PDA

View Full Version : Walmart protein shake as a cheap meal replacement?

HandyHeavyLifter
06-25-2013, 11:53 AM
I am trying to cut body fat and bulk up. I dont want to diet too hard and loose muscle. I picked up some cheap shake from walmart called "Body Fortress?" If I remember correctly it has around 180 calories a serving and like 60g of protein. So cutting out carbs, eating meat, and taking shakes as a high protein diet is my plan. Thanks guys.

iwrkout
06-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Ehhh I was always told to stay away from that Walmart protein but I guess walmart protein is better than no protein if you are on a budget lol

chrisotpherm
06-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Ehhh I was always told to stay away from that Walmart protein but I guess walmart protein is better than no protein if you are on a budget lol

Agreed on staying away from it. It has a lot of fillers in it that you won't be able to tell if its beneficial or not. Ive used it once and will never use it again. Made me sick and imo worthless.

HandyHeavyLifter
06-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Does make me feel jittery for some reason. Not a lot of sugar so it isnt that. I dunno.

chrisotpherm
06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Its all the fillers in there so you will never know man. Not a fan at all.

kazman68
06-26-2013, 06:02 PM
I actually use the same 'cheapie' kind, I have never had a problem, if I was getting ready for a show I'd switch to a good isolate, but for me the stuff seems to work ok, I have definitely put on muscle,and lost fat using it. I have X3 meals and X2 shakes a day.

KingMD
06-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Used it only when desparate for a shake and couldn't hit the spot I go to..sumthn is better than nothin I suppose

red crayon
07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
I am useing several different brands of protein right now. A casien at night, a whey after my work out, a meal replacement, during the day, and at work I use six star brand I got at wal-mart so that I can hit 300 grams of protein, from shakes, a day goal that I have. Six Star, from Wal-Mart, is cheap and made by Muscle Tech. It does the job but thats about all I can say about it.

ordawg1
07-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I won't buy or use ANYTHING from WalMart.Pure crap IMO-just my 2 cents-Thanks-OD

red crayon
07-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Ordawg your two cents is better than 10 of mine, lol. Im just saying thanks for the input!