PDA

View Full Version : Routine for women?

BigGuns
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm trying get some suggestions on what kind of routine would go with to help my sister loose weight And tone up!
Her stats (estimate)
Height: 5'4"-5'5"
Weight: 150lbs (110lbs was her weight in HS and her goal now)
Motivation level: high ( due to being talked about by so called friends)
Eating habits: fast food (have a diet plan already)
Health: she has PKD (polycystic kidney disease) everything else is normal

If anyone needs more info just ask. I looking for a cardio & weight training routines for a beginner that I can modify as she progresses

SisterSteel
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, just changing that diet will have a HUGE impact on your weight. As for training I would suggest multi-joint compound movements. They will increase her metabolism and burn a lot of kcal helping her in her transformation goals.

For her cardio... does she have access to a stepmill? I don't mean a stairmaster, I mean a step mill (it looks like an escalator). That is a great piece of cardio equipment. I would have her do her cardio first thing in the morning so she gets it over with early. She may lose interest later in the day and skip it.

As for lifting... have her squat, rdl, lunge, deadlift, row, pull ups, ohp, bench dips, bench, etc. She wants to change her composition faster rather than slower so you can ditch the machines and actually challenge her.

She's probably not someone who is used to training and working hard so I would suggest her lifting 3x week. That way she doesn't get burnt out. I would also suggest 3x week of cardio and as she slows down with making progress she can add additional days. Don't have her try to do to much to fast or it won't last.

BigGuns
06-27-2013, 11:34 AM
She is joining the gym that I train at today. And I'm thinking of doing a higher session of cardio with minor weight training the first month and then backing off the cardio a bit and upping the weight training from then on out

KingMD
06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Sisters advice is on point..and I'm no expert, but diet alone is huge! Tell all my female friends I advise..and start slow to not burn her body out..stairs as well is always the best choice or cycle..my .02

KingMD
06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Let us knw the progress as well Big.. (assuming she stays with it, seen plenty gung ho then quit, just sayin) best of luck on her

Lunchbox
06-27-2013, 05:08 PM
My only advice and the best thing that helped me start to change my lifestyle a few years back is the diet. Don't start her off to extreme...

I tried to do things myself and burned myself out after a month. Hired a nutritionist that literally changed my life both phisically and mentally.

Slowly worked my way up the "diet" ladder till I felt comfortable with whatever he threw at me.

Eat decent and clean... the rest will follow as it should.

Wish your sister the best of luck!! Its a great experience when you accomplish what she is about to take on.

I am rooting for her!