PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis Diet

Encino_Mang
05-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Anyone ever used this diet with any success?

Orange24
05-07-2013, 06:20 PM
My buddy just did this for 30 days following a bulk cycle and lost tons of fat. He claims he's kept a lot of muscle but he looks really small to me now. I dont in anyway agree with this form of eating.

Ironguruera
05-07-2013, 06:48 PM
I'd look into carb cycling over ketosis.

Just because the body can be forced to adapt to a ketosis diet hardly means its ideal or healthy.

Carbs a crucial for many bodily functions.

kazman68
05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Anyone ever used this diet with any success?

I have, where most people fail is not getting enough fats..they get paranoid, It works well for me if done right, but I thrive on more protein and fats and less carbs.

SisterSteel
05-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I like to run CKD from time to time.

Encino_Mang
05-07-2013, 08:26 PM
I have, where most people fail is not getting enough fats..they get paranoid, It works well for me if done right, but I thrive on more protein and fats and less carbs.

I don't know what it is.....I can fill up on steak but I still crave carbs.....maybe I'm not getting enough fat

xdude
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
did you ever try the anabolic diet ...it was low carb 4 days (sub 50 gms) 2 carb days and a no carb day to get back into the swing of low carbs

great for getting your meat cravings and your bread cravings....

but the interesting thing is the day you came off low carbs and moved to carbs...that first carb meal would trigger a major response ... I would sweat like I just ran 3 miles and all I did was eat some bread

I lost fat on it ....not sure if it did anything for stimulating hormones that was promise for muscle gain..
and have to admit the fact that if you need pizza you could do it on carb day..

funny thing about the diet , after the second day of carbs you were ready for the no carb... however by the second day of low carbs you were ready for some bread and had to wait 3 more days

exphys88
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I feel like absolute shit when I don't eat enough carbs. I do a lot of high intensity cardio and I just can't train well w low carbs.

Carb cycling works best for me. By the 3rd day of low to mod carbs I can barely train, but then I get to fill up on carbs and train hard again.

SisterSteel
05-09-2013, 11:12 AM
I feel like absolute shit when I don't eat enough carbs. I do a lot of high intensity cardio and I just can't train well w low carbs.

Carb cycling works best for me as well. By the 3rd day of low to mod carbs I can barely train, but then I get to fill up on carbs and train hard again.

I agree with this. With my BJJ and PLing training going on at the same time I usually run a cyclic diet. I cycle carbs, proteins, and fats. When I'm dropping weight I'll run the CKD (keto with a refeed on the weekend).

I'm lucky though, my body doesn't require a lot of carbs to function optimally.

xdude
05-09-2013, 08:09 PM

Carb cycling works best for me. By the 3rd day of low to mod carbs I can barely train, but then I get to fill up on carbs and train hard again.

IIRC there was a one week low carb to get you into ketosis..and if you never hit that ..it is brutal till it kicks in...
you feel like crap...tired and I heard of people actually feeling like they had the flu.. it depends how long you been doing larger amounts of carbs.. that was where that diet was good ,,you could feed the addiction ..but you never got totally out of ketosis..
like I said there was a point after 2 days that you felt like you were done for carbs..

Granted I am a carb-o-holic.. love breads , bagels, pasta, pancakes and any form of cake or pie...
not so much sugar as flour

also I remember this a long time ago about dieting ... there is a cycle of 4 days , 4 weeks and 4 months
day 1 ok to pretty good
day 2 not great but not bad
day 3 sucks if you are going to break the diet day 3 will be the day
day 4 is like day 2
and day 5 is back to same as 1

the daily cycle weakens but day 3 of 4 is always the worse..
then move to weekly ...and if you do the math the third week has two day 3's (15th +19th) as well ..making it the worst week..

now knowing this can help... next time you diet , count the days before you are ready to give it up...
and you will be amazed at for it usually the 3rd day of the 4 day cycle ..knowing this can give you a little extra motivation
know that you weakness is biological ,you can say screw that I am better than that and can make it to tomorrow..

goes for smoking too...
strange but I never found this again, and I am wondering where I read/heard this ..but for me it seems to be true

exphys88
05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
IIRC there was a one week low carb to get you into ketosis..and if you never hit that ..it is brutal till it kicks in...
you feel like crap...tired and I heard of people actually feeling like they had the flu.. it depends how long you been doing larger amounts of carbs.. that was where that diet was good ,,you could feed the addiction ..but you never got totally out of ketosis..
like I said there was a point after 2 days that you felt like you were done for carbs..

Granted I am a carb-o-holic.. love breads , bagels, pasta, pancakes and any form of cake or pie...
not so much sugar as flour

also I remember this a long time ago about dieting ... there is a cycle of 4 days , 4 weeks and 4 months
day 1 ok to pretty good
day 2 not great but not bad
day 3 sucks if you are going to break the diet day 3 will be the day
day 4 is like day 2
and day 5 is back to same as 1

the daily cycle weakens but day 3 of 4 is always the worse..
then move to weekly ...and if you do the math the third week has two day 3's (15th +19th) as well ..making it the worst week..

now knowing this can help... next time you diet , count the days before you are ready to give it up...
and you will be amazed at for it usually the 3rd day of the 4 day cycle ..knowing this can give you a little extra motivation
know that you weakness is biological ,you can say screw that I am better than that and can make it to tomorrow..

goes for smoking too...
strange but I never found this again, and I am wondering where I read/heard this ..but for me it seems to be true

I just do too much cardio for ketosis to be able to fuel my workouts.

xdude
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I just do too much cardio for ketosis to be able to fuel my workouts.

ketosis is the burning of fat instead carbs..yes it can take a little time for the body to get used to it ...
but it will eventually..and yes cardio will suck .. and to be honest ... when it is bad cardio on low carbs is like jogging in mud..
just don't get that burn... I got to be honest I don't think you get as good a cardio burn ever on low carbs

exphys88
05-10-2013, 02:57 PM
ketosis is the burning of fat instead carbs..yes it can take a little time for the body to get used to it ...
but it will eventually..and yes cardio will suck .. and to be honest ... when it is bad cardio on low carbs is like jogging in mud..
just don't get that burn... I got to be honest I don't think you get as good a cardio burn ever on low carbs

The difference for me is that I'm not just a bber, I do endurance sports like mountaineering and hiking, so I have to be able to train my cardiovascular system differently than most guys on here. In fact, it's usually my first priority. Cardio for me isn't just to get lean, I have to excel at it.
I'm training for a tough mudder and need to be able to run 8-10 miles, and w/o enough carbs its virtually impossible.

kazman68
05-11-2013, 08:13 PM
did you ever try the anabolic diet ...it was low carb 4 days (sub 50 gms) 2 carb days and a no carb day to get back into the swing of low carbs

great for getting your meat cravings and your bread cravings....

but the interesting thing is the day you came off low carbs and moved to carbs...that first carb meal would trigger a major response ... I would sweat like I just ran 3 miles and all I did was eat some bread

I lost fat on it ....not sure if it did anything for stimulating hormones that was promise for muscle gain..
and have to admit the fact that if you need pizza you could do it on carb day..

funny thing about the diet , after the second day of carbs you were ready for the no carb... however by the second day of low carbs you were ready for some bread and had to wait 3 more days

I ate like this for years, and it worked well, made lean gains while keeping bf at 5% Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale came up with this diet, although there have been a lot of versions. Vince Gironda back in the 60's advocated a diet like this, low carb and then every 4th day a 'reefed' meal, higher in carbs.

And alot of people laughed at him when he said cutting back on carbs will make you lean, they thought fat made you fat...LOL and too much protein well we won't even go there. Stupid ,primitive, stone-age nutritionists.

iwrkout
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Im on this diet now, trying to drop a weight class. Ive been on it for 8 days now, and so far so good. I have lost 5lbs since I started and plan to run this diet for 4/5 weeks.

kazman68
09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Im on this diet now, trying to drop a weight class. Ive been on it for 8 days now, and so far so good. I have lost 5lbs since I started and plan to run this diet for 4/5 weeks.

Good luck with it, have any questions pm me, be happy to help.

Tituse
10-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Hi Elbutcho,
Ketosis diet is great to reduce the risk of diabetes as less carb mean less blood sugar and therefore less need for insulin. Ketosis diet helps in losing and maintaining healthy body weight and prevent from obesity, depression, hypertension, heart problems and some cancers.