PDA

View Full Version : Back day

Orange24
08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
What lifts do you guys do for back day...

I do deads, rows
Pull over, pull downs etc..

I feel like back day is the hardest day of my week easily...so wiped out

dust06
08-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I love back day by far my fav I do dead on back and legg days other than that I row the shit out of it

Ironguruera
08-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Deads kill my back. I have herniated discs.

I like to do it old school with the bar in the corner. Load plates on the front. I find this is great for back thickness.

Typical rows, hammer strength etc

Key with back it to learn to pull with the elbows and how to move the scapula.

Ironguruera
08-08-2013, 08:20 PM
My back is ok. I don't go apeshit with it cause it hurts if I do. I'm not winning any shows lol

Orange24
08-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Looking pretty dense their iron. I like it. Perfect look. Franco Columbu style...my favorite.

SisterSteel
08-08-2013, 08:40 PM
For my back day, I perform conventional deadlifts, speed pulls, deficit pulls, good mornings, bent over rows, 1-arm db rows, wide grip pulls, snatches, snatch pulls (from floor, hang, and blocks), power snatches, face pulls, etc.

Of course I don't perform all of these at 1 time. I always pull and than I rotate others in and others out.

Ironguruera
08-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Looking pretty dense their iron. I like it. Perfect look. Franco Columbu style...my favorite.

Thanks orange u are too kind. Im
An aids patient next to franco's amazing back though! franco was a beast! he had some crazy deadlift...cant recall exactly but its BIG!
I've been focusing on my spinal erector work/low back and its been helping rehab my lower back and make it stronger.....hoping I can start dead lifting again!

lileight
08-09-2013, 08:01 AM
My usual routine. Deads,pull downs, good mornings, one arm dumbbell rows, seated rows.

lileight
08-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Needs a lot of work but here's a pict. 1520

lileight
08-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Orange24
08-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks orange u are too kind. Im
An aids patient next to franco's amazing back though! franco was a beast! he had some crazy deadlift...cant recall exactly but its BIG!
I've been focusing on my spinal erector work/low back and its been helping rehab my lower back and make it stronger.....hoping I can start dead lifting again!

That'd be great..deads are the ultimate mass builder

red crayon
08-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Geez, Every time Sister Steel posts something about her exercises I have to look them all up so I know what she is talking about. No doubt she is smart and built.

Ironguruera
08-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Geez, Every time Sister Steel posts something about her exercises I have to look them all up so I know what she is talking about. No doubt she is smart and built.

Roflmfao!! I thought I was the only one!! Crazy pl sis! It's like she talks another language sometimes lol.
I just go look at the pic of her legs instead of looking up the exercises :)

SisterSteel
08-10-2013, 12:22 PM
I'll make a thread about the lifts I talk about. I foget that a lot of the lifts I talk about aren't the norm so many don't know what they are or how to perform them. Even if you're not a PLer these lifts will benefit you by adding mass, thickness, and strength and we all want that.

MuscleAddiction
08-11-2013, 12:44 PM
1529 1530 1531

These are the most recent shots of my back...need to take some current ones for my log and for Zed to critique, but as far as back day goes like SS I switch the variations up weekly, but I love my staple exercises like T-bar Rows, One Arm DB Rows (45* angle), Seated Rows, Pulldowns & ups, Hammer Strength machines, cables, Bent Over BB Rows, and of course Dedz...but with those I like using the Trap Bar where the grip is at your sides, feels so much better on the lower back and I feel I can pull more and get into a better stance, more natural IMO.

wanabbig
08-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Me its rows, shrugs, calves, hammies, pull ups, cable or dumb bell flies, dead lifts.

wanabbig
08-17-2013, 08:35 PM

teddybear
09-02-2013, 10:39 PM
For my back day I do 4sets wide grip pull ups, 4 sets narrow grip pull ups and then 4 sets of bent over barbell rows .
I noticed several of you do dead lifts for back ? With proper form I always thought of deads as a leg exercise . I always look up as high as I can , it makes it more about the legs . I see guys at the gym hardly bending there legs and using all back . I always thought of that as bad form .

SuperSam
09-03-2013, 02:39 PM
1529 1530 1531

These are the most recent shots of my back...need to take some current ones for my log and for Zed to critique, but as far as back day goes like SS I switch the variations up weekly, but I love my staple exercises like T-bar Rows, One Arm DB Rows (45* angle), Seated Rows, Pulldowns & ups, Hammer Strength machines, cables, Bent Over BB Rows, and of course Dedz...but with those I like using the Trap Bar where the grip is at your sides, feels so much better on the lower back and I feel I can pull more and get into a better stance, more natural IMO.

DAMN MC!

That 3rd pic is mean as fuck!

zacktodevski
10-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Isolation Exercises helpful for back ?

Ironguruera
10-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Isolation Exercises helpful for back ?

Can u Be more specific with your question?
Isolation moves help with both development as well as rehab. a move like roman chair spinal erector work is not going to make your back thick or jacked. That's not the point of that move its to help stabilize and strengthen the lower back which in turn will enhance all your back lifts.

I feel isolation moves are crucial. They allow a person to learn how to contract and really target that muscle. Once u learn how to really contract and use a muscle then u can also get more out of your heavier mass moves by being able to feel and use that muscle working even with heavier moves.

I've seen some guys dead lift some heavy crap I could never lift. There backs were nothing crazy by any means. I do still feel deads are a great back mass move.

Fishman44
10-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I do deads, then 5 sets of 15 reps some sort of pulldown, reverse hyper, shrugs, and maybe bb or db rows

AgentYes
10-13-2013, 10:54 AM
One for thickness: rack pulls
One for width: pull downs
and a row: Meadows style dead stop DB rows or bent over barbell rows.

I like to add an angled hammerstrength high pull down and one of my gyms has a hammerstrength pulll OVER that is awesome.

Ironguruera
10-13-2013, 11:13 AM
One for thickness: rack pulls
One for width: pull downs
and a row: Meadows style dead stop DB rows or bent over barbell rows.

I like to add an angled hammerstrength high pull down and one of my gyms has a hammerstrength pulll OVER that is awesome.

Hammer pull over?? I'm jealous!!

Fishman44
10-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Forgot about meadows style dead stop rows, these suck if done for high reps, Pendlay style flat back dead stop bb rows are awesome too

SisterSteel
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I find it funny that people take a lift, slightly alter it and than voila..... it's suddenly some new lift no one has ever done so they name it after themselves.

drkmn1
10-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Been having issues with my back all last year so been keeping it at a moderate weight for now. Usually my exercises would depend on whether I'm bulking or cutting. So definitely deadlifts and compound lifts when bulking and more isolation (pulldowns and even pyramid sets on machines) with less rest during my cutting phases.