PDA

View Full Version : Dogg Crap?

mj_0360
04-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Anyone use or has anyone ever used this training style? Im thinking about incorporating some tenets of dogg crap into my routine like training my arms 3 times a week after legs, back, and chest. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance....

babablacksheep
04-30-2013, 09:59 AM
I've never heard of this before....I'll Che k it out and get back

exphys88
04-30-2013, 10:14 AM
It's very effective, but hard on the joints if you're not ready for it. I've used it w great success.

kazman68
04-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Dante (the creator) is knowledgeable, I like the fact that he ads facial stretching as well. Not the kind of program I follow but have heard others have been very successful.

SisterSteel
04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Personally, it didn't work well for me. I tried it many years ago. It depends on what your goals are if DC Training would be something worth trying.

xdude
04-30-2013, 09:01 PM
facial stretching as well.

really ...why?
although working for a tighter face is great idea

Fit Guru
05-01-2013, 12:57 AM
I never did it for several reasons. No one else reputable used it. David Henry was about the only one. If its not good enough for the top pros I view it as a fad

exphys88
05-01-2013, 01:11 AM
I never did it for several reasons. No one else reputable used it. David Henry was about the only one. If its not good enough for the top pros I view it as a fad

Very valid point.

I liked it cause I didn't have to spend much time in the gym and got good results. I'd say I did 45 min, 4-5 days a week.

kazman68
05-01-2013, 01:45 AM
really ...why?
although working for a tighter face is great idea

LOL, my typo I should have said Fascial stretching...

mj_0360
05-01-2013, 03:20 AM
I haven't read a whole lot about the specifics but I did kinda like the idea of training weak points 3x a week after a larger muscle group. Like, Monday- legs followed by 4 intense sets of cambered bar curls and cambered French presses, wed- chest followed by 4 sets of db curls and db extensions, fri- back followed by 4 sets of cable curls and cable extensions. Then still having a normal lighter arm day. This just seems like it could produce some good gains on any muscle group.

xdude
05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
LOL, my typo I should have said Fascial stretching...

that makes much more sense :cool:

Ironguruera
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I haven't tried it. Seems like to really push the envelope as hard as the protocol demands u really need a good workout parter. Sure u can improvise with machines etc.

I don't like to keep a training log. I train more by bio feedback. Sometimes I've had a rough work day and just don't have the gusto like I did that last session.

Dog crap requires u to push every session farther and harder then last time. Sure I'm always trying to do that......just seems like they push the envelope to hard and injury is around the corner ESP without a spot/partner IMHO!

exphys88
05-01-2013, 10:17 PM
I haven't tried it. Seems like to really push the envelope as hard as the protocol demands u really need a good workout parter. Sure u can improvise with machines etc.

I don't like to keep a training log. I train more by bio feedback. Sometimes I've had a rough work day and just don't have the gusto like I did that last session.

Dog crap requires u to push every session farther and harder then last time. Sure I'm always trying to do that......just seems like they push the envelope to hard and injury is around the corner ESP without a spot/partner IMHO!

I do hear about injuries on it. I prefer to train alone, so machines were essential.

red crayon
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I have read a little about the DC system. From what I have read, I read it on the DC site, it looks like Mike Mentzers Heavy Duty system with a few little twists thrown in. If you sit at a desk all day and then go to the gym it might be worth a try but for someone like me with a real job I dont think I could get enough rest to get much benifit from that system. I agree with what most people say, they say its hard on your joints and ligaments. Getting damage like that might not show up until your older but it will knock you out of the gym for good.

mj_0360
05-02-2013, 05:07 AM
I think that Im gonna pass on this style after reading thru all of the great info that I have been given. I really like the 5/6 day split that I am running now, working each body part on its own day. I never really cared for HIT and as soon as I read that they might be similar, I made up my mind not to try it.

babablacksheep
05-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Not a training routine for me....I'm never in the gym for more that an hour it's actually more like 45min....but in that time I'm fucking cranking em out...I can get through3 workouts @ 4sets apiece and John smith over on the bench hasn't even finished is gay sets on that....there are always people asking me in ther "man you just got here" and I say I got done 2x what you do in 2hrs....I always have intensity....granted my workout today I felt like crap but I got it done....I left nothing behind

red crayon
05-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Thats the way to do a work out! Gut in get to business at hand and get out. All that texting and talking to other people business just slows you down. Way to go!

xdude
05-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Not a training routine for me....I'm never in the gym for more that an hour it's actually more like 45min....but in that time I'm fucking cranking em out...I can get through3 workouts @ 4sets apiece and John smith over on the bench hasn't even finished is gay sets on that....there are always people asking me in ther "man you just got here" and I say I got done 2x what you do in 2hrs....I always have intensity....granted my workout today I felt like crap but I got it done....I left nothing behind

yeah I don't know how many times you go to a machine or something... and I ask how many sets left ?,, reply 3 ... I go do something else 4 sets, come back and ask the same person ...now they only have 2 left.. :(

AsapMitch
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Tried and got good gains but always rest-pausing past failure gets very tiresome on cns and joints after awhile!