PDA

View Full Version : Charley Horses?

SFDan
04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
So I'm in week 10 of cycle, 500 test, 600 Eq, 50 mg Proviron- EW. I get these random charley horses. The other night I was bustin' a nut and got one in my abs. Thought something was trying to dig its way out of my gut. Kind of a mood killer. Lol. Happens in my Quads while military pressing some too as we'll as pecs at odd times. Figure its the Eq working but just wondered.

Ironguruera
04-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Keep hydrated. Also try taurine for crazy pumps/spasms on aas. Try 2grams a day.

For hydration I like cytomax and emergenc In addition to water. I find they really hydrate me far better then water alone.

Emergenc also has potassium which will also help.

red crayon
04-17-2013, 02:05 PM
For a natural lifter I would recomend useing gator aid, because of the electrolites. Believe it or not salt is usually the missing element. What ever is missing it could be an electrolite imbalance. For someone on the supplements you are on that would still be my guess but thats just a guess.

AgentYes
04-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Hairline x 2

SFDan
04-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys. I'll get the taurine and stay hydrated. I'll look at salt as well though staying away due to gear and increased BP.

Ironguruera
04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Both the cytomax and emergenc have electrolytes which include sodium.

Electrolytes are key to hydration.

SisterSteel
04-18-2013, 09:55 AM
You could have low levels of potassium, calcium, or magnesium. All 3 can and will cause cramping if they are low. And of course make sure you're getting in over a gallon of water day.

NTL
04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Sister is correct. I have a weird medical disorder that I have to be on medication for cramps.The doctor first tried 1000mg of magnesium a day for me but didn't work.You might give that a try.The doctor told me magnesium at that does could cause blueballs but it didn't for me.

xdude
07-18-2013, 12:51 PM
glad I found this thread... I suspected mineral ..just didn't know which ones, Last weeK I WAS TRAVELING AND KNEW I was dehydrated.. ( at one point I pounded down 3 liters H2O in one sitting) Salt.. that is in every thing ..hard to believe it is low
but just had the ab muscle cramp similar to SFdan described..,, it did feel like it was trying to bore it's way out
another thing I can offer for at least keeping control of cramps during workout , keep warm... seems to prevent the cramps at least during a Workout

xdude
07-19-2013, 09:35 PM
picked up mag , zinc and calcium at the dollar store ..LOL

kazman68
07-20-2013, 10:04 PM
You could have low levels of potassium, calcium, or magnesium. All 3 can and will cause cramping if they are low. And of course make sure you're getting in over a gallon of water day.

As always Sister, your right on. People think it's only potassium, but calcium and magnesium can do it too.

ordawg1
07-21-2013, 01:56 PM
try all the above-but for almost instant relief-an oz or so of vinegar knocks the cramping every time for me.Makes sense-OD

xdude
07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
been pounding down the gator-aid.. calcium mag and zinc.. the cramps are definitely reducing..
not getting those locked up leg knots where you are limping around
I suspect it also dehydration...it has been really hot this week..
and even if you are in ac you are sweating...just it is evaporating ..

red crayon
07-21-2013, 07:16 PM
If you eat Idaho potatoes that helps too. In the summer I eat a raw potato with salt on it and a banana to help prevent the cramps. I know it might sound strange but eating pickles makes cramps stop for most people. All you do is wait till you start getting a cramp and eat a few pickles.