PDA

View Full Version : Need some motivation to get to the gym?

sault11
08-25-2013, 08:47 AM
YOUR POST HAS BEEN EDITED

Knights

Ironguruera
08-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Doesn't play

red crayon
08-25-2013, 08:33 PM
I often need motivation to go to the gym. I think we all do at one point or another. I have been trying to schedule a meal after my work out, Since I like to eat that has been working. Does anyone else have any tips to share?

smoovy
08-25-2013, 08:41 PM
I often need motivation to go to the gym. I think we all do at one point or another. I have been trying to schedule a meal after my work out, Since I like to eat that has been working. Does anyone else have any tips to share?

Do you have a close friend you talk with about lifting and your results and goals?

Orange is one of my close buddies, known him for 6yrs, him and I are always talking bout lifting, our gains, strength, new tips and blogs and such. Always helps to have a friend who's just as passionate as you are.

theduketmwbo
09-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Do you have a close friend you talk with about lifting and your results and goals?

Orange is one of my close buddies, known him for 6yrs, him and I are always talking bout lifting, our gains, strength, new tips and blogs and such. Always helps to have a friend who's just as passionate as you are.

wish i had that bro, usually its just me, and my motivation is not to sound like a pussy or need a pitty party but my motivation is my war experiences and losing friends, its like therapy for me, if i dont get in the gym at 4 or 5 in the morning everyday i feel like a failure. when i first came home i treated my body horrible, the military had me on 13 different meds, i was drinking everyday to forget/deal with what i had been through, started smoking, and now im ok, i dont smoke i dont drink nor do i put anything in my body that can cause me to go backwards. ive overcome a lot, but i still do need that support from someone, i feel alone a lot.

prc603
10-08-2013, 06:38 PM
YOUR POST HAS BEEN EDITED

Knights
ouch

SisterSteel
10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I think people begin to lose motivation when it becomes a chore and is no longer fun. Remember, this should be fun and you should want to do it. I quit competing in bodybuilding and quit bodybuilding altogether because it wasn't fun and I thought of it more like a job.

If you start to get burnt out it may be time to change things up. I switched to strength sports and I've been happy since.

red crayon
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Sister Steel thats great advice. Im kinda like theduketmwbo. Although Ive never been in a "war" zone I had to find something that would replace all the bad stuff I was doing. Drinking, partying to much, just generally really bad habits. Then there was the people who suddenly werent there anymore, death is unforgiving. Weight lifting is the only thing I could find that helped. I go work out by myself, my family understands but no friends. Thats ok, we all have to find what works for us and my family helps me keep going to the gym like I want to even when I dont feel like it. Time restraints, no work out partner, and so on and so on are all things that can keep you out of the gym. I have found ways to work around most of the road blocks. Believe it or not belonging to a board such as this is really a big help. Its like having a second family!

donaldk
12-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Just reading that was motivation for me. You have a strength that no weight or exercise can give. Thank you for your sacrafice and service brother.to theduketmwbo

Ironguruera
05-10-2014, 11:35 AM
What is your motivation?

Pussy

Lujannoe
05-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Pussy

Nuff said...

The Noe

Bigelle510
01-25-2015, 06:39 AM
27602761 There is my motivation every time I look into mirror i see this fat man staring back. i was 688 pounds. now roughly 255. I hope that motivates you bro hit me up. Bigelle510 that was then this is now2762