PDA

View Full Version : Going green...

SisterSteel
03-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I've decided to start adding "green" shakes in my diet twice a week. I'm still eating broccoli, green beans, spinach, kale, etc but I've also decided to take in extra veggies by drinking a green shake twice a week.

I'm wondering.... does anyone here do this? I'm sure everyone knows that taking in as much protein as we do puts our body in an acidic state and we need to take in alkalines to help balance out our body.

So does anyone drink "green" smoothies???

Vicious 13
03-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Lots of girls on my Facebook do thy seem to love posting pictures of em

SisterSteel
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Lots of girls on my Facebook do thy seem to love posting pictures of em

I don't plan on posting any pics of them but I want to see if they will have as much of a positive impact on my body as people claim. I know it can't hurt.

Orange24
03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes I do. Spinach kale pineapple banana protein. I have a blender that works great for greens though. Helps to have a vitamix or blendtec

BigBones
03-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Aside from the fiber/extra fullness, why not take a good vitamin/powder support that has the alkaline you are looking for? :-). Just a thought and its what I do. On the go traveling for work its hard as hell to be healthy.

ltyson
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I use Vega Sport protein, at times. It is one of the only plant based proteins that I can stand the taste of. I actually love the taste of both the vanilla and chocolate mixed together. It is alkaline forming and I feel great on it.

I use whey also as the cost is a bit high on the Vega Sport, but I get it when it is on sale and cost is not to bad.

Ltyson