PDA

View Full Version : National Guard

red crayon
10-15-2013, 03:02 AM
Did you know that the government shut down all non-essential services, October first, due to the budget thing thats been going on? My son is in the National Guard, He is a full time National Guard Soldier. That means that he works 5 days a week doing his National Guard job plus his Monthly Guard week end. Anyway at the beginning of October they were told that they were laid off until the budget mess is fixed. When he called and told me that, we both had a good laugh about it. Then he told me that he was going to take advantage of the free vacation days and take his family to the mountains for a few days.What does that mean to the regular American citizens? If you have a disaster its going to take about 10 to 15 days to get the National Guard back on line so that they can come and help you out. Well to finish the story, after about a week the people in the state Government realized what was going on and called all the National Guard people and told them that they should come back to work and that the state would make sure that they got paid even if they had to pay it out of the state budget. The Guardsmen would also get back pay from October first on.

I decided to pass this small bit of information along because I thought that you guys might get a laugh out of it like I did.

Vicious 13
10-15-2013, 07:42 AM
The shut down wasn't really about money in my opinion

SisterSteel
10-15-2013, 09:06 AM
WOW, that's crazy. They're supposed to be considered non-essential?

red crayon
10-16-2013, 01:46 AM
I dont know what the people in charge are thinking. To me it just makes no sense. None of this mess sounds right anyway. All non-essential parts of the government should have been removed years ago. Lots of our leaders are talking but no one is doing anything. Uggg

I just thought that the National Guard being laid off was a good example of how messed up things are. My son and I both had to laugh about it because that Idea came from so far out in left field that I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt been here to see it. Maybe it will all work out for the best, I sure hope so!

chrisotpherm
10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
The shut down wasn't really about money in my opinion

Agreed. Who has a bigger pencil imo.

chrisotpherm
10-16-2013, 10:13 AM
I dont know what the people in charge are thinking. To me it just makes no sense. None of this mess sounds right anyway. All non-essential parts of the government should have been removed years ago. Lots of our leaders are talking but no one is doing anything. Uggg

I just thought that the National Guard being laid off was a good example of how messed up things are. My son and I both had to laugh about it because that Idea came from so far out in left field that I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt been here to see it. Maybe it will all work out for the best, I sure hope so!

This whole situation is a confusing mess. I'm pretty positive we all don't really know what truly is going on. Politics are so sideways right now that have endured on Americans is utter chaos. I'm sick of it all. I've been in 10yrs and am an E-7, been told by many I'm on the accelerated track; however I don't know how much more I can take of this up and down pms of government.

red crayon
10-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I know this is gonna sound bad but I was watching the news this afternoon and the way the Federal Government is acting kinda reminds me of a bunch of teenage girls. All the drama queens are trying to one up each other. Dont get me wrong I love this country, thats why I served in the Air Force to defend it! I just wish the politicians would simply cut to the chase on most things and stop trying to hit all their talking points while the rest of us regular people wind up being confused and forgetting what the original question was.

theduketmwbo
10-18-2013, 03:48 AM
yes the "national guard" is non-essential....lol POGS

Optimumfusion00
11-18-2013, 01:30 AM
The government just showcased why anyone holding office now shouldn't be re-elected. They also showed why the congress and senate need term limits.

zedhed
12-21-2013, 01:48 PM
^^^YES RIGHT ON THE DAM MONEY!!^^^

Nbencze
03-04-2015, 06:10 AM
Nasty girls haha