PDA

View Full Version : Assisting Lifts for the Back Squat

SisterSteel
03-06-2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DFGj2sebJE&feature=player_embedded

Now, I don't agree with the idea that Anderson Squats should be performed with just singles. I used to do these when I was Olympic weightlifting and we would do triples. We'd deload the weight with each rep, meaning we would take the weight completely off our back by dropping under the bar and than getting reset and squatting it again.

I think any one of these 3 lifts will add pounds to your squat and also size to your legs so give one of them or give them all a try. I wouldn't try them all at once though. Rotate them in so you don't over do it.

kazman68
03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Informative post as always..thanks Sister!

mondtster
03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Lovw to watch vids on new techniques. Thanks!

SisterSteel
03-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Informative post as always..thanks Sister!

You're welcome kazman. Just trying to help everyone improve that back squat.

Lovw to watch vids on new techniques. Thanks!

These will help you get past sticking points. These are especially perfect for raw lifters. Raw lifters usually have their sticking point in the "hole" and these lifts will help you blast through it.

red crayon
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
When I get up to max squat weight I usually hit a sticking point about 12 inches up out of the hole. You know right when you start to get tunnel vision real bad. To avoid that I lowered the weight and started doing several reps with the heavy weight. Three or four reps anyway. I will watch the video you posted when I get home since Im at work and its blocked here. Im looking forward to it!

SisterSteel
03-10-2013, 01:45 AM
When I get up to max squat weight I usually hit a sticking point about 12 inches up out of the hole. You know right when you start to get tunnel vision real bad. To avoid that I lowered the weight and started doing several reps with the heavy weight. Three or four reps anyway. I will watch the video you posted when I get home since Im at work and its blocked here. Im looking forward to it!

Right around the knees is the second place where people get stuck. If that's where you're having issues you can set up your Anderson Squats at right below that point. That'll help you get past that sticking point.