PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mower Woes.....

Brown
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
So i got a killer deal on a Briggs and Stratton 158cc lawnmower...

Now it wont run.... rough/low idle. Shut down with load.

Good oil, good gas, clean air filter..

Where's the Gear Heads???? LOL, and NOT the usual gear we talk about...

Mr. dB
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Are you sure it's good gas? 'Cause that sounds about like how they act if the fuel has been sitting longer than three months. Today's fuel doesn't last for shit, if you've got some in a can that's over a few months old you need to dispose of it.

Manny1983
06-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Replace the spark plug, fuel filter and fuel line. Trust me I'm Mexican lol but for real change that shit and you should be good.

Brown
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
DB - Put in brand new 89 from gas station that day

Manny - its firing great. but I will check the fuel lines.

Manny1983
07-01-2012, 03:53 PM
If its not that really the only other possible explanation is the jets in the carb may be partially clogged in which case you can remove the carb and blow out the jets with air pressure.

Air, fuel, ignition are the only 3 things in a combustion engine. You say Spark is good, Air filter is clean so that leaves fuel. Fuel filter 1st, then fuel line, then carb in that order to evaluate the problem

Brown
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I was so not wanting to open up carb... but you're right. Being lazy about it isn't gonna keep my grass short.
Wait... Manny, can i hire you to do the landscaping? You did say youre brown right?

Manny1983
07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Yeah you can lol but I'm not cheap lol I'm an uppity brown lol jk

WoodyO
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Come fix mine when you figure yours out Brown. I've got the exact same problem.

Oldschooliron
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
If its not that really the only other possible explanation is the jets in the carb may be partially clogged in which case you can remove the carb and blow out the jets with air pressure.

Air, fuel, ignition are the only 3 things in a combustion engine. You say Spark is good, Air filter is clean so that leaves fuel. Fuel filter 1st, then fuel line, then carb in that order to evaluate the problem

This!! If I had to shoot from the hip sounds like a carb issue but I'd suggest the easy maintenance crap manny suggested. Solid advise.

I hire Mexicans for that shit....no offense manny. They really are Mexican lol.

Manny1983
07-06-2012, 12:47 AM
This!! If I had to shoot from the hip sounds like a carb issue but I'd suggest the easy maintenance crap manny suggested. Solid advise.

I hire Mexicans for that shit....no offense manny. They really are Mexican lol.

Lmao no offense taken bro