PDA

View Full Version : What's your diet looking like?

chrisotpherm
04-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to get a discussion and maybe exchange ideas or even help folks see what they should be eating.

Breakfast: 8-10egg whites, 2 pieces whole grain bread, 1/2 oatmeal

Mid morning: 8-10 egg whites, 2 pieces white grain bread

Lunch: 1 whole baked chicken breast, 2 cups broccoli, 1c whole grain pasta

Mid day: 50-75g protein shake mixed in water.

Pre-workout 50-75g protein shake mixed in water

Dinner: mainly chicken breast right now as I'm cutting, 2 c whole grain pasta, 2c spinach with 2-3tblsp salad dressing of choice

Pre-bed. 50-75g protein shake mixed in water.

Again I'm cutting so not as much food as when bulking.

Ironguruera
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Shit bro calm down the protein shakes lol . 50grams Is plenty IMHO. I did the double scoops at 50mg and found even that was a waste of protein powder. Did 0 for my physique. Just made me buy it faster lol.

Breakfast - egg protein powder shake in water. 1 cup rolled oats, cinnamon and 1-2 strawberries or blueberries.

Snack- protein shake

Lunch. Chicken or beef and brown rice

Snack homemade granola ( nuts, oats, honey)

Meal - either dinner left overs or protein shake.

Dinner-- chicken, fish, filet with veggies. Quinoa or brown rice.

If its a lift day pre/ post shake.

SisterSteel
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm going to switch probably to a CKD with a refeed on the weekends. Now, I don't necessarily advise athletes to eat like this but it works for me and I'm able to keep my strength up.

I recommend a cyclic diet for most people. Adjust proteins, carbs, and fats based on what you're doing that day (high, med, low).

exphys88
04-24-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm doing a carb cycling right now, when I stick to it I get great results.

Sun-wed is a low-mod carb day w a cheat meal on wed evening.
Thursday-fri is low-mod carb day.
Sat-carb up day.

Eating bout 100 grams carbs, 1600 cals, 200 grams of protein on low carb days.

Cardio-11 sessions/week
Lifting-3days/week
Core training-2 days/week

Training for a toughmudder in June so I'm running a lot and doing a lot of body weight exercises like planks, Burpees, and some Turkish getups.

Orange24
04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
I eat around 250-300 grams protein. 250-300grams carbs and 100 grams fat.
Someday I knock the carbs lower some days way high. Works well for me. I'm always bulking, I haven't needed to cut in a couple years. I maintain a decent cardio regime to keep bf around 12%. In essence I'm eating as much as I can.

babablacksheep
04-24-2013, 06:05 PM
well ive hired our good friend fit....so well see wht my diet will look like in the near future

kazman68
04-25-2013, 12:54 AM
1. Protein shake 55grams with 3 fish oil caps/multi/vit c
2. (post work out) 1 can tuna/7 egg whites 1 whole egg/ 1 1/2 cups oatmeal w/cinnamon and 1/4 cup raisins or 1/2 apple/ vit c/vit e /potassium
3. 10-12 oz chicken breast/1/4 tomato sauce/pinch mozzarella cheese/ large salad (romaine,celery,carrot,parsley,cucumber,tomato) low cal dressing/6 oz low carb yogurt/ 3 fish oil
4. 10-12 lean beef w steak sauce,mushrooms/1 cup mixed vegetables/ 1/2 grapefruit/multi /vit c/zinc
5. 55grams protein shake w/2 tablespoons peanut butter.

these are training days/1/2 Saturday(night)into 1/2 Sunday(day) is cheat day. Last meal or 2 Sun is clean. Also clean meal 1st meal on Saturday. Wednesday (rest day) I have been dropping the oatmeal/fruit, and have more eggs instead. But since my b/f% is where I want I will probably add carbs back in.

chrisotpherm
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Shit bro calm down the protein shakes lol . 50grams Is plenty IMHO. I did the double scoops at 50mg and found even that was a waste of protein powder. Did 0 for my physique. Just made me buy it faster lol.

Breakfast - egg protein powder shake in water. 1 cup rolled oats, cinnamon and 1-2 strawberries or blueberries.

Snack- protein shake

Lunch. Chicken or beef and brown rice

Snack homemade granola ( nuts, oats, honey)

Meal - either dinner left overs or protein shake.

Dinner-- chicken, fish, filet with veggies. Quinoa or brown rice.

If its a lift day pre/ post shake.

I would say the protein shake scoops do work for me. Everyone is a phenom, what works for person A may not work for person B.

chrisotpherm
04-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Some great diets here and gives folks that may need some help have some options to look at.

Dath
05-10-2013, 08:00 AM

That's a pretty standard day for me, dinner not included

Fit Guru
05-10-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm not singling anyone out here.im just making a general comment on this thread.I see this alot.people post up their diets and they are the "PERFECT" bodybuilding diet yet their physiques don't reflect their diets.im not sure if they are lying or they did this for 1 week and quit? But the diets are spot on and they weigh 175 lbs and nowhere near in shape.of course you guys that posted I have no idea what you look like so I'm not referring to you.but I have always wondered how many people tell the truth about their diets?

exphys88
05-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm not singling anyone out here.im just making a general comment on this thread.I see this alot.people post up their diets and they are the "PERFECT" bodybuilding diet yet their physiques don't reflect their diets.im not sure if they are lying or they did this for 1 week and quit? But the diets are spot on and they weigh 175 lbs and nowhere near in shape.of course you guys that posted I have no idea what you look like so I'm not referring to you.but I have always wondered how many people tell the truth about their diets?

You make a good point. For me, many different diets work very well, IF I stick to it. The problem for me is will power and dedication.

NTL
05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
I just purchased half a cow.Diet is fixing to start including lots of beef and a little less chicken. (Been eating 2 breast a day for ever ).

Ironguruera
05-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I just purchased half a cow.Diet is fixing to start including lots of beef and a little less chicken. (Been eating 2 breast a day for ever ).

Half a cow!?! I'm on the way over bro lol.

NTL
05-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I got a buddy that has cattle. Me and him split one.It was only 480.00 at 3.75 a lbs after processing. That's a gear price for steaks,roast, hamburger, and cube steak.I had 2 12oz ribeye steaks for dinner and a large salad.

Encino_Mang
05-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm doing a carb cycling right now, when I stick to it I get great results.

Sun-wed is a low-mod carb day w a cheat meal on wed evening.
Thursday-fri is low-mod carb day.
Sat-carb up day.

Eating bout 100 grams carbs, 1600 cals, 200 grams of protein on low carb days.

Cardio-11 sessions/week
Lifting-3days/week
Core training-2 days/week

Training for a toughmudder in June so I'm running a lot and doing a lot of body weight exercises like planks, Burpees, and some Turkish getups.

Is that 1600 total cals per day?

Fit Guru
05-12-2013, 03:27 AM

I agree!

exphys88
05-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Is that 1600 total cals per day?

Yep, 1600 cals on low carb days. This is required if I want to lose 2.5 lbs a week.

chrisotpherm
05-15-2013, 10:12 AM

I couldn't agree more. The prob I see brother fit is guys/gals have their diets for in cycle but as soon as they stop so does their diet and routine dedication. All the minimum or max work goes down the drain. I was very guilty of this when I first started. I would be on cycle, diet sucked for the longest as I had no clue what I was doing, and I gained bad weight with min muscle mass. I also to once I begin to learn would have a good diet for cycle and soon as I came off I made excuses to cut back in the gym and diet what diet.

Now with wisdom and research I'm on the game. I got really serious about becoming a monster a little under two years ago and went from 180 to now 228lbs, and I'm hovering around 10-12bf.

Family wake up, get motivated and dedicated. We here are all cheering you on.

Plus you have fit here is the master planner of success. Next go around I'm all his, no home though. Lol.

You make a good point. For me, many different diets work very well, IF I stick to it. The problem for me is will power and dedication.

Very true brother, very true. My will power and dedication is based upon a half goals and half reminder of HOW MUCH I HAVE SPENT TO GET THERE. LOL.

HandyHeavyLifter
06-25-2013, 12:00 PM
I think I am going to try this plan. Is there a good substitute for eggs, I cant stand them?

chrisotpherm
06-25-2013, 02:08 PM
They have substitute for eggs but if I were going to switch out would be chicken or fish.

SlevinsBrother
03-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Use More casein less whey concentrate. Big difference.

chrisotpherm
03-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Casein is great right before u go to bed as well. Keeps ur muscles from starving throughout the night.

humility should be in every man's dna.

zedhed
03-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Is the C protein from milk also?

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

SlevinsBrother
03-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I basically won't use whey isolate/concentrate anymore, and stick with Casein exclusively. Read about the difference; normal whey protein is basically a waste 90% of your day (assuming you workout).
I buy 2 4LB tubs of ON CASEIN Chocolate per month; expensive, but worth it.

chrisotpherm
03-17-2014, 12:31 PM

Not 100% sure on this.

chrisotpherm
03-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I basically won't use whey isolate/concentrate anymore, and stick with Casein exclusively. Read about the difference; normal whey protein is basically a waste 90% of your day (assuming you workout).
I buy 2 4LB tubs of ON CASEIN Chocolate per month; expensive, but worth it.

Ill have to check this out brother. Thank you.

SlevinsBrother
03-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Yes.

Ironguruera
03-17-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm pretty much eating whatever I want until I start to cut down. I'm the biggest I've ever been right now. I look forward to leaning up and being more mobile and athletic.

chrisotpherm
03-19-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty much eating whatever I want until I start to cut down. I'm the biggest I've ever been right now. I look forward to leaning up and being more mobile and athletic.

Yeah when im growing there isn't much I won't eat. Lol. Now im shedding pounds and refocusing my who routine to lean down.

Johny Bravo
05-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Yeah this is great information actually i was in searing for this information and thinking to make a thread for this but i have no need to make any thread after read out this information anyways thanks for this great Health tips i will apply at home ...
Have a nice day my friend

Johny Bravo
05-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Yeah this is great information actually i was in searing for this information and thinking to make a thread for this but i have no need to make any thread after read out this information anyways thanks for this great Health tips i will apply at home ...
Have a nice day my friend

Share some details about Exercise GYM (http://storify.com/DustinMartorano/grayslake-bootcamp-personal-trainer-gym)

Nbencze
02-02-2016, 10:41 AM
spammer!!