PDA

View Full Version : lower pecs

ineedtogrow
05-18-2013, 04:07 AM
I need some help with lower pecs and I was wondering what you guys do to train them harder. I do declined cable presses and declined benches. I have alright pecs imo, but I do feel I need to train them better.

chrisotpherm
05-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Dips,
using the cables, position the setting up top, take about a step forward, with wide arms pull down.
Also you can do the same workout, just position the settings down low, and then pull up.

red crayon
05-18-2013, 11:06 AM
I have used reverse dips with weight to help with my lower pec's. Same as regular dips just turn your hands around with the elbows out and lean forward. I got that from a Vince Gironda article.

Ironguruera
05-18-2013, 11:16 AM
^^^ gironda ironguru dips or Larry Scott dips.

The key here is hand postion/pronation. U must pronate the wrist to make it comfy and take stress off the shoulder. On the way up you contract the chest to get back up. Your arms are merely hooks along for the ride.

I prefer them gironda style. Larry Scott's are super hard but take triceps out of the picture greatly.

They both work better with V angled bars as pictured.

As long as chin is tucked, feed forward , back curved like a bananna as lee priest says lol....and u push from the chest they can be done on a parallel dip station. I prefer gironda grip here as well.

There's a video of lee priest and Larry Scott doing them on YouTube. I'll see if I can dig em up for ya. Video makes it all come together.
They are unique for sure.

Ironguruera
05-18-2013, 11:25 AM

Here is gironda style hopefully u can read the details.

ineedtogrow
05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
awesome! I'll have to give these a shot from now on. thanks guys

SisterSteel
05-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Dips or decline bench.