PDA

View Full Version : Sugar!!

Orange24
05-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Wondering what the consensus is on sugar that comes from fruit? How much is ok or should it be avoided?

Ironguruera
05-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Wondering what the consensus is on sugar that comes from fruit? How much is ok or should it be avoided?

Depends on what u are trying to achieve.

Some fruit like any food can have a higher glycemic index and spike insulin big Time. ESP if u eat that fruit alone with no proteins. For instance if u had eggs for breakfast with fruit on the side that would greatly alter the body's insulin response.

Fruits have many benefits as we all know. Antioxidants etc.

If u are eating 5-6 pieces a day I say worry about it. 2-3....fuck it eat it.

If u are getting ready for a show(weeks out) ok then that's different and everything counts.

The health benefits , regular bowels far out way the cals/sugars in them IMHO. I've been eating more fruit and taking a greens supplement lately. I feel much healthier, vibrant and better all around since doing it.

babablacksheep
05-23-2013, 03:10 AM
There are a few fruits that have a very high glycemic index and some that don't.....

Ones that do
-pineapple
-watermelon
-grapes
-cant elope

Ones that don't
-apples
-grapefruit
-cherries
And there is a couple others but I can't think this late at night

exphys88
05-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Depends on what u are trying to achieve.

Some fruit like any food can have a higher glycemic index and spike insulin big Time. ESP if u eat that fruit alone with no proteins. For instance if u had eggs for breakfast with fruit on the side that would greatly alter the body's insulin response.

Fruits have many benefits as we all know. Antioxidants etc.

If u are eating 5-6 pieces a day I say worry about it. 2-3....fuck it eat it.

If u are getting ready for a show(weeks out) ok then that's different and everything counts.

The health benefits , regular bowels far out way the cals/sugars in them IMHO. I've been eating more fruit and taking a greens supplement lately. I feel much healthier, vibrant and better all around since doing it.

This. From a health perspective, fruit is very healthy.

SisterSteel
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Fruits are great and should be consumed. I'm talking about fresh though and not that canned crap you see so many eating.