PDA

View Full Version : what you do for bulking

ineedtogrow
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
alright guys, i'm a little guy already so i have to work on gaining weight before i ever think about cutting. i was just curious what all of you do when you bulk. how many calories do you take in, protien, any other tricks you may have. i have a SUPER high metabolism, it is extremelly hard for me to gain any weight. i think it's time for me to start my first cycle, but i just want to make sure i'm doing things right first.

OldGoat
07-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Stats please!

ineedtogrow
07-01-2012, 01:14 PM
6'1" 165lbs 30yrs old

Southernlord
07-01-2012, 01:45 PM
GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) will work if your stomach can handle it. It's old school as fuck, but it will put on weight.

How long have you been training and what is your current diet like?

OldGoat
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Good ol Farmers diet!

ineedtogrow
07-01-2012, 09:49 PM
you wouldn't believe what i eat in a day. i start out my day at about 10am with 4 eggs, 3 pieces of toast and a big glass of milk at around 12pm i'll have a 36oz glass of MHP's UP Your Mass mixed with milk, then around 2pm i'll have maybe a couple burgers or some burritos, 4pm another Up Your Mass shake, 6pm i'll have a half of a large pizza or a foot long sub (things like that) then when i get home at around 10:30pm i'll eat a big ass supper of like huge pork chops, chicken or steak and a green of some sort (green beans, peas stuff like that) and some sort of starch (either potatoes or corn). i like to eat alot of Spaghetti and pastas also. there is nothing physically wrong with me and i don't have any parasites, i have been tested over and over and the doc just keeps telling me it's because of my metabolism. i think it's time for a pin in the backside to help things along

ineedtogrow
07-01-2012, 09:53 PM
oh, and i usually drink 6-8 beers every night. real beer, not mass produced or light beer

Lunchbox
07-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Take some of the money you plan on spending on gear and hire a nutritionist. Tell him your goals and get started that way. Better yet... Get a nutritionist that is familiar with working with guys on and off cycle. 80% Diet / 15% Workout / 5% Gear.-

ineedtogrow
07-01-2012, 11:17 PM
yeah, you would think though that with how much food i put in that i would gain something. i know i don't burn that much off every day.

Young Gotti
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
i switch to organic red meat as my main source of food
organic eggs
peanut butter and almond butter

basically look for things packed full of calories....2 little tablespoons of natty pb is like 200 calories, so if you add in 2 tablespoons of pb with every meal, you can easily get an extra 1000 calories a day in your diet assuming u'd eat 5 meals or so

ineedtogrow
07-02-2012, 05:18 PM
i switch to organic red meat as my main source of food
organic eggs
peanut butter and almond butter

basically look for things packed full of calories....2 little tablespoons of natty pb is like 200 calories, so if you add in 2 tablespoons of pb with every meal, you can easily get an extra 1000 calories a day in your diet assuming u'd eat 5 meals or so

great idea. i think i can handle a little peanut butter!

Bruiser
07-04-2012, 10:09 AM
GOMAD and peanut butter are great. Also, start adding pork steaks in to your diet. A 12 oz pork steak has about 700 calories and 100g of protein. I try to have one every day. Other than that bro, beef. Lots of beef.

Young Gotti
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
great idea. i think i can handle a little peanut butter!

anything to help, the pb works really well because it's so small an amount that it won't fill you to eat a whole meal, but it will pack the calories needed really quickly

Bruiser
07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
anything to help, the pb works really well because it's so small an amount that it won't fill you to eat a whole meal, but it will pack the calories needed really quickly

Love me some natty PB. My wife won't let me eat it within a couple of hours of bed anymore though because she says the smell makes her feel like she's sleeping with a squirrel. Lol.

newNimproved
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Love me some natty PB. My wife won't let me eat it within a couple of hours of bed anymore though because she says the smell makes her feel like she's sleeping with a squirrel. Lol.

lmao!!!

newNimproved
07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
when i bulk/add size, i basically eat what i want, but make sure its all homemade food.......nothing processed for the most part. cutting down for me consists of 12-16 weeks so i take it slow either way. i used to pack it on way too fast when bulking and then cutting down was a chore to say the least.

OldGoat
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM

Quit giving here the dutch oven treatment!

Bruiser
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM

That's not the nuts she was smelling! Lol

ineedtogrow
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM

hahahaha, good stuff

OldGoat
07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
10am with 4 eggs, 3 pieces of toast and a big glass of milk
12pm i'll have a 36oz glass of MHP's UP Your Mass mixed with milk
2pm i'll have maybe a couple burgers or some burritos
4pm another Up Your Mass shake
6pm i'll have a half of a large pizza or a foot long sub
10:30pm i'll eat a big ass supper of like huge pork chops, chicken or steak and a green of some sort (green beans, peas stuff like that) and some sort of starch (either potatoes or corn)
10am with 8-10 eggs (4 yolks), 1 cup of oats or grits, or 1 large potatoe, 3 pieces of toast and a big glass of milk
12pm 36oz glass of MHP's UP Your Mass mixed with milk, add in a sweet potato or some 1 cup of oats
2pm couple 1/2 burgers(1lb of beef), 1 large potatoe or sweet potatoe.
4pm another Up Your Mass shake, 1 cup of oats
6pm 1 large (10oz) chicken breast or (10oz)ground turkey, 1 cup rice or 1 large potatoe
10:30pm 12oz minimum pork chops, chicken or steak and a green of some sort (green beans, peas stuff like that) and some sort of starch (either potatoes or corn)

Ok so I added some things and a better idea on quantity. You need to lose the things like the subway(processed meat) and pizza(save that for an end of week treat) If your not gaining, I can see why. Not really alot of food in your day. Try the quantities and types of food I gave you. Things like oats and gritsor potatoes are a great source to help you gain some size. Plus upping your portion size in your meats. Give this a shot and lose the beer! Seriously, 6-8 per night!

OldGoat
07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
And where do you workout in here?

ineedtogrow
07-15-2012, 05:48 PM
10am with 8-10 eggs (4 yolks), 1 cup of oats or grits, or 1 large potatoe, 3 pieces of toast and a big glass of milk
12pm 36oz glass of MHP's UP Your Mass mixed with milk, add in a sweet potato or some 1 cup of oats
6pm 1 large (10oz) chicken breast or (10oz)ground turkey, 1 cup rice or 1 large potatoe
10:30pm 12oz minimum pork chops, chicken or steak and a green of some sort (green beans, peas stuff like that) and some sort of starch (either potatoes or corn)

Ok so I added some things and a better idea on quantity. You need to lose the things like the subway(processed meat) and pizza(save that for an end of week treat) If your not gaining, I can see why. Not really alot of food in your day. Try the quantities and types of food I gave you. Things like oats and gritsor potatoes are a great source to help you gain some size. Plus upping your portion size in your meats. Give this a shot and lose the beer! Seriously, 6-8 per night!
wow, just seen this. i stopped drinking all together since the first of July. i will give this a shot and see what happens. thank you!

ineedtogrow
07-15-2012, 05:49 PM
And where do you workout in here? usually around 11 or 12am

Sherk
07-15-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm glad someone gave you some sound advice! As I was reading through your thread I noticed no one corrected your poor diet. Fallow this diet and I guarantee you'll start gaining weight. If for some weird reason you're still not then up your calories even more. But I don't you'll have an issue. Processed foods are just fillers and not calorie dense foods like chicken potato's OATS and rice. I capitalize oats because I don't see a whole lot of people incorporate that in their diet these days. Whether cutting or bulking. Use the old school Quaker oats with no added shit in them.

Fit Guru
07-16-2012, 11:35 PM
I can help you out bro. PM me if you want.

ineedtogrow
07-17-2012, 01:26 AM
i appreciate the help, but i'm going to try this and see where it gets me. thank you though

OldGoat
07-17-2012, 03:11 PM
usually around 11 or 12amThen keep the 10am breakfast I have for you, and have a poptart right when your done working out and your protein shake about 15 minutes after that. Then about an hour later eat that 2pm meal.

Fit Guru, post up man, Id like to see what your recommendations are. Hell we can all share and learn here man!

ineedtogrow
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Then keep the 10am breakfast I have for you, and have a poptart right when your done working out and your protein shake about 15 minutes after that. Then about an hour later eat that 2pm meal.

Fit Guru, post up man, Id like to see what your recommendations are. Hell we can all share and learn here man! that was 11pm-12am OG, should i still follow? i'm having trouble with all that food bro. it's like bloat city and i'm not even to your peak Rec.

OldGoat
07-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I would bet alot of guys including myself get pretty bloated feeling by the end of the day. I have eaten less, and with all the water I take in, I think that still keeps me feeling bloated. Slowly get to where I recommended. It will take a week or 2 to get used to it. Try to figure out what and when you are getting bloated.

Try to have your pre-workout meal completely consumed about 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours before workout. I bump it to almost 2 hours on leg day.

ineedtogrow
07-19-2012, 12:41 AM
good call man, thats what i have been thinking also. i try to eat as fast as i can so i can put more down, but it ends up hittin me pretty hard

layddually
07-24-2012, 10:39 PM
I eat about double what you listed and thats my maintain diet. Nothing like watching a skinny guy at a gattis buffet put away more food than his 350lbs co worker.

newNimproved
07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
I eat about double what you listed and thats my maintain diet. Nothing like watching a skinny guy at a gattis buffet put away more food than his 350lbs co worker.

lol! same here, and I increase cardio to make sure its clean weight being put on me.

Bruiser
08-13-2012, 08:02 PM
A few things to add here:

1. Take digestive enzymes with every meal, shake, etc
2. Drink a gallon of whole milk a day
3. Swap out some beef for pork steaks
4. Swap out chicken for turkey legs

1 gallon of whole milk + 1 pork steak + 1 turkey leg=
4,500-5,000 calories
400g of protein

Tell me that won't get you huge...

Orange24