PDA

View Full Version : Why are people afraid of squats?

Ebo10
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM
I guess I just noticed that most of the women at my gym get down on squats religiously. But most of the dudes are stuck in the mirror checking out there chest and bi's!! The few who do work there legs, most are on some weak ass squat machine not getting the full body benefit of a natural deep squat. It's pretty comical hearing them complain about what a struggle it is to make gains.
Should I help them or should I not? I don't like waisting my breath or time, but I feel like, " man if you just tried something new". Is this the same at your gyms or am I just destined to be the only beast in my town? Lol

AgentYes
04-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Do not volunteer info on what someone is doing wrong. It just never works out.

rikkitikkitavi
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah I feel like it's the same at most gyms. I'd bet there are only five guys at my gym that I've ever seen get under the squat rack in the three of four years I've been there. They might figure it out one day.

red crayon
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Its a pain thing. Or at least it looks like it is. They always have to do some machine that is supposed to give better results than reqular squats, they never do but they all tell the same story. "Look Im making better gains on my legs with the girly man machine than I ever could doing squats." lol. Its the same everywhere. Maybe one day they will try doing Back squats but then the spend a month complaining about how it hurts.

I remember when I was a kid, when I got a new tooth it hurt when I lost the old baby tooth and didnt feel good while the new one grew in. Most growth is like that. A little pain and a little growth thats how it works. If you want to grow you gotta love the pain. So squat and have sore legs for a day or two, Thats the only way I know to make them grow.

Fit Guru
04-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm a personal trainer by trade and I've trained amateurs to Pro's and I never correct people.now if they ask me I tell them and I do a lot of telling because people locally know what I do. Wears me out sometimes but I've also got a lot of clients that way .

SisterSteel
04-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Do not volunteer info on what someone is doing wrong. It just never works out.

Seriously. Most men think they know everything and they don't want to hear what they're doing wrong especially from a woman.

Whiskey
04-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't correct, BUT, I will harass them in front of their friends mocking how much their squat sucks, and that they squat like a little girl. It's amazing how once you question one's man hood that they try to prove you wrong lol

Whiskey

SisterSteel
04-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Many don't know how to squat properly either. Do they sit back or sit down? Do they keep their chest high? Do they push their knees out? Most think it's as simple as just sitting down and they never lift truly heavy weight nor do they maximize their growth potential.

kazman68
04-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Seriously. Most men think they know everything and they don't want to hear what they're doing wrong especially from a woman.

I could see that, I have guys ask me shit all the time, my #70 weight loss/transformation is the talk of the gym (not being arrogant here). I told one guy what to do/not do, he trains like shit all machine work, with way to heavy weight, and the worst form I have ever seen. Seriously the guy looks like he's having seizures doing his 1/3 reps.Whewww..right over the head (my advice) still doing the same shit and wonders why his body doesn't change, he is also constantly breaking shit, people have really begun to hate this guy because he uses way much to weight and those snappy/jerky reps aren't good for the equipment. I told him about squats, and he says "I don't train legs, I just want a big upper body"....I would be embarrassed to look like that, always wears a wife-beater with long pants of course..like someone else said don't even bother trying to help someone , unless they ask you AND are serious...damn sorry about the rant..

Kaz

MuscleAddiction
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Who is affraid of squats??? Sissy's!!!

SisterSteel
04-19-2013, 09:11 PM
I could see that, I have guys ask me shit all the time, my #70 weight loss/transformation is the talk of the gym (not being arrogant here). I told one guy what to do/not do, he trains like shit all machine work, with way to heavy weight, and the worst form I have ever seen. Seriously the guy looks like he's having seizures doing his 1/3 reps.Whewww..right over the head (my advice) still doing the same shit and wonders why his body doesn't change, he is also constantly breaking shit, people have really begun to hate this guy because he uses way much to weight and those snappy/jerky reps aren't good for the equipment. I told him about squats, and he says "I don't train legs, I just want a big upper body"....I would be embarrassed to look like that, always wears a wife-beater with long pants of course..like someone else said don't even bother trying to help someone , unless they ask you AND are serious...damn sorry about the rant..

Kaz

And just word to the wise boys..... Women DON'T like men with twigs for legs. We like thick muscled legs with a nice round ass. YES, we like that to just like you men do. ;)

MuscleAddiction
04-19-2013, 09:45 PM
And just word to the wise boys..... Women DON'T like men with twigs for legs. We like thick muscled legs with a nice round ass. YES, we like that to just like you men do. ;)

Yeah...the better for the grabbing and spanking when making whoopy!

Wallycn
04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I use to be one of those jack offs that would make all kinds of excuses of why I did not do legs. I love doing them now and yes women do like nice muscular legs. Squats sucked at first when I got back into doing them but now I love them since I can really push myself.

MuscleAddiction
04-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I still can't believe they made a division in bodybuilding competitions for the bros who don't train legs and train upper body...physique, board shorts...what next?

SisterSteel
04-19-2013, 11:15 PM
I still can't believe they made a division in bodybuilding competitions for the bros who don't train legs and train upper body...physique, board shorts...what next?

Seriously.......

KingMD
04-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Men naturally have big/broad upper body and women, lower body, so u see that bein trained in the gym like that..focus too much on the strong points. .I can't stand to b with a female and her legs r bigger than mine, fuck that!..I do love them sexy solid legs n ass on em tho..just strive to b all around..a lot of kats at gyms dnt knw jack about serious body trainin..my friends r too "embarrased"to do a proper squat (ass out, chest out) or any gd form at all at that..screw em

Ebo10
04-21-2013, 05:42 PM
I like a women with thick legs and big ass! I could care less if they are bigger than mine as long as she can wrap them around me and bounce it like a balloon on a rubber band! Lol

mj_0360
04-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I used to hate squats but now I look forward to doing them on my days off. I think that once someone gets past the DOMS of the first month or so they can like them. WHat is the point of being all swelled up in the chest with lil toothpick legs?

chrisotpherm
04-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Don't talk about me like that. I shared in confidence with you my faults. Lololololol, jk.

zedhed
04-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Gotta love the female speed skaters thighs and butts. That just rocks my world!

SisterSteel
04-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Gotta love the female speed skaters thighs and butts. That just rocks my world!

And female track athletes. Especially the sprinters ;)

Ebo10
04-22-2013, 11:20 PM
and female track athletes. Especially the sprinters ;)

amen!!,