PDA

View Full Version : A few contest prep questions. FINAL WEEK!

shuni
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, noob bodybuilder here with a few questions for those who have competed before. Im down to the wire at this point as Im only 2 weeks out and im starting to stress about the final week of the show. So, im gonna give you my plan and hope that you could take a look and tell me what you think about it as far as my plans with dropping water and carb loading. I think ive got most of it planned out correctly so Im not gonna go into extreme detail. Just a rough picture of what Im planning the week to look like. So, take a look at my "final week plan" and give your thoughts please! Thanks

Mon-Wed: Carb deplete (50g/day split pre and post wo), extremely low fat, high protein from whey, talapia, egg whites, and 99% fat free ground turkey. All cardio will be cut out at this point to allow the legs to rest. Drinking as much water as possible and keeping sodium relatively low.

Thurs- Cut sodium completely. Cut all weight training completely. Carb up using white rice (300-400g carbs). Cut water completely at 11 pm thurs night. Dandelion root extract (9 caps/day).

Fri- Water and sodium still cut completely. Carb up with white rice (300-400g carbs...more or less depending on how I look/feel). No exercise, just rest.

Sat morning (show day)- I plan to keep water cut until after pre judging. snack on apple pie filling mixed with dry oats before pre judging. Maybe a few sips of red wine with it.

After pre judging I'll probably eat a burger or some pasta, but keep water at a minimum.

Well? What do you think? Im open to any opinions from competitors, thanks!

Oh and one more thing: when Im carb loading thurs and fri, would it be safe to include some protein (talapia) with the carbs or do I need to cut protein?

Fit Guru
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I am so sorry I missed this post!! I was on vacation and just seen it. I really hope you did well but NO, NO,NO!!!!! Everything is wrong!!! I also saw no one else responded. Is there not at least 1 other person here that knows contest prep ? Again I'm sorry for missing it! Kicking myself. Hope u didn't die in the process!! If anyone else needs prep advice not only post on the forum but shoot me a PM just in case

alin
07-20-2012, 09:52 AM
i do

Fit Guru
07-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Alin I hope I can help