PDA

View Full Version : witnessed and helped a motorcycle crash yesterday

exphys88
07-01-2012, 05:56 PM
craziest shit! 2 guys on crotch rockets passed me on a curvy mountain road at about 70 mph and one of them crashed about 20 minutes later. I was one of the first ones on the scene and the only one with any medical background. He was unconscious when I found him, but came to about a few minutes later and had no idea what happened. I had to yell at him for him to lay still and let another guy hold his head in place. Obvious collar bone fracture, complaining of chest pain and mangled feet. It actually ripped his boots off and tore his feet up. Road rash everywhere. Finally, an off duty paramedic showed up and when I left, they were calling a helicopter to take him away. Pretty scary shit. His buddy was in shock, just standing there pale and speechless.

Brown
07-01-2012, 10:37 PM
thats freaking crazy.. Good Karma there man. I bet most drivers just passed and rubber necked

exphys88
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Lots did just pass by, but we had about 10 people in the first few minutes though.

Lunchbox
07-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Motorcyle crashes are no win situations. He is lucky someone with some experience stopped.

Manny1983
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Good shit bro.

when I had my motorcycle accident the only people that stopped were my cousin and my friend that were riding with me and some guy that was driving behind us and he called 911 since my cousin and friend were just standing speechless also. About the only thing my cousin did was put pressure on my head to slow the bleeding somewhat.

exphys88
07-01-2012, 11:21 PM
the guy nearly died because of a rock in the road. The consequences are just too severe for me to ever go 70 mph on a motorcycle.

Manny1983
07-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Yeah riding is dangerous but so is just about everything else these days. When I got my first bike I got it for the purpose of saving gas, but after a couple weeks of enjoyment I just started riding for the hell of it, then racing bikes on the highway (also raced a white Lamborghini on the highway that was awesome) then I got into stunting. I had my bike protected with an engine cage and a subframe (tail section) cage the day I got in my accident and my dumb ass was wearing gloves and boots that's it. According to my cousin I was pulling a wheelie for about a block when I either leaned back or fluttered the throttle making me come up to far which made me smack the tip of my exhaust on the pavement and lose control, I got thrown off at 45-50 mph luckily I hit my shoulder first then head or I would've died. End result 4 broken ribs all along the backside, broken collar bone, collapsed lung, bruised spleen, laserated face, split the back of my head open and had a baseball sized lump along with road rash. ICU for a week and out of commission for about 4 months while I was injured I repaired what little damage my bike had and it was waiting for me when I was cleared by the doctor. After that though I was scared shitless to get back on but I did and it wasn't the same so I sold it the following spring :(

cane
07-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Good karma always comes around,that guy need you.

Fux bikes are dangerous, Most of my friends got bikes, some of them crashed a few times but it wont stop them from riding.

jaytat
07-02-2012, 06:48 AM
That's cool you stopped to help, no many people would have! Living by the beach area guys from up north always driving crouch rockets crazy not realizing sand and gravel on road. Every weekend usually someone dumps there bike going wylie down road or driving on shoulder or down dotted lines between cars. Good man for helping

OldGoat
07-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Thanks for stopping to help. I am a sportbike rider and have done some pretty hardcore roadracing. Ive seen bad crashes both on and off the track. Ive been down on both as well. On track is the place for it. It took me a long time to realize it. Although there are some great american roads out there that I would still hit pretty hard. Wearing all your gear is key, leathers included. And when Im out on the road and hitting some of the twisties hard, I wear all my gear.

Rayca
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Now, THAT's a real man. Good job. I thought I was hot shit last week when I saved a hatched baby bird and unhatched egg (stuck outside the nest). Pushed em back in the nest. Family's doing fine. LOL. You're a hero, exphys88!

exphys88
07-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Thank you for the kind words!