PDA

View Full Version : Carb loading post workout?

Ironguruera
10-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't like pre workout supps. I work out at 7:30 pm and they keep me up all night. I prefer Karolyn or cyclic dextrin, bcaa, protein isolate pre workout. Keeps my energy levels up, no bloating from a heavy meal before I train that might repeat or give indigestion during my workout.

I have a great book called nutrient timing. By utilizing carbs post workout within 1 hour of training the insulin spike is said to dramatically increase nutrient uptake post workout in particular bcaa, proteins to vastly aid recovery.
Well sometimes I get cheap...or my wife is cooking dinner so ill just have isolate and bcaa.

Lately I've made more of a habit of adding the Karolyn post workout....I'm going to keep experimenting but I swear if I carb load post workout ESP after my bicep training my arms stay full and pumped the whole next day! If I don't carb load this doesn't seem to happen.

Anyone else carb load post workout? U can use high glycemic foods ie raisins etc if u don't use Karolyn. Waxy maize is useless dogshit. Maltodextrin or dextrose work great if u don't mind the bloating from them. powdered Gatorade has dextrose fwiw or smarties candies lol.

Makes me really eager to try the slin i have. Just haven't had a chance just yet.

MuscleAddiction
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Protein shake with 50+ grams of protein and carbs (Maltodextrin or just orange juice), 1 banana, and a handful of raisins within 30 minutes of training...then a meal 1.5-2 hours after with same amount of carbs and protein. All carbs come in around training time...taper off later into evening hours. I liked that book by the way.

SisterSteel
10-09-2013, 04:58 PM
The majority of the carbs I take in daily is after I'm done training. I also take in carbs the evening before a training session.

Ironguruera
10-09-2013, 09:23 PM
The majority of the carbs I take in daily is after I'm done training. I also take in carbs the evening before a training session.

Interesting detail as always sister. It's not just what we consume the day of training but I agree the day before is just as important!