PDA

View Full Version : come back... 3 days a week...

xdude
04-05-2013, 08:04 AM
well I have been battling cts, and now work re-jigged my schedule so I can not workout the days I work . I now work 4 on 3 off. just coming back and taking it slow ...( wrist pain is one thing...finger tips numb or tingle is dead stop, having trouble with pulling for back stuff... and my curls suck)

any recommendations..right now I do
4 days off..(occasionally getting an aerobic in there)
chest and tris
back and bis
shoulders and legs ( yeah that is a long one ...what can I do though?)

chrisotpherm
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Have you tried using wrist straps to grab weights to hold in proper form bro? My lift handed grip is shot due to an injury my first deployment. Wrist straps allow me to do the same as the right. Reduces stress on the tendons in the wrist as well.

SisterSteel
04-05-2013, 10:34 AM
well I have been battling cts, and now work re-jigged my schedule so I can not workout the days I work . I now work 4 on 3 off. just coming back and taking it slow ...( wrist pain is one thing...finger tips numb or tingle is dead stop, having trouble with pulling for back stuff... and my curls suck)

any recommendations..right now I do
4 days off..(occasionally getting an aerobic in there)
chest and tris
back and bis
shoulders and legs ( yeah that is a long one ...what can I do though?)

I wouldn't train in that order. I would at least want 1 day in between back and legs. I would also suggest: Pull, Push, Leg Day. I don't see why so many think training legs is only a couple movements. It's half of your body. Why dedicate as much to your chest as your legs? That doesn't make sense.

As for your pulling problems, use straps so that your grip isn't an issue. You're not a powerlifter so it doesn't matter if you're using straps or not.

xdude
04-05-2013, 10:59 AM
I have always used wrist straps I sit at a computer all day and that causes issue..the pulling on the wrist is noticeable even with straps...
I have been using gloves, straps and wrist braces to take as much stress as possible. and keep them warm and loose
I agree Legs are 1/2 the body.. I have a bum knee and have to limit the stress on it ..
so have to cap the weight ... preferably higher reps ..but limit that too... I should get this knee looked at again..but the doc just keeps saying bruised patella and recommends rest and strange exercises

Ebo10
04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I have always used wrist straps I sit at a computer all day and that causes issue..the pulling on the wrist is noticeable even with straps...
I have been using gloves, straps and wrist braces to take as much stress as possible. and keep them warm and loose
I agree Legs are 1/2 the body.. I have a bum knee and have to limit the stress on it ..
so have to cap the weight ... preferably higher reps ..but limit that too... I should get this knee looked at again..but the doc just keeps saying bruised patella and recommends rest and strange exercises

Ask for a second opinion. You sometimes have to punk doctors and make them take time to figure out what's really going on. Cuz they get paid no matter they fix you or send you on your way.

kazman68
04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't train in that order. I would at least want 1 day in between back and legs. I would also suggest: Pull, Push, Leg Day. I don't see why so many think training legs is only a couple movements. It's half of your body. Why dedicate as much to your chest as your legs? That doesn't make sense.

As for your pulling problems, use straps so that your grip isn't an issue. You're not a powerlifter so it doesn't matter if you're using straps or not.

Good advice Sister...I always think legs should be trained alone..maybe with abs but that;s it..

SisterSteel
04-07-2013, 07:31 PM

If you can, get a MRI and see what's going on with it. If there is no tear and it's only a bruise than suck it up and lift. We're all in pain.... it's just part of the job. Something you learn to live with.

Encino_Mang
04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I would Squat 1 day, Bench 1 day, and do Deads 1 day......work in assistance weight exercises as you think are required......I like simple training workouts and I make better gains on the less training volume (better recovery) I'm guessing

mj_0360
04-09-2013, 12:42 AM
I would Squat 1 day, Bench 1 day, and do Deads 1 day......work in assistance weight exercises as you think are required......I like simple training workouts and I make better gains on the less training volume (better recovery) I'm guessing

I like this. Add some shoulder and triceps movents to bench day, biceps to back day, and legs all by themselves. Maybe day 1- chest, day 2 back, day 3 legs.

Encino_Mang
04-09-2013, 08:44 PM
I like this. Add some shoulder and triceps movents to bench day, biceps to back day, and legs all by themselves. Maybe day 1- chest, day 2 back, day 3 legs.

Works well for me............I see guys spend hours in the gym, fast forward a year later and they are still pushing the same weight........it's pretty simple, add weight, eat, rest, grow.......to a point anyway

chrisotpherm
04-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Very true. Many normal gym goers don't change up their workout plans and the muscles begin to basically memorize it and adapt, therefore no real growth. Sometimes you got to go big for a while, some times you go light and sometimes you just take two weeks off to let your body heal.

red crayon
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
What you mean I have to program in some days I dont go to the gym? Im kidding but thats an important concept a lot of people new to this working out thing forget. You need to get some rest thats when your muscles grow, while your resting.

Encino_Mang
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Sometimes you just take two weeks off to let your body heal.

^^^This^^^ I was on vacation last year and missed 2 weeks.....got back in the gym and felt like a brand new man....all my lifts were up......but I did eat like hog for 2 weeks too :o

xdude
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
wouldn't you know it ... I lost my wrist straps.. damm I go through about 5 pairs of those things a year..
and this time no one turn them in.. they were good ones too..the ones with padding in the wrists

xdude
04-10-2013, 09:01 PM
also did some curls today to ...first time in a long time... hope I don't pay for it tomorrow with a finger tip issues ... but right now I am good .

xdude
04-11-2013, 05:37 PM
also did some curls today to ...first time in a long time... hope I don't pay for it tomorrow with a finger tip issues ... but right now I am good .

damm I am paying for it ... can feel it ..
anyone know anything I can take for this ? someone suggested deca cause it "lubes" the joints
doc says that some pain relievers can help, but not really worth it ..

kazman68
04-11-2013, 08:06 PM
damm I am paying for it ... can feel it ..
anyone know anything I can take for this ? someone suggested deca cause it "lubes" the joints
doc says that some pain relievers can help, but not really worth it ..

I would suggest an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen, or naproxen 3 X day, If it's real bad, I have my g/f rub it down with some cream. I like heat myself, also avoid heavy-weight, do alot of reps to flood the area with blood. My shoulder gives me problems from time to time..It sucks getting older, but I will fight it the best I can. Deca may help a little, Definitely avoid Winstrol, also some say GH helps but I've never ran it myself. I also ran 6 weeks of TB500, it helped a little, but was somewhat disappointing.

xdude
04-12-2013, 08:26 PM
much to my surprise the Dr. said that they have a surprising small effect.. He said take it , however typically ibuprofen or n said are not as effective as braces and ice...

kazman68
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
much to my surprise the Dr. said that they have a surprising small effect.. He said take it , however typically ibuprofen or n said are not as effective as braces and ice...

I was thinking more for pain management. Although they do have a slight anti-inflammatory effect.

xdude
04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I was thinking more for pain management. Although they do have a slight anti-inflammatory effect.

hmmm pain is not really an issue any more unless I pulling and/or have the wrist in the wrong position .. I don't think it would be good to dull the pain while working out ...also the pain is a reminder that I got to watch the angles and rest the wrist ...

interesting .. today i was doing some pull downs ( higher reps , lower weight ) and surprise surprise it didn't bother me ..
do some Hammer strength pull overs. ( no wrist action , brand new to my gym awesome for hitting the lats ). another machine that does something similar to a cable pull but with large grips and you cangrab at different angles..did some preacher curls low weight really slow to make sure the wrist stress was minimal ... and the thing that bothered me the most .. the elliptical machine for aerobics at the end ..the place where you grip the pulse sensor is just the wrong angle .... go figure

kazman68
04-13-2013, 09:19 PM
hmmm pain is not really an issue any more unless I pulling and/or have the wrist in the wrong position .. I don't think it would be good to dull the pain while working out ...also the pain is a reminder that I got to watch the angles and rest the wrist ...

interesting .. today i was doing some pull downs ( higher reps , lower weight ) and surprise surprise it didn't bother me ..
do some Hammer strength pull overs. ( no wrist action , brand new to my gym awesome for hitting the lats ). another machine that does something similar to a cable pull but with large grips and you cangrab at different angles..did some preacher curls low weight really slow to make sure the wrist stress was minimal ... and the thing that bothered me the most .. the elliptical machine for aerobics at the end ..the place where you grip the pulse sensor is just the wrong angle .... go figure

No you don't want to dull the pain before a workout..I was speaking of afterwards, I know my shoulder can get sore after chest/shoulder day, and sometime when working biceps. I find 800 mg Ibuprofen really knocks it out, so I can sleep better. Alot of hard core guys have torn muscles because the use recs (pain killers) before workouts....I must confess I experimented with Nubain pre- workout back in the day when it was really popular...glad I'm away from that now.

xdude
04-15-2013, 09:23 PM
No you don't want to dull the pain before a workout..I was speaking of afterwards, I know my shoulder can get sore after chest/shoulder day, and sometime when working biceps. I find 800 mg Ibuprofen really knocks it out, so I can sleep better. Alot of hard core guys have torn muscles because the use recs (pain killers) before workouts....I must confess I experimented with Nubain pre- workout back in the day when it was really popular...glad I'm away from that now.

oh I knew someone that did Ibuprofen before working out as "pre-emptive strike" I always thought this was a bad Idea..
guy was freaky strong but in the end he did damage...that is permanent
his back is bad..
I also heard from a friend that knew Paul Demayo after getting out of jail was addicted to pain killers cause of all the damage he did ..