PDA

View Full Version : disadvantages to size

xdude
07-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Ok I admit I am a big boy .. I am pushing 300 and about 6'2" I am not super lean Bodybuilder ( don't get me wrong I wish I was leaner) more like a offensive line man build... Well I work on a computer all day and they just moved us to new tinier cubes. the cube farm is shorter than before , and now we can look over the top..
so it I walk around and what sticks in my head is Godzilla Roaming through Tokyo...any how after a couple weeks of complaining ..I had to get the ergo people to get a chair that fits and special permission to raise the desk height ..

tell you favourite story of not fitting the mold...I am sure there is a lot of stories of airline flights

Layddually2
07-24-2013, 11:27 AM
When I went up to 230 I was replacing a door glass on a car. I was trying to vacuum all the glass out and my forearm got stuck in the door. I cut the shit out of my arm getting it out.

red crayon
07-24-2013, 11:01 PM
I often have to reach into tight places and pull wire out. I have found that I can reach in and pull the wire but cant get my hand out while holding the wire, my hand is to big. Thats not the worst thing. The worst thing is putting socks on. Every morning I have the hardest time putting my socks on. lol. Oh and I weigh around 250 at 5' 10". Most of that is in my Chest area, Im a man with a 50 something inch chest. Yes its from lifting weights.

xdude
07-25-2013, 04:26 AM
yeah I think we have ll gone to the suit store and heard "we don't break suits" cause the coat you need 54 and they expect you to have matching pants of 48-50

Layddually2
07-25-2013, 10:03 AM
yeah I think we have ll gone to the suit store and heard "we don't break suits" cause the coat you need 54 and they expect you to have matching pants of 48-50

I had the reverse happen actually just the other day. We going to a wedding sat and I can't find what I need. My butt and thighs are to big for the waist they have and the damn coat that match the pants fit FML I need to get upper body size up.

mugzy
07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
yes airline flights for sure. High blood pressure makes going to the beach a challenge due to the direct heat and we all know we love the beach.

drkmn1
07-25-2013, 07:04 PM
My dentist office now has a policy of checking blood pressure; even for standard cleanings. Poor chick couldn't get the self-operating cuff high enough on my arm. I suggested bigger pressure cuffs... Actually, it was great for the ego! Also got stuck on a roller coaster once too (safety bar).

SisterSteel
07-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Where to begin...... being 5'5", 200lbs, and having 38DDD puppies it's like looking for a needle in a haystack when I want to go shopping. Thankfully I love to wear tight fitting, stretchy clothes so I manage but it's not easy.

neoclassical
07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm tall (6'3"") but have also been a lanky dude. The athletic background includes swimming, rowing and baskrball. Most "big and tall" mens stores carru a proper inseem for me 36" but also with a fucking 50inch waist.

Beavis303
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
I fully feel y'all. I'm 6'5' and around 250 in shape. Can get a little bigger in winter. So I just wear Adidas clothes most of the year. Then when it's time to get fitted its time to pay. Being a 40" waist comfortable cant wear 36. But also 36 inseam sucks. Can't get legs in most pants except carhart work jeans. So big and tall is where I go. But where I live looking like a bum is the IN thing. So?? But forget travel except 1st class. To big to fight the others in coach. When I roll down the isle the eyes widen when I say I have the window. Then the people in 1st class look at me like a freak. I just keep my hoody up. Even in 100 degree heat and not speak much. But going to kids school is awesome. Kids love big people. They always want to hang off me. Nutty kids.

xdude
07-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Also got stuck on a roller coaster once too (safety bar).

oh that was another on... went to NY NY hotel in LV, NV and they have a coaster ..ran into Ken Shamrock there believe it or not... Nice guy .( pretty short for a pro wrestler though I don't think he was over 5'7") .. any how got on the coaster and the shoulder safety bar would not lower ....The kid run the right over gets up on top and slams it down pinching the collar bone and compressing the padding.....the advantages I was not going anywhere I was pinned ..and when the ride was over .. the safe-bar released and practically dragged me out of the chair ..

I also had the blood pressure thing too

zedhed
07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Where to begin...... being 5'5", 200lbs, and having 38DDD puppies it's like looking for a needle in a haystack when I want to go shopping. Thankfully I love to wear tight fitting, stretchy clothes so I manage but it's not easy.

And we love that you like to wear tight fitting stretchy cloths too suga! :cool:

Encino_Mang
07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm 5'5" 205........35" waist and wearing shorts the leg length still goes down to my ankles.....midget :(

red crayon
07-26-2013, 10:05 PM
I forgot about work cloths. We use rental clothes and in order to get the shirt to fit the shirt sleeves are about four inches longer than my arms. Same thing on the pants, to fit around the thigh they are to long and have lots of extra room around the waist. Then the tyvex coveralls are a problem too. lol. The company nurse said I have no neck and she takes my blood pressure on my forearm. The cuff doesnt fit anywhere else.

zedhed
07-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Now that made me LOL rc!

SisterSteel
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
And we love that you like to wear tight fitting stretchy cloths too suga! :cool:

Zed, you're such a sweet talker. I'll have to post something for ya. ;)

Orange24
07-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Zed, you're such a sweet talker. I'll have to post something for ya. ;)

Ok sis, 5'5 200lbs.....holy mother. What cycles you run? I'm 5'9 and trying to reach 200. Train me lol

Ironguruera
07-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Ok sis, 5'5 200lbs.....holy mother. What cycles you run? I'm 5'9 and trying to reach 200. Train me lol

Have u seen her wheels and back?? Get your wheels that big and see what u weigh lol!

xdude
07-27-2013, 08:13 PM

I have a buddy that is 5'4" and 200lbs... he has calves but the thighs really need work... so you can imagine the rest ..
I like a girl with muscular legs... some thing you can take a bite out of... :cool:

MuscleAddiction
07-27-2013, 08:33 PM

Sister...you choked out Rome, that alone is sexy as hell let alone that you are ;)!!!

MuscleAddiction
07-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Alright here we go...I am 6'2" tall and currently 245lbs and feel phenomenal!!! No disadvantage to me and no complaints from the wife ;).

I was 285lbs back in 2005 before I did my first bodybuilding competition. At that time yes it was difficult to function even things like tying my shoes. Had sleep problems, double chinned, was a big fatty! I had been training for 13 years naturally, ate like a horse, and was more into powerlifting for a few years prior. When I walked on stage for the competition I weighed 221.5lbs, and for the evening show was 217. I will not put that weight back on nor do winter bulking and spring cutting ever again...the weight fluctuations are not good for the heart or health. I like being lean and muscular!!! I am a large guy, but am happy with my current condition and size.

I have many here on the MC to thank for it...and am grateful!!!

OldGoat
07-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I agree MA, I am a little fluffy but love the size. I was always skinny. Only problems I have are I run into everything now. My delts, arms, quads are always hitting things. I don't go into glass stores. haha!

xdude
08-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Alright here we go...I am 6'2" tall and currently 245lbs and feel phenomenal!!! No disadvantage to me and no complaints from the wife ;).

I was 285lbs back in 2005 before I did my first bodybuilding competition. At that time yes it was difficult to function even things like tying my shoes. Had sleep problems, double chinned, was a big fatty! I had been training for 13 years naturally, ate like a horse, and was more into powerlifting for a few years prior. When I walked on stage for the competition I weighed 221.5lbs, and for the evening show was 217. I will not put that weight back on nor do winter bulking and spring cutting ever again...the weight fluctuations are not good for the heart or health. I like being lean and muscular!!! I am a large guy, but am happy with my current condition and size.

I have many here on the MC to thank for it...and am grateful!!!

thanks for share, but the reason I posted was not how your feel when you are not fit ... but how the world is just not designed for a bigger person... ( don't take it wrong congrats on the Weight loss !!!! )

Example Had to get a bigger office chair at work cause they just aren't designed for a 6' weightlifter
Of course it took a act of god to get one ... and I have to let anyone that needs one try it out ... Also it is not owned by my department..but the building facilities group... the thing is designed for a 500 lb person I think...