PDA

View Full Version : Competition Ready BB

iwrkout
09-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Alrighty so I have been weight lifting for 1 1/2 now Powerlifting for a few months, which I love, but I want to get shredded. Ive heard light weight high reps and up the cardio and eat clean but Ive done that in the past and it didn't get me where I wanted. I'm hoping there are some female bodybuilders on here that can help me with a new approach to my workouts. I see a few females that compete at my gym that do a lot of supersets and plyometric stuff incorporated into their weight training. I normally just do 4 different exercise per body part Im working and do 4 sets of eight reps. Sometimes I superset lol. Ill do Back and Bi's one day, Shoulders and Tri's the next , then Chest, and then Legs. Then start back over again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

knights
09-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Alrighty so I have been weight lifting for 1 1/2 now Powerlifting for a few months, which I love, but I want to get shredded. Ive heard light weight high reps and up the cardio and eat clean but Ive done that in the past and it didn't get me where I wanted. I'm hoping there are some female bodybuilders on here that can help me with a new approach to my workouts. I see a few females that compete at my gym that do a lot of supersets and plyometric stuff incorporated into their weight training. I normally just do 4 different exercise per body part Im working and do 4 sets of eight reps. Sometimes I superset lol. Ill do Back and Bi's one day, Shoulders and Tri's the next , then Chest, and then Legs. Then start back over again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

what works for me after a long bulking cycle is to do lighter dropsets until failure. During a bulk...I may go lets say 60lbs for 6-8 reps max, 1 minute rest, 3-4 sets. After a bulk and I'm looking to get shredded and cut.....I'll go down to lets say 40lbs for 10-12 reps, no rest, straight to 30lbs for 8-10 reps, and then 20lbs til failure. Really concentrate on form and movement with the lighter sets....helps tremendously.

MuscleAddiction
09-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Just have to find out what works for you through trial and error...minus error part lol...J found both what knights said closer to competition works good, but still while shredding pushing heavy weights to keep muscle mass. We want to shred fat...not muscle, so keeping weights fairly heavy keeps mass on for me while dieting. Drop sets, supersets, giant sets, tension under load, and posing/flexing inbetween sets are good too. Are you looking to compete in bodybuilding or figure? You will do good girl, you have what it takes, just keep it simple and work each muscle group, learn to feel each muscle as you train them, flex them, and beautiful things happen!!!

Ironguruera
09-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Knights gave solid advise.
When I wanna cut I do more drop sets and supersets.
That's a way to manipulate X amount of weight/reps/sets done in X period of time elapsed. I find this helps me drop fat faster.

It's all about diet in regards to getting shredded. Muscle fiber doesn't change it's merely losing the fat on top of said muscle that brings out the detail.

Lower cals by 250cals a day u til u find that sweet spot of losing weight yet maintaining muscle. U may need to incorporate refeed/cheat meals or days to find that sweet spot.

Doesn't matter if u wanna bulk or shred....diet is the puzzle piece u are after.

iwrkout
09-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks guys