PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you youngsters think about this...

SisterSteel
03-29-2013, 08:43 AM
I sometimes think about what my training will look like when I get what most consider "old". Will I still be trying to lift mountains of weight? Will my training resemble something more circuit style... dare I say something more like cross fit? I doubt it, lol. No, but seriously conditioning takes on a more serious role. Perhaps, I'll go back to bodybuilding because my body won't be able to take on the heavy workloads anymore.

Anyways... does anyone else think about this or do you only worry about what's happening right now and in the near future?

Vicious 13
03-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I can't see myself getting old yet In my mind ill be 28 forever

clockticking
03-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Well for me I have found that lifting heavy all the time takes a toll on me for recovery.

I am close to 50 and still consider myself a heavy lifter but one real heavy workout sometimes causes me to do a couple lighter workouts later in the week or it seems I dig myself into a over training mode that my body can't handle.

Hope that makes sense.

babablacksheep
03-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Well I will say I don't feel like I'm 20 anymore

SisterSteel
03-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Well for me I have found that lifting heavy all the time takes a toll on me for recovery.

I am close to 50 and still consider myself a heavy lifter but one real heavy workout sometimes causes me to do a couple lighter workouts later in the week or it seems I dig myself into a over training mode that my body can't handle.

Hope that makes sense.

That does make sense. As we get older we don't recover as quickly anymore from workouts or from injuries so that has to be taken into consideration.

SisterSteel
03-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Well I will say I don't feel like I'm 20 anymore

Awwww, to be 20 again. You could hurt yourself and be back in the gym the next day. It seemed like I was invincible. I'm paying for it now though. All those cumulative injuries take their toll later on. They seem to catch up and say... remember me. lol

I'm just wondering if the members on here who are in their 20's think about that. Do they think about how things will change in their 40's or their 50's? Do they think about their health when they drug? Or are they only worried about now and today?

I think this will make for some interesting conversations....

zedhed
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
yep heavy workouts do take longer to recover from and yep old injuries are cumulative. But oh thank heavens for GH! Makes a world of difference.

red crayon
03-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Im 53 and have been working out since I was about 20. I have always been careful and read a lot. Currently I still try and lift all that I can. Recovery is one of the biggest things I have to deal with for sure. I have developed a plan I follow that helps me keep at it. I keep track of how long a work out is. Currently they run between one hour and one hour and a half, my goal is one hour and fifteen minutes. The one hour and fifteen minutes is the sweet spot for me, I can work out longer but I start going catabolic. (Catabolic = I lift heavy and get almost no results, Im even tired for a few days afterwards = over training) Ofcourse being sore from a work out lasts longer. My wife says Im a S and M kinda guy but thats just me, I love the pain. It lets me know Im alive!

tommygunz
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I agree with V13, my brain still tells me I'm 28, an hour on the iron reminds me I'm 50.
SS hit on something that not many think of when you are young and that is all the other things we do then, drugs, maybe recs and the overall way we take our resilience for granted. I for one did, party all the time yet still lift everything as heavy as I could, for hours. When I turned forty and had a series of joint surgeries over the past 10 years that all changed. Powerlifting went out the window and I embraced BB instead. All I care about now is aesthetics not strength. I wish I had figured this out sooner.

MuscleAddiction
03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I sometimes think about what my training will look like when I get what most consider "old". Will I still be trying to lift mountains of weight? Will my training resemble something more circuit style... dare I say something more like cross fit? I doubt it, lol. No, but seriously conditioning takes on a more serious role. Perhaps, I'll go back to bodybuilding because my body won't be able to take on the heavy workloads anymore.

Anyways... does anyone else think about this or do you only worry about what's happening right now and in the near future?

Live in the now and continue to do your best to progress, defy age, and just enjoy what we are doing!

I do need to work on my conditioning more for sure!

Layddually2
03-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Shit I'm 75 in my mind and every couple months I feel a year older. WTF?

coop11
03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm 36 now as a teenager I dealt with things by hurting my self and others. There are not many bones I haven't broken at least once. Some days my wrists, hands and what not hurt so bad its hard to push and get my work out done. It's going to suck to get old. I wish I could go back and change what I did in my past but even as fucked up as it was it has made me what I am today.

At least I have a 24 year old wife to take care of me.

Vicious 13
03-30-2013, 02:35 PM
I hope all this partying and heavy lifting doesn't catch up w me

chrisotpherm
03-30-2013, 02:35 PM
I turned 31 this past December and literally a month after woke up and felt aches and pains like never before.

After 10yrs on the army being both airborne and air assault, couple of deployments and extensive training in the field I am having to ease up on the fast and furious approach to life for sure.

I have also learned from many of our veterans here and abroad on better ways to train to avoid lifelong injuries.

Soon I will tamper around with hgh for an extensive period to see how the effects play out. Just gotta find the right place to pull the trigger.

zedhed
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
^^^Discuss with the Dawg bro. He is an encyclopedia on it.^^^

Orange24
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I definitely think about this. Long and hard every day. Health is key~ without it you have nothing. I'm 5'8 almost 200 lbs and there are definitely days I feel like my joints would love 30 less lbs on them. But I'm addicted to this lifestyle and it suits me best. I'm the best version of myself and I think that's what matters most.

chrisotpherm
04-01-2013, 09:19 PM
^^^Discuss with the Dawg bro. He is an encyclopedia on it.^^^

Thanks my blood brother. I have talked with him in detail about this and as always papa is such a loving mentor.

SisterSteel
04-02-2013, 10:22 AM
I'll tell you this... my body feels A LOT better since I've been on peptides (CJC-1295 + GHRP-s). It's made a tremendous difference. For the doses I run peptides is more economical and gets the job done but if someone is wondering if Peptides or GH will make a difference I'm here to tell you it WILL.

JerseyDevil
04-02-2013, 11:13 AM
All I care about now is aesthetics not strength. I wish I had figured this out sooner.I'm with Tommy on this statement. It took arthritis in both elbows and one surgically repaired rotator cuff for me to figure this out, and I was 56. I forget who said it, but it is now my motto. It doesn't matter how much you can bench press, it's how much you LOOK like you can bench press.

JerseyDevil
04-02-2013, 11:16 AM
I'll tell you this... my body feels A LOT better since I've been on peptides (CJC-1295 + GHRP-s). It's made a tremendous difference. For the doses I run peptides is more economical and gets the job done but if someone is wondering if Peptides or GH will make a difference I'm here to tell you it WILL.GHRP's and CJC-1295 really do help! :cool:

any1uno
04-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm turning 55 this summer. I'm lifting as heavy if not heavier then I did when I was 28. I'd like to think smarter too. One thing for certain. going to do my best to continue for as long as I can.

I haven't considered or tried peps or gh but...could be a thought. I'd need to really read up on them to see if they'd benefit me.

SisterSteel
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm with Tommy on this statement. It took arthritis in both elbows and one surgically repaired rotator cuff for me to figure this out, and I was 56. I forget who said it, but it is now my motto. It doesn't matter how much you can bench press, it's how much you LOOK like you can bench press.

I'm the complete opposite but than again I'm not a bber (at least not anymore). For me I don't want to just look strong, I want to be truly strong. Strong may be relative but there are numbers that no one can argue about when it comes to be being called strong.

For example... for me it was back squatting 500lbs raw. That is a number no one can say isn't strong and I'm going to see if I can break my PR which is 535lbs.

JerseyDevil
04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
For example... for me it was back squatting 500lbs raw. That is a number no one can say isn't strong and I'm going to see if I can break my PR which is 535lbs.That IS strong Sister.

any1uno
04-03-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm the complete opposite but than again I'm not a bber (at least not anymore). For me I don't want to just look strong, I want to be truly strong. Strong may be relative but there are numbers that no one can argue about when it comes to be being called strong.

For example... for me it was back squatting 500lbs raw. That is a number no one can say isn't strong and I'm going to see if I can break my PR which is 535lbs.
Nice squat Ms Steele. Beats my best! 490 @ 165lb class. Had a 530 dead and a 265 bench. Bench sucked back then! These are competition numbers. Been a long time since I last competed but plan on doing so sometime in the future.

Keep up the great work! Very impressive.

SisterSteel
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Nice squat Ms Steele. Beats my best! 490 @ 165lb class. Had a 530 dead and a 265 bench. Bench sucked back then! These are competition numbers. Been a long time since I last competed but plan on doing so sometime in the future.

Keep up the great work! Very impressive.

Those are big numbers any1uno.