PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down Walls

chrisotpherm
08-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Many of us run into them. To tired from work or lifes challenges, stress, plateau from growing etc...

How do you deal with it, what's motivates you to push the wall down and overcome a stoppage in your ultimate goals?

chrisotpherm
08-19-2013, 12:36 PM
For me its the alpha male mentality that always chases me and a knowing I have reached another limitation that has to be broken.

Lunchbox
08-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Have a picture of what I looked like a year and half ago. Keep it on my mirror at home for the times when my bed feels to good to get out of.

chrisotpherm
08-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Have a picture of what I looked like a year and half ago. Keep it on my mirror at home for the times when my bed feels to good to get out of.

That's awesome man. Truly is.

MuscleAddiction
08-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Having the love and support of family and brothers like I have here and in life to help stay on track realizing that all of us are going through some transition, life challenge, finances, something that takes us out of our routine, maybe takes us to lows where we need to be picked up...I am blessed to have this, as well as my girls...that is what keeps me moving forward, gives me the strength, and reminds me that this too shall pass, and that what hasn't killed us has made us stronger for the next challenge...evolving, and we have each other here to give some comfort...sorry, this is in the weight lifting forum, but it all ties together!!!

smoovy
08-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Knowing who I am and what I'm suppose to be doing in life. The reality is that each of us are so diverse and different, how we're wired, what makes us feel alive. Identifying how I'm wired and what makes me tick is sort of like the road I need to make sure I'm traveling on. What I'm suppose to be doing in life is sort of like the destination the road is leading to. Keeping those 2 things in line and being focused and intentional about them allows for the walls to come down. And as MA said, friends are a HUGE deal. I always have that person in my life, sometimes friendships move on and you find a new person, but always making sure you have that person and a group of close friends.

Encino_Mang
08-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Been rough for me the last few months with just everyday events but I'm still getting in the gym a few times a week.......the only the that keeps me going is I'm trying lo keep what I worked hard for and fight off old man time :)

chrisotpherm
08-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Having the love and support of family and brothers like I have here and in life to help stay on track realizing that all of us are going through some transition, life challenge, finances, something that takes us out of our routine, maybe takes us to lows where we need to be picked up...I am blessed to have this, as well as my girls...that is what keeps me moving forward, gives me the strength, and reminds me that this too shall pass, and that what hasn't killed us has made us stronger for the next challenge...evolving, and we have each other here to give some comfort...sorry, this is in the weight lifting forum, but it all ties together!!!

Don't apologize man. The best motivation imo doesn't come from videos or workout advice but from those who making lemonade out of life's lemons. How you, I or you and I help each other take another step to our goals is the best motivation.

zedhed
08-20-2013, 01:13 PM
EXACTLY Elbutcho!
I too have been having a ruff time since last December. But thank God for my workouts. I tell you that and all of my wonderful bros here is what keeps it all together for me.

chrisotpherm
08-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Knowing who I am and what I'm suppose to be doing in life. The reality is that each of us are so diverse and different, how we're wired, what makes us feel alive. Identifying how I'm wired and what makes me tick is sort of like the road I need to make sure I'm traveling on. What I'm suppose to be doing in life is sort of like the destination the road is leading to. Keeping those 2 things in line and being focused and intentional about them allows for the walls to come down. And as MA said, friends are a HUGE deal. I always have that person in my life, sometimes friendships move on and you find a new person, but always making sure you have that person and a group of close friends.

Knowing who you is very key. I see and meet a lot of people who everyday try to figure or create who they are. Never happy and never has the ability to stick with anything. Those who do know who they are, will always prevail threw any hell they are walking through.

Been rough for me the last few months with just everyday events but I'm still getting in the gym a few times a week.......the only the that keeps me going is I'm trying lo keep what I worked hard for and fight off old man time :)

You got this bro. Life has seemingly been weighing many folks on the boards down as of late. However just reading one anothers post of reality and their ability to keep on rocking always motivates me!

Encino_Mang
08-20-2013, 10:06 PM
EXACTLY Elbutcho!
I too have been having a ruff time since last December. But thank God for my workouts. I tell you that and all of my wonderful bros here is what keeps it all together for me.

Today I reached the zenith of bullshit for one day, said fuck it all I'm going to hit the gym, one short hour later and I was on top of the world.....really......felt great!

drkmn1
08-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Right you are, nothing like taking your problems and pounding away at 'em with some iron. Thats why I try to hit the gym earlier in the day; the rest of my day is much more zen... Although I've worked out at 2 am to get my workout in (benefits of joining a 24-hr gym). Although nothing really gets me motivated like seeing those little improvements in the mirror... :cool:

smoovy
08-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Right you are, nothing like taking your problems and pounding away at 'em with some iron. Thats why I try to hit the gym earlier in the day; the rest of my day is much more zen... Although I've worked out at 2 am to get my workout in (benefits of joining a 24-hr gym). Although nothing really gets me motivated like seeing those little improvements in the mirror... :cool:

I HATE lifting in the morning. When I used to do that I noticed I would get hurt easier and just wasnt as strong. I need to give my muscles and body some time to wake up and loosen up before I hit up the gym.

chrisotpherm
08-22-2013, 08:19 PM

Whatever it takes to deal with the insanity.

chrisotpherm
08-22-2013, 08:19 PM
I HATE lifting in the morning. When I used to do that I noticed I would get hurt easier and just wasnt as strong. I need to give my muscles and body some time to wake up and loosen up before I hit up the gym.

Me too. My strength is just not there early in the morning.

drkmn1
08-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Me too. My strength is just not there early in the morning.

I guess "earlier" is relative to the next guy, but usually around 9 or 10 am is good for me. Any earlier than that I'm looking for my ECA stack or a 20 min treadmill warm-up. The reality is while I don't feel "older", I do realize warming up is becoming more important as the years go by. I don't remember those popping noises in my shoulder 20 years ago!

chrisotpherm
08-25-2013, 08:44 PM
^^^lol. Agreed. 10yrs of military and I sound like a bowl of rice kripies after milk being added. Lol.

chrisotpherm
03-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Can't wait till I can jump on a cycle again. Its been forever. Need to hurry up amd get the wife pregnant so I can. Lol.

humility should be in every man's dna.