PDA

View Full Version : hitting it twice a day

theduketmwbo
09-04-2013, 03:08 PM
what are yous guy's thoughts on hitting the gym twice a day, being on aas i feel like i never want to leave but after the first go round i get tired, after eating and a nap then later i want to go again later in the day. have yous guys tried it? had results, or have had the same feeling?

MuscleAddiction
09-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Preparing for a contest I will do double days, hit say chest in morning and biceps in evening along with cardio with both sessions. It works good and is a change from the norm. Only thing I don't like is spending time away from my little girl :(.

neoclassical
09-04-2013, 07:22 PM
It's certainly effective, but I wouldn't do it for two long unless you're doing a show or have $$ to make from your condition.

Ironguruera
09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah more meant for show time.

My buddy doesn't work but 2-3 days a week and does this. He literally eats, sleeps and trains most of the day.....if u have the time and cals it can be done.

Just be careful. It's a recipe for over training.

sohumboldt215
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
i do it sometimes when i am just in mood but never as a normal routine....

SisterSteel
09-04-2013, 08:24 PM
It depends on your goals and what you're training for but remember you grow outside the gym and not in it.

Exerciseordie
09-04-2013, 08:48 PM
From the title I assumed you were talking about you and your girl lol! Figured you were running the good stuff from TGC! But I agree with MA contest prep calls for it. Off season IMO doesn't. Listen to sister too, grow outside the gym.

kazman68
09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
It depends on your goals and what you're training for but remember you grow outside the gym and not in it.

Good point! People always think I spend 6-8 hrs a day in the gym, when I say 6-8 hours a week, they are shocked.

red crayon
09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I sometimes go twice a day. I use it to shock a stubborn body part into submission. The last time I did it I was training my shoulders. I couldnt get a pump at all in the morning session so I came back 4 hours later and hammered them again. For me it works well when I need to shock a body part.
Like everyone else said dont do it very often unless you want to lose some weight. It makes your body use more calories and you cant control where the body gets the calories from, it could be fat or muscle.

theduketmwbo
09-05-2013, 11:36 AM
I sometimes go twice a day. I use it to shock a stubborn body part into submission. The last time I did it I was training my shoulders. I couldnt get a pump at all in the morning session so I came back 4 hours later and hammered them again. For me it works well when I need to shock a body part.
Like everyone else said dont do it very often unless you want to lose some weight. It makes your body use more calories and you cant control where the body gets the calories from, it could be fat or muscle.

yea thats what the question was more geared towards, like i got usually at 4am, and if i dont feel like i got a good pump, or hit them good enough then i go back in the afternoon, but just didnt have too much experience with it, so i thought id ask more experienced ppl.

smoovy
09-05-2013, 02:40 PM
yea thats what the question was more geared towards, like i got usually at 4am, and if i dont feel like i got a good pump, or hit them good enough then i go back in the afternoon, but just didnt have too much experience with it, so i thought id ask more experienced ppl.

4AM!!!??

Heck no, I have half my strength that early and am more prone to injury. Used to do 5am and felt like I almost died, was tired the whole rest of the day, I'm not made for early mornings. My thought is to go when it feels good and adjust your day accordingly, so now I go late afternoon/early evening-- waaaay better for me.

theduketmwbo
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
4AM!!!??

Heck no, I have half my strength that early and am more prone to injury. Used to do 5am and felt like I almost died, was tired the whole rest of the day, I'm not made for early mornings. My thought is to go when it feels good and adjust your day accordingly, so now I go late afternoon/early evening-- waaaay better for me.

yea still on a military type schedule, get up early, hit the gym, but i go to bed wicked early, like 8pm, id say i have the most boring life of any guy in their 20's, workout,eat,eat,work,eat,eat,sleep, and on and on, just cant break the routine of getting up early. i really have no life, i work at a gym, and i play at a gym, idk im just always there and just wanna keep working out

JRam
09-05-2013, 09:51 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought u were referring to your significant other.:)