench with a BB and flat bench with DB'S. On decline I like to go 225 for 8, 305 for 8 345 for 8 and then pump that muscle full of blood with another set of around 165 for 15. Then heavy flat DB's for 4 sets of 8. That works well for me.

zedhed
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Strong boy FF!

SisterSteel
01-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Incline Bench & Incline DB Fly

Fuelfan
01-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Strong boy FF!

Brother i'm an old man! Lol I just barely started hitting that kind of weight but thank you for the compliment, that means a ton coming from you!

ordawg1
01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Brother i'm an old man! Lol I just barely started hitting that kind of weight but thank you for the compliment, that means a ton coming from you!

If you are old-I am totally screwed !!My son is 37 !!lol-OD

Fuelfan
01-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Come on OD it's all in the way we feel isn't it? I may be grey and loosing my hair but I feel like i'm 25! My wife thinks I have the sex drive of a teenager. :-)

ordawg1
01-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Come on OD it's all in the way we feel isn't it? I may be grey and loosing my hair but I feel like i'm 25! My wife thinks I have the sex drive of a teenager. :-)

Sure-I feel like I am 25 also-but nowadays I have to be more careful and not go " as " crazy on shit.But-I can guarantee I am still " Storming Castles " lol-Thanks-OD

zedhed
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
^^^Getting there bro...getting there!^^^

ordawg1
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
^^^Getting there bro...getting there!^^^

Naw-you guys are still puppies lol-ODjk

chrisotpherm
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Naw-you guys are still puppies lol-ODjk

Lol, lil alpha puppies Sir!!! Lol.

Fuelfan
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Speaking of storming castles....I just have to say after the storm I gave to my wife last night it took her 45 minutes to collect her thoughts before she even thought about getting up!!!!!! Sorry, way off topic but I was pretty proud of myself and just had to share..

Lunchbox
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Speaking of storming castles....I just have to say after the storm I gave to my wife last night it took her 45 minutes to collect her thoughts before she even thought about getting up!!!!!! Sorry, way off topic but I was pretty proud of myself and just had to share..

Pics or it was just a wetdream......

:D

J/K bro. Smack it up filp it rub it down!

ordawg1
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM

We are proud of you !!Now-do it again tonight lol-Thanks bro-OD

zedhed
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
LMAO yes we are bro.
Now get off the dam computer and go tear it up again some more!!

Fit Guru
01-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Incline Bench & Incline DB Fly

Think I'm with you here.

Fit Guru
01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Just to throw this in. A buddy of mine that just had shoulder surgery 2 months ago posted on FB he just did a 500 raw and a 805 raw bench with a Titan single ply.

SisterSteel
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Just to throw this in. A buddy of mine that just had shoulder surgery 2 months ago posted on FB he just did a 500 raw and a 805 raw bench with a Titan single ply.

If you bench properly, it doesn't hurt your shoulders. Quite the contrary. You can also use a bamboo bar to help strengthen your shoulders (attach bands and kettlebells to the bar).

That's truly an amazing bench in a single ply.

Fit Guru
01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what records he holds but I'm sure it's most of them. Harley Timbs is his name.

SisterSteel
01-23-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure what records he holds but I'm sure it's most of them. Harley Timbs is his name.

He's ranked 5th in his weight class and 15th of all time. You have some serious lifters in your circle.

zedhed
01-31-2013, 12:05 PM
IDK if its a biceps tendon issue or a tater cuff thingy....but it hurts I do know that, during bench.
Anyways finally got around to getting a jump stretch band, the red one from 35-105 Lbs. Im using this doing a (modified) cross over. Modified staying inside the ROM that dosnt produce pain. Pull it in and hold, then the negative. 4x10 each arm. Will see how this does me.

Fuelfan
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
IDK if its a biceps tendon issue or a tater cuff thingy....but it hurts I do know that, during bench.
Anyways finally got around to getting a jump stretch band, the red one from 35-105 Lbs. Im using this doing a (modified) cross over. Modified staying inside the ROM that dosnt produce pain. Pull it in and hold, then the negative. 4x10 each arm. Will see how this does me.

Ouch! I've been down that path myself and can feel your pain! Another exercise that worked real well for me is putting my elbow shoulder high on something stationary and with a very light DB at first and rotate your arm horizontal to vertical concentrating on the rotator and not trying to power it up, only rotation. I do what you just mentioned and the exercise I just said EVERY TIME I walk into the gym, even on leg day. I have absolutely zero pain anymore. Good luck and get that sucker strong!

zedhed
01-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Much thanks FF. Will add that in as of Today!

Whiskey
02-04-2013, 01:26 PM
When it comes to size, 6-8 reps work best for me, coincidentally that is also where i'm the strongest. There's many guys that are my size but have a higher flat pr, but they can't flat bench 315X8-9. For whatever reason, maybe how i've trained over the years, my max sucks, but i'm strong in the 6-8 rep range.

Whiskey

zedhed
02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
To me reps are way more in real life then a 1 time max anyway bro.

AlphaMuscle
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Flat bench barbell, Incline db, flat bench db fly, cable cross over

chrisotpherm
02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
To me reps are way more in real life then a 1 time max anyway bro.

Preach man. I get it of you are a power lifter for one rep to max, buy for body molding I'm essence all about the rep ratio and form imo for the preferred outcome.

Guys ask me all the time what is my max and I say heck if I know. I workout and go up in weight when its time or I'm ready. I will only go up if my form is coincided with it. No reason to add weight if you look like you are being shocked with a tazer to get it up.

Usually I don't pay much attention but the other day I caught myself laughing out loud at this hit that looked like he had Tourette's. The weight was so heavy he was shaking, rocking and his facial changes looked like he was going to turn into some magical animal at any point and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He caught me laughing and looked at me like what bro, I just took off my hoodie and asked if he needed a spot and he calmed down quick. Lol. Note to self, never look up again to offend someone, got it! Lol.

towing
02-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Preach man. I get it of you are a power lifter for one rep to max, buy for body molding I'm essence all about the rep ratio and form imo for the preferred outcome.

Guys ask me all the time what is my max and I say heck if I know. I workout and go up in weight when its time or I'm ready. I will only go up if my form is coincided with it. No reason to add weight if you look like you are being shocked with a tazer to get it up.

Usually I don't pay much attention but the other day I caught myself laughing out loud at this hit that looked like he had Tourette's. The weight was so heavy he was shaking, rocking and his facial changes looked like he was going to turn into some magical animal at any point and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He caught me laughing and looked at me like what bro, I just took off my hoodie and asked if he needed a spot and he calmed down quick. Lol. Note to self, never look up again to offend someone, got it! Lol.

Funny man funny

Technically a one rep max is supposed to be based off your max rep % So if you can do 225 for 3x10 sets then your 1 rep max would be % and equal out to 350 1 rep max. seen a chart on it somewhere I will post it if I can find it. But for me my max would be what I can do 3 times after my last set of chest workouts. I also prefer to go down slow and explode up. guys at gym marvel how deep I go on DB bench with 130lbs DB I also flex chest and pause at the top pushing all the blood into chest before I come back down 4x12 set

Sinister613
02-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Sounds good in theory but when i was repping 225 both wide and close grip, i maxed out 320 and that was tough. 350 maybr with bounce + spotter. Ive never used a spotter so perhaps thats why.

towing
02-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Sounds good in theory but when i was repping 225 both wide and close grip, i maxed out 320 and that was tough. 350 maybr with bounce + spotter. Ive never used a spotter so perhaps thats why.

I was not exact on that number because I do not have the chart but it is close to 320 I am sure.
When I used to be able to Rep 360 my 3 rep was 420 but now I do not lift that heavy anymore I concentrate on slow controlled movements. I was also only 205 at that time.

SisterSteel
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Funny man funny

Technically a one rep max is supposed to be based off your max rep % So if you can do 225 for 3x10 sets then your 1 rep max would be % and equal out to 350 1 rep max. seen a chart on it somewhere I will post it if I can find it. But for me my max would be what I can do 3 times after my last set of chest workouts. I also prefer to go down slow and explode up. guys at gym marvel how deep I go on DB bench with 130lbs DB I also flex chest and pause at the top pushing all the blood into chest before I come back down 4x12 set

That equation is somewhat accurate but the more reps you perform with a weight the more inaccurate the 1RM will be. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

wanabbig
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM

LOL I get asked that all the time to and I say I don't know and they look at me "like really!" Glad I'm not the only one LOL