PDA

View Full Version : Bumblebee tuna

NTL
07-24-2013, 11:15 PM
I bought some bumblebee albacore tuna in olive oil and jalapenos this week at the grocery store.I ate 2 cans today for lunch and its dam good.If your board of plain tuna pick some up and give it a try.

red crayon
07-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Thats the brand I usually eat for lunch at work. Right now Im having lunch at work and a can of Tonno in Olive Oil. Bumble Bee has great Tuna!

baby1
07-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Tuna is great but it contains mercury so you still want to eat in in moderation. Albacore (canned white) contains more mercury than canned light tuna.

Ironguruera
07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Tuna is great but it contains mercury so you still want to eat in in moderation. Albacore (canned white) contains more mercury than canned light tuna.

Solid post baby!!
You are 100% spot on.
This was my urine heavy metal test results after 3 months of albacore Ed

The FDA has/had eating guidlines for fish/shellfish etc.

baby1
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Solid post baby!!
You are 100% spot on.
This was my urine heavy metal test results after 3 months of albacore Ed

The FDA has/had eating guidlines for fish/shellfish etc.

Was that a home test ?

Ironguruera
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Was that a home test ?

Yes. A co-worker saw in the paper some salesman in Maine was suing a tuna company for mercury. Peaked my interest so I googled heavy metal tests. It was $30-$40 or something like that. I also tested my ON protein. Which passed with flying colors lol....
My urine....not so much.

baby1
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes. A co-worker saw in the paper some salesman in Maine was suing a tuna company for mercury. Peaked my interest so I googled heavy metal tests. It was $30-$40 or something like that. I also tested my ON protein. Which passed with flying colors lol....
My urine....not so much.

Can you PM me wher I can get a test? I have a lot of health issues with no answers so I amy be interested in gettin this.

thanks

Ironguruera
07-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Can you PM me wher I can get a test? I have a lot of health issues with no answers so I amy be interested in gettin this.

thanks

Sure Hun lemme see if I can find it. I could use another one anyways. I'll post it here and pm u so other members can also benefit.

Here ya go
http://www.drclarkstore.com/heavy-metals-test-general-kit.html

There is also a mercury specific one to test the levels more precisely for just that metal.

Ironguruera
07-25-2013, 03:26 PM
http://www.drclarkstore.com/heavy-metals-test-general-kit.html

SisterSteel
07-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, you're better off eating chunk light tuna because it's a smaller fish. It'll still have mercury but the levels will be lower.

I like to chop up boiled egss, onions, and add some olive oil mayo to the tuna. It tastes pretty good.

Ironguruera
07-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah, you're better off eating chunk light tuna because it's a smaller fish. It'll still have mercury but the levels will be lower.

I like to chop up boiled egss, onions, and add some olive oil mayo to the tuna. It tastes pretty good.

Correct as usual sister. Chunk light the FDA suggests be eaten every 3 days vs albacore at every 9 days !

Tituse
10-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Hi NTL,
Thanks for the advice, will try bumblebee albacore tuna in olive oil and jalapenos and will share my reviews soon with you. Hope it will be available in the Mart near to my office. Fish is great for vision. brain and heart so we must add fish in our daily meals.